http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:08:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Win a copy of my zombie novel!  (Read 3225 times)
Crusis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 07:18:06 PM »

I have already brought up the editing concerns with my publisher. He said the software picked up or missed some characters. I don't know, I went through 5 edits including a pro-editor but I'm disappointed in the final version. I think I am going to push to get a new one done and out if I can.

I appreciate any candid feedback, this will help me figure out what works and what doesn't in my future books. I think you have a good point about a lot going on. If I had a day like one of my characters I think I would just stay home sick.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Funny you mention Lester. I thought Kate was the most interesting to write but I have had several people mention Lester and Angela as the most interesting characters. I can't figure that out, he is basically a loser drug dealer with no prospects except getting laid, stoned and or drunk. Also, Alice and Ken were the first parts of the book written and almost got dropped several times but we felt the chance to do 2nd person POV was too good to pass up. Well, when I wasn't thinking it was career suicide.  icon_lol

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on August 13, 2009, 07:15:18 PM

Quote from: Punisher on August 13, 2009, 06:31:16 PM

I have finished Day 0 and will soon start Day 1.
Overall I am enjoying it, however, I do think that it needs a second edit. There are several typo's and grammatical errors...Not ton's, but enough to definately notice.
I don't have the book here, but and example would be something like "Billy was looking at hose TV's when the zombie came through the door." hose should have been those....

My only "complaint" is that Day 0 seems too cluttered and there seems to be way to much going on in one day.... This may be because it jumps around from character to character, but it did seem like more than was possible was happeneing in one day...

I'll apologize before I hit Post on this, but, erm... I couldn't help myself.  Sorry, sorry, sorry!   icon_wink 

No problem.... I'm at "work" so I'm trying to type fast.....
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 07:24:33 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on August 13, 2009, 07:18:06 PM

I have already brought up the editing concerns with my publisher. He said the software picked up or missed some characters. I don't know, I went through 5 edits including a pro-editor but I'm disappointed in the final version. I think I am going to push to get a new one done and out if I can.

I appreciate any candid feedback, this will help me figure out what works and what doesn't in my future books. I think you have a good point about a lot going on. If I had a day like one of my characters I think I would just stay home sick.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Funny you mention Lester. I thought Kate was the most interesting to write but I have had several people mention Lester and Angela as the most interesting characters. I can't figure that out, he is basically a loser drug dealer with no prospects except getting laid, stoned and or drunk. Also, Alice and Ken were the first parts of the book written and almost got dropped several times but we felt the chance to do 2nd person POV was too good to pass up. Well, when I wasn't thinking it was career suicide.  icon_lol

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't know if I like the alice and ken arc yet... the run to the car thing seemed too forced for me and with everything that had already been going on with the characters, including skater girl, it didn't seem too plausible.as for lester he just seems to predictable for me....
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »

The drawing is done, the emails are sent and there was a GT winner!  I went ahead and did 3 books instead of 2. Congrats to the lucky GTer!

-Crusis

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »

Kindle version? If it goes up by Monday, I can take it on my trip!

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 03:41:48 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on August 14, 2009, 02:43:36 PM

The drawing is done, the emails are sent and there was a GT winner!  I went ahead and did 3 books instead of 2. Congrats to the lucky GTer!

-Crusis

Well? Who?
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 03:56:11 PM »

I thought I would wait and let them say who they are in case they don't want all the attention, accolades, pats on the back, congratulations for being one step closer to world peace.

Or they want to do a happy dance, curse my name for subjecting them to my prose, spit in the face of danger as they MacGuyver the book in a last ditch effort to save a sinking cruise liner, have it personalized to read 'To be read in only pretty pink pajamas',  plan to use it and every other zombie book they own in a suit covered with cockroaches to survive the Fallout 3 world we are destined for.

Or, just in case they want to say "I won and you didn't! Suck it!" Poehler-style.

-Crusis

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on August 14, 2009, 03:09:28 PM

Kindle version? If it goes up by Monday, I can take it on my trip!

I'll check right now.

-Crusis

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 03:47:08 AM »

I won! I won!Iwon!Iwon! *does a little dance*falls and hurts his back..again*

I won! Yessirree. I didn't know Id won till Tim sent me a PM. My mail must have ate it. I have been checking it all day long LOL.

My wife has already called dibs on the first read. I might not should have told her I won and what it was about. Drat.

Thank you sir!

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 03:57:03 AM »

Damn, guess I'll have to actually pay for a copy.  icon_twisted

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2009, 04:19:28 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on August 15, 2009, 03:47:08 AM

I won! I won!Iwon!Iwon! *does a little dance*falls and hurts his back..again*

I won! Yessirree. I didn't know Id won till Tim sent me a PM. My mail must have ate it. I have been checking it all day long LOL.

My wife has already called dibs on the first read. I might not should have told her I won and what it was about. Drat.

Thank you sir!

I hope you like it. I ended up drawing 3 copies today because I had a few extras and Daehawk came up as the third one. The first was someone that stumbled on my site and the second was a guy over on zombie squad forum.

I just got roasted in a review on Amazon but I'm pretty sure it was by someone who has it in for me. But no worries, I have my bullet proof vest on.  icon_lol edit: I should add that I did not, nor would I ever ask someone to alter a review based on what I want to hear.

I do appreciate honest feedback and I can't wait to hear what Punisher says when he finishes it.

edit again(sheesh): The kindle version will be out next week.

-Crusis
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:26:48 AM by Crusis » Logged

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on August 15, 2009, 04:19:28 AM

I do appreciate honest feedback and I can't wait to hear what Punisher says when he finishes it.
-Crusis

Should be finishing it somewhat soon..This is my bathroom book, so the reading goes slow sometimes... smile

I am leaning in the 3 or 4 star range so far, it's not a 5 and not a 1. For me, the bad editing is sticking out like a sore thumb and definately would hurt the score and reviews.... The editing makes it seem like a rushed book so far....
I am still enjoying it overall though..... I think I'm near the end of day 1 now...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »

My book arrived today! Thank you for personalizing it for me and the wife. She has first dibs on it. From reading the back of the cover I think the female serial killer character sounds interesting.

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

Glad your copy arrived safe and sound. I hope you and your wife like it. I have had some interesting emails from people about which characters they like the best. Be sure and let me know what you think of the book, I appreciate both positive and negative feedback.

-Crusis

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »

I keep waiting for the release of the Kindle version. Any date on that? I need to find me a new book to read since I finished one this morning.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »

What happened to that bad review of your book on Amazon? Its gone now.

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 01:08:27 AM »

My publisher had it yanked.

The Kindle version is still on the way. I thought it would be out last week but something came up and it got pushed back a little bit (that is all I know).

-Crusis

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2009, 02:23:20 AM »

Kindle update: I have the proof and I am giving it the once over before turning it in for publiscation. I hope to have it turned in next week. Library of the Living Dead Press has been very busy getting ready for Horror Realm next month and preparing the kindle versions of the new books got delayed.

In the meantime, if you are curious about my work, swing by my new serial novel Barriers Beyond at http://barriersbeyond.blogspot.com/ and check out the first five chapters.

This book was started as a Novella but when I hit 30K words I had a feeling it was far from over. Over the next week or so I will be posting the rest of the chapters that are done.

Here is a 10 second synopsis:

Erik Tragger headed to Walmart the day the world ended. He picked up camping gear, food and a shotgun. On his way out the door he shot a man in the chest. A man that was drooling blood. A man that was ... dead.

Erik hides in the mountains in a cabin for six months and then returns to a world where the dead have over run the earth. But the dead aren't the real problem. The strange, sentient undead are.

(lemme know if pimping my work is getting annoying)

-Crusis

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »

My wife got a good chuckle out of the Coach purse stuff. Sounded just like what she would make me do.  icon_lol

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »

There are parts of the whole 'Lester' story line that had me LOL'ing as I wrote it. He is by far my favorite character in the book.

I have a few more reviews up on Amazon now if any are interested.

-Crusis

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »

Well, i finished it..... I will say that overall I liked the story, other than the points I have made earlier, such as editing and timeline.....

I'd say that Kate is my favorite character....

Besides...

Spoiler for Hiden:
her being a female serial kiler, which is rare, I just picture her being badass....
like this...

If you need any "beta testers" for part 2, I might be interested.. smile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: