http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:04:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do companies do this?  (Read 617 times)
Rumpy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »

I just picked up a pair of Altec Lansing  VS2141's to replace my aging pair of ACS33's. Great sounding, though I'm a little disappointed in that they sound a little hollow.

Anyway, I usually send in the registration cards, and this one offers a 2 year Warranty for sending it in. But, and this is a big but, it's only valid for American citizens.  Now why do they do this when on the whole,while it's sold in North America. We're just as big customers, so I don't see why people who aren't in the US don't get the same type of support. It just seems a little unfair that customers who pay about twice as much for the same thing, in the end don't get the same type of support. Feels like we get shafted on an otherwise great product.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

Warranty laws differ from country to country (or state to state, for that matter).  It's more of a legal issue than a customer service one.

gellar
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:00:48 PM »

Also, it's possible someone else has sales rights in your country and they handle the warranty issue.  It's an incentive to get you to buy the local version rather than buy the US version.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »

But that doesn't make sense if I open up the package, which has the same documents and all that which has a registration card that tells me to send it in for a longer warranty, but only for US Citizens. It IS a local version. It's what's being sold by the stores. It's what the stores are given. I don't have a choice. I'm simply locked out from the offer.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:55:48 AM »

if you'd like we could invade your country and bring Democracy  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: