http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 04:47:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is there no Lost thread?  (Read 1532 times)
TheGameAh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2005, 02:14:34 PM »

Hmm, is this spelling bad things for the show?  Usually we'd be close to page 2 by now.

To be honest I missed most of last night's episode.  The only thing I saw a bit of what looked like boring flashbacks.  I saw Michael running around.  I saw some feet of what I guess were the Others.  That's all.  Doesn't look like I missed much.
Ralph-Wiggum
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 02:17:27 PM »

Probably because nothing happened. I mean really, did anything of importance happen? The story didn't move forward at all (except you see the feet of "The Others". Big whoop).
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 02:25:05 PM »

for Jin & Sun fans like me, the episode was great.

Jin FTW :!:
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:36 PM »

Actually it's because I haven't had time to watch last week's episode or this week's episodes yet and as such I have nothing to say about the show. Sometime this weekend I hope to camp out (likely Sunday) and burn through them both and post then.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »

Spoilers?...

I think every episode of Lost is quality television, but last night's episode is definitely the "weakest" of the season so far. The plot progresses, of course, and we learn more back story, of course, but there weren't any major revelations ... except for the implications that arrise after seeing an apparently grown man or woman hauling around a very weathered teddy bear.

But no, definitely no "oh my godz" moments.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 02:47:09 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
We did get to see that Kate only has eyes for Sawyer though.  Which opens Jack up for Michelle Rodriquez when they finally hook up.  Which mean the two leaders of each group going head to head, disagreeing on everything, that have feelings for each other?  Sounds like marriage!

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 02:47:50 PM »

I loved the episode.  Personally I don't mind that there were no mind blowing revelations.  I liked the subtlty of the episode and I liked getting to know more of the backstory for Jin and Sun.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »

I also liked the episode.

Go Gunners...
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 06:02:50 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Sun and Jin stories, so I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Has anyone else noticed that one of that characters in F.E.A.R.' for the PC is named "Jin Sun-Kwon?"

-Autistic Angel
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 06:08:19 PM »

WBS,

You are going to love last week's episode, because it was about, who I believe, is one of your favorite characters.

I've finally caught up on LOST, watched two episodes two weeks ago, last week's over the weekend, and then I watched last night's episode tonight.  I'm curious as to what will happen.  I do like some parts of this season more than last year's, but I'm still wondering if it will be able to keep that sense of wonder for an extended period of time.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 06:22:32 PM »

I hope they continue to focus more on the non-main characters.  I find Jack, Kate, and Sawyer to be much less interesting than the other characters.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 06:59:14 PM »

*spoilers*

I liked some stuff about it: like how Jin, speaking virtually no English, is still one of the most interesting characters to watch.  How Jack's story about losing his ring was a totally pointless and stupid story to tell a woman in Sun's position...and we saw by her reaction that's exactly what she thought when he was finished.  I liked how that whole situation with Sun's potential fiance was handled, he was a nice rich guy not another rich jerk.  I liked how the three, Mike/Sawyer/Jin, are still the only people behaving realistically.  I'd prefer all characters did, but I'll take what I can get.

Lame stuff: Locke and his story about finding stuff.  I guess that was supposed to be 'deep', but 'you'll find it when you stop looking' is usually the second thing you tell someone who has lost something, after asking "have you looked in your pocket?".  That segment with Hurley and waiting for the dog to poop.  That COULD have been hilarious(see Up In Smoke), but they completely underplayed it, so that scene really served no purpose other than to pad the episode.

Worst of all, the other survivors.  First they need the three because they're going 'back where you came from'.  Okay, how the hell do any of them know where that is, much less which direction to go in?  How the hell do they even know if they are on the same island?

Then later, they lose their tracker, fisherman, plus Mike.  But they leave anyways, no good reason provided.  Why can't they just spell it out to the three "We would help you get Walt but won't because the others did ...."? Why all this super lame "you don't know what they are capable of" crap?  You're damn right I don't know, and I won't unless YOU FRICKIN' TELL ME!

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 09:42:17 PM »

I was a little surprised to see Kate get weepy about Sawyer.  I guess the bad chick has to be attracted to the dark, anti-hero guy.  The way it's going now, it looks like Kate is going to have to square off against Michelle Rodriguez for Sawyer.  I'm guessing a fight in the surf sporting tank tops?  

The big guy running around with Jin was cool.  He's like a rogue, hunter, and warrior all rolled into one dude.  

Didn't the teddy bear belong to the french lady's son?  If the others are badass killers, why do they have to prowl around everywhere like jungle-ninjas?  Couldn't they just stomp around all over the island wherever they pleased, wreaking havoc?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 09:58:45 PM »

For me, one of the believable parts of this show is Kate's attachment to Sawyer.  It would be totally unbelievable to me if she winds up with Jack.

About the others, supposedly they don't leave tracks either, and there's gobs of them trampling through the jungle(albeit following one set of footprints from what I saw).  Plus the rogue/hunter/warrior seems to have no trouble tracking them or detecting their approach AND concealing himself from them when he wants to.  And he's just another passenger on the plane.  So yeah, I'm kinda wondering why all the hubbub over 'the others' being so badass too.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 11:32:58 PM »

Alright, another 3 week break.  This is what ruined lost for me last year.  WAY TOO MANY INTERUPTIONS IN THE SEASON!  It's only the 4th or 5th episode and they already interupting it.  Does ABC have the World Series this year?  I'm trying to figure out why.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 01:37:45 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
Alright, another 3 week break.  This is what ruined lost for me last year.  WAY TOO MANY INTERUPTIONS IN THE SEASON!  It's only the 4th or 5th episode and they already interupting it.  Does ABC have the World Series this year?  I'm trying to figure out why.

They are running a rerun of the first episode of this season from what I can gather.

ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 01:50:26 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
For me, one of the believable parts of this show is Kate's attachment to Sawyer.  It would be totally unbelievable to me if she winds up with Jack.

Where is this Kate only cares about Sawyer stuff coming from???  She was upset but I didn't take it as anything definitive.  However, I also fell asleep for like 15 minutes because it was incredibley boring...
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 02:10:40 AM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
Where is this Kate only cares about Sawyer stuff coming from???  She was upset but I didn't take it as anything definitive.  However, I also fell asleep for like 15 minutes because it was incredibley boring...

Assuming the writers weren't deliberately trying to mislead us on this point(why would they?),  Kate was only searching the messages for the one from Sawyer, because she didn't get a chance to say goodbye.  So she has regret over the ways things ended between her and Sawyer.  Taken together, those two things tell me her feelings go deeper than mere concern over Sawyer's fate.  Knowing what you know about Kate, wouldn't you say these actions say alot about how she feels?

Contrast that with her word to Jack that she had his back.  Then she immediately plots with Locke to get in the hatch, opposing Jack's side in that.  It's clear where her heart is.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »

Hmm...is that what happened at the very end, she went searching for the bottle with the message?  Sorry...like I said, I got sleepy.

I think I may just not want to believe that.  I dunno.  Kate obviously has bad choice in men, I mean dating the hobbit in real life?!?!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 06:12:27 AM »

Quote from: "Graham"

They are running a rerun of the first episode of this season from what I can gather.

They already did that on the 2nd week.
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 02:00:19 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
Kate obviously has bad choice in men, I mean dating the hobbit in real life?!?!

what??? explain this comment.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 02:45:24 PM »

They're dating, apparently.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 05:02:47 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"

They already did that on the 2nd week.

Well, the description in my DVR wasn't as descriptive as it could have been, but that's the impression I got.  Who knows, maybe it will be the second episode.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 08:51:09 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
They're dating, apparently.

I'm all for skinny, short, witty, funny guys getting hot babes, but come on!!! Something just isn't right here.  

Oh nm, I figured it out.  Either it's the accent, or he has a gigantic...
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 09:10:27 PM »

...precious?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: