http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 07:18:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World to America: F**K YOU  (Read 1304 times)
unbreakable
« on: November 24, 2004, 08:46:45 PM »

This is a sad remider to America that we do, indeed, need to pay attention to what the rest of the world thinks of us.  Given that the USA is part of the world market, and is propping up the illusion that the US economy is the leader of the world market, it would have been nice to have a leader who recognizes it.  

Oh well: at least the gays cant marry, and we dont have to worry about that evil 'socialized medicine'...

BTW, does anyone else think this will eventually lead to America completely losing its place as independant of world opinion, since the lower the USD falls, the more likely it is that large US companies will be bought out by foreign investors, much like the auto industry was during the past decade?
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 08:57:48 PM »

Maybe people will finally wake up and realize it's reasons like this that a huge national deficit is not a good thing.  Or perhaps not. Tongue

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 08:58:42 PM »

What we need are electronic credits like they have in Star Wars. That would solve everyone's problems, in my opinion. Whether a country's currency is valued at higher/lower than another's only leads to pain in the asses of the many. Just my thoughts on it.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 08:59:50 PM »

Im still curious whether a very weak dollar will help or hurt in paying down the national debt.  I havent been able to find an adequate answer anywhere.
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 09:00:04 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"
Maybe people will finally wake up and realize it's reasons like this that a huge national deficit is not a good thing.  Or perhaps not. Tongue

s

Just like everyone else's huge national deficit? This is no new thing. Or uncommon.

And we do care about what other people think. Or some of us do. But when you're sitting alone in a position of power like we are, it's easy for everyone to blame us for all the world's problems.

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 09:03:12 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Im still curious whether a very weak dollar will help or hurt in paying down the national debt.  I havent been able to find an adequate answer anywhere.

It honestly depends on who you ask. Economists tend to vary widely in theories on ANYTHING financial, so take that for what you will. Also, the dollar and every other currency has inflated and deflated so much over the years it's like a damn yo-yo. Such is the nature of economics. If I was a stock broker I'd have shot myself long ago. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 09:04:14 PM »

Quote from: "SpaceLord"

s

Just like everyone else's huge national deficit? This is no new thing. Or uncommon.

And we do care about what other people think. Or some of us do. But when you're sitting alone in a position of power like we are, it's easy for everyone to blame us for all the world's problems.

The fact that other nations have national debts is irrelevent.  It's the fact that we have a GIGANTIC debt and that that debt is reflecting poorly on us in the world market that is the problem.  It's not just the debt itself, it's the perception of weakness in our economy that is driving the dollar down and the Euro up.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 09:10:51 PM »

s

The fact that other nations have national debts is irrelevent.  It's the fact that we have a GIGANTIC debt and that that debt is reflecting poorly on us in the world market that is the problem.  It's not just the debt itself, it's the perception of weakness in our economy that is driving the dollar down and the Euro up.

s

You're right, I forget the hypocrisy of pundits. slywink Ignore your own problems, blame the rich guy across the pond. It's a world tradition. biggrin

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 09:10:58 PM »

Say, I don't suppose we could at least keep profanity out of the thread titles, can we?  I mean, 'F---K You' would be just as effective.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 09:15:30 PM »

Ok, fair enough.

I've submitted to censorship  Tongue
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 09:27:16 PM »

s

s

You're right, I forget the hypocrisy of pundits. slywink Ignore your own problems, blame the rich guy across the pond. It's a world tradition. biggrin

Well, I'm not too sure what you mean by "hypocrisy of pundits", or placing blame... left, right, up, or down...

The fact is that the dollar is falling against the euro, and many economists are citing the US debt as a problem.  Now, with our recent economic reports looking up, but the dollar still declining, there has to be some other cause...

My opinion is that people are worried about a record debt and the fact there are no signs of fiscal conservatism in sight.

But then again money may not grow on trees, but economic theories do. smile
s

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 09:29:19 PM »

Thanks!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: