http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 08:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the hell would you take this stuff?  (Read 1281 times)
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2004, 04:52:51 AM »

I just saw a comerical on TV for some medication for what they call Adult ADD. You can take this medicine and it helps you stay focused. The thing is, common side effects are Dry mouth, Sexual side effects, problems urinating, constipation, stomach cramps, menstral cramps, and others that I don't remember.

WTF? How is this good? Be able to pay attention better, but you have a hard time pissing, shitting, having sex, your stomach hurts, if your a woman, worse menstral cramps, stomach cramps and other problems? Well wwooh fucking hooo. THat soulds like it sucks ass.
Punisher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 05:07:54 AM »

I actually wonder if all those side effects would distract you so much that you lose all benifits of the increased focus. smile

Also, not that I knwo anything about this specific product, but many products have listed many different side effects, but they only affect a small percentage of the population., also I would hope you wouldn't be unlucky enough to get ALL the side effects at once.... or what if you got all the side effects and a super increased sense of focus....allowing you to focus in on all the side effects you were having....
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 05:10:19 AM »

You seem to have an adequate grasp of punctuation and yet fail to comprehend proper use of apostrophes and capitalization.  Perhaps you feel a tinge of the ADD settling into your brain-vacuoles?  The all-mind commands you to submit to the go-pills.

SUBMIT!
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 05:16:31 AM »

Like Punisher said, the side effects don't affect everyone - usually just a very small %... for example, Propecia (the hair-loss-stopping pill) can cause decreased sex drive, but only in 1-2% of the men who use it.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 04:58:07 PM »

Why I absolutely hate drug ads on TV.

*some people dance around all happily and crap while 10 different 'this drug may cause this and this and this' are said in the background*

Just my side of things as I'm a pharmacy tech.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 05:11:22 PM »

Pharmaceutical ads on television should be stopped. We don't need people pestering their doctors about whether or not they need drugs that they saw on television. And so many of the ads are totally unspecific as to what they treat or what the drugs do that anyone might think that they need the damn things.

Cancel the damn ads and roll the savings down to customers in the form of lower prices. Win-win all around.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 05:27:30 PM »

Quote from: "Fireball1244"
Pharmaceutical ads on television should be stopped. We don't need people pestering their doctors about whether or not they need drugs that they saw on television. And so many of the ads are totally unspecific as to what they treat or what the drugs do that anyone might think that they need the damn things.

Cancel the damn ads and roll the savings down to customers in the form of lower prices. Win-win all around.

Right now I'm a little stunned that I agree with Kirk on this, but he's right. The most I get out of drug ads is that I need to ask my doctor about the red pill, because the blue one is bad for me. Or something like that. Either way, it's like they're trying to make a society of overly medicated sheep that will buy anything they're told to buy.

Time to cue up THX-1138.

I also agree with Tim that it's uproariously funny watching all these happy people running around singing and dancing in drug commercials while the voice over warns of the dangers of anal leakage. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 05:49:04 PM »

I particularly enjoy the ad where the woman runs around carefree and happy that she has genital herpes. "I'm spreading a terrible disease, but thanks to Hypoglaximatacore my life is still so much fun! Watch as I water ski!"

ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 06:43:02 PM »

I'd take a drug comercial over an Old Navy commercial anyday!
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 02:59:06 AM »

My favorite was a hair commercial from several years ago with the following jewels buried in the voice over:

"...sudden frequent bowel movements and the inability to control them..."
"...frequent gassy build-up with oily discharge..."

Yes, hair attracts the ladies, but with those as my choices, I'll take bald.  Can't remember the last time I heard a gal say, "I thought your gassy build-up was sexy, but that oily discharge makes me so HOT!"

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 03:31:33 AM »

You don't get out much anymore, do you?  :twisted:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: