http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:46:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Work starts at 8am  (Read 1469 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2005, 10:46:35 AM »

And I just woke up at nearly 7am, and it's a good 3 hour drive away. What to do..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 10:55:23 AM »

Do what I'm about to do...

ZzZZzzZzzZzZzzzzzzz

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 11:14:19 AM »

Don't you feel "sick"?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 11:15:24 AM »

LOL I wonder if I could pull that off..? Any suggestions?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 11:16:18 AM »

car wreck

Ye Olde Farte
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

They'd want to see a police report or something for that, good idea though because I called in saying I went down on my motorcycle a county above me and can't take it any further.
Kind of shocked I'm doing this but to be honest I have been wanting to leave this job ever since it started (we make roughly $3.00 an hour but work 70 hours a week) had an interview on tuesday and another one tommorow. Hopefully I get into the job I want before these guys either fire me or I just say the hell with this company I'm out of here! (Before securing a new job.)

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 12:25:29 PM »

Call in, say that you don't feel well enough to drive?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 12:33:19 PM »

Thanks although I already said I went down on my motorcycle, now they are sending someone to come pick me up so I can work the week (we work 5 days at a time) so oh well.. just brought my bike around back since it's supposed to be "in the shop" getting repaired.. :wink:

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 12:41:15 PM »

3.00 an hour?

Is that even legal?

If you meant 30.00 per hour, then, boy howdy!

If you work 70 hrs per week, I would assume that the xtra 30 is at time and a half meaning you bring in in the neighborhood of 2550 per week.

With that kind of cash you should be taking a limo to work slywink.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 01:40:35 PM »

Just call in and tell them that you have the runs.  They can't argue with that at all  biggrin

Pig
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »

A friend of mine once used the "sprayed by a skunk" excuse.  It's a compelling reason to stay out of the office and there's no way they can verify it, but it's possible some of your co-workers will imagine they can "still" smell it on you when you return to work.

How do you feel about the possibility of having "Stinky" take the place of your first name?

-Autistic Angel
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 04:48:57 PM »

Too late now - but for future reference:  if you tell them part of the truth (oversleeping), but give them a very good reason for it that they can't disprove, it's more believable and could fly. after all, if they're willing to send a car for you, they might send someone to sniff out the skunk story...

my advice is to tell them that you overslept - because you were up all night vomiting (or whatever), and you just woke up and still are sick.  Don't say feverish or anything else that can be tested.

if all else fails, like you think they didn't believe that, then call in sick for three days or more - then they think you must really be sick.  seems like a lot of people call in for a day, but not for 3 or more unless they are... um, sick! use your time to look for another job, of course.

I used to work at a place that had mandatory emergency overtime - if you told them you were having a party and had just finished your 6th beer, they'd send someone to do a field sobriety test!  We all had answering machines - not so we could go out, but so we could stay home. Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 05:31:39 PM »

Blown tire?  You can't use a spare on the highway after all.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 08:58:04 PM »

How do you make $3/ hour?

You could pick up dog doo at the mall pet store and make more than that.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 09:38:08 PM »

Salaried Employee + Long hours.  His pay probably doesn't scale after 40.

Just Hiro will do.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 10:47:12 PM »

LOL I wonder if I could pull that off..? Any suggestions?

Can't you just call in and say you're sick?  End of story where I work.  I just say I'm sick, they say OK and that's that.  I don't even have to sound sick  biggrin

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 02:28:51 PM »

Wow I wish I made $30.00 an hour! We really do make 3 bucks an hour transporting inmates around the state, on average spending 70 hours per week on the road. We'd probably be on the road more than 70 hours if DOT didn't regulate how many hours you can drive without getting some sleep time. Just got home after six days on the road and already going back again tommorow.

Thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate them. I went for an interview yesterday and am more than likely going to get the job so anyone who wants to make a whopping 3 dollars an hour in the Florida area, my job will soon be open! Don't all come rushing to the opportunity at once though as we don't want to cause a widespread panick.
Any takers? $3.00 ........... can you resist the power of the $?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: