http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 05:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will die in 2005?  (Read 1670 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2005, 06:17:34 AM »

Feeling particularly morbid tonight so let's play "Predict which celebrities will die in 2005!"

Post your list in this thread.  In a year we'll see who has amazing psychic powers when it comes to famous people kicking the bucket.

My list:

Dick Clark - he's 75.  How much longer can this guy go on?  The sheer aftereffects of so much plastic surgery have to take this guy out sooner or later.  I predict this year.

Ed Asner - also 75.  Lou Grant - this is your year.  Say goodbye oh hairy-backed one.

Abe Vigoda is 80.  The guy even has a web page devoted to whether he is alive or not.  Check out http://www.abevigoda.com/.  As of this moment he's alive according to the site.  I don't give him too much longer.

Lauren Bacall is also 80.  She lived through marriage to Bogart until he died and married and divorced Jason Robards.  She's a great actress but it's time to go.

Joe Pesci is 61.  Have you seen him in a big movie lately?  Me neither.  This must be getting to him.  I give him 8 months (give or take a month or two).

There's my five.  Your turn.  Who will die in 2005 and why?
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 06:48:22 AM »

I have no comment other than, how hot is Lauren Bacall in that picture?  Cool
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:55:41 PM »

Never ask that to an olde person. :shock:

Ye Olde Farte
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 01:44:41 PM »

Billy Graham
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 02:12:19 PM »

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court...can't recall his name, and don't wanna google it. Tongue
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »

<Prince Charles>

My Mother, Godwilling!  She's going to bloody well outlive me and I'll never take the throne!

</Prince Charles>

Oh yeah, Dick Clark had a stroke and that's why he didn't do the New Year's party this time so I figure he might go this year too.  He may linger on forever though, you never know.

Jack Valenti -  just retired, he's going to die of boredom thank God.

Aaron Spelling - master of schlock TV! (unless he's already dead)

That guy from Chile - Pinochet?  They're putting him on trial and I figure he'll drop dead first.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 05:56:12 PM »

Can we select people for this list?  Cuz...uh....Martin Short and Hally Barry (sp?) would be at the top of my list.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 06:39:21 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 09:41:45 PM »

Any time the National Enquirer runs a story about a celebrity's "brave last weeks" book it that that celebrity will die soon.

As for my list:
Andy Griffith
Andy Rooney
Walter Cronkite
Bea Arthur

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 10:57:33 PM »

Quote from: "Grievous Angel"
Any time the National Enquirer runs a story about a celebrity's "brave last weeks" book it that that celebrity will die soon.

As for my list:
Andy Griffith
Bea Arthur

Might as well throw Don Knotts on there as well smile
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 03:00:51 AM »

OK, for the most part you are missing the point of the Annual Dead Pool pool.  Anyone can pick ancient or sick people.  (Gee, think The Pope is a dead lock?)  You gotta make it interesting by choosing people who shouldn't be at an age that they have one foot out the door already.  Warning's pick of Joe Pesci is a very good risky pick as an example.  Just under the 70+ age limit that should limit these things, and not really noted as being sick.  

So, let's see (not necessarily my picks)...
A 63 year old Nick Nolte is closing in on the age exemption, particularly given the shape he was revealed to be in a few years back.  Otherwise, the decades of abuse he's given his body would make him a prime candidate.  ( In another few years, Mickey Rourke would be another great pick here.  48 years old, but absolutely punished himself in the 80's.  However, Iggy Pop can still be draggin' along after all these years, so who knows.)

Michael J Fox.  Sorry guys, but the over under on him making 50 is virtually nil.  I will pick this year to start The Watch.  Sad but true.

Tara Reid.  Oops, that's her career .  (Yeah, so it's a Lettermen joke.  So sue me.)

Lara Flynn Boyle.  So Obvious, I shouldn't be allowed to post it.  (AKA "The Intervention Came Too Late")

Johnny Tapia.  Let's face it, "La Vida Loca" has been pronounced dead before .  The fact that this guy is still around is nothing short of a freaking miracle.  What is it, SEVEN overdoses?...and still boxing.  This guy IS NOT MAKING 40.  No. Way.  (For those of you who don't know, he's the former 5-time champion, most recently holding one of the featherweight belts.  He's 37 years old, and every additional year he gets is another year of cheating Death.)

Best, #1 Pick: Jason Giambi.  Let see, massive weight loss, completely unresolvable health problems, test for tumors.  But enough about the last year of life for Lyle Alzado...

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 03:27:23 AM »

I'm no good at predictions, but I think Harrison Ford may have a plane accident, and Jar Jar binks will step in as Indiana Jones for the final one.

Big Jake, I just saw your sig, and I've got one question:

"At Least Doom3 was playable right out of the box."

But why would you *want* to? I'm just teasin... Black is my favorite colour too. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 01:42:01 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

As for my list:
Andy Griffith
Bea Arthur

Bea Arthur was on the Golden Girls and Maude....she never lived in Mayberry. I'm going with one of the cast members from Friends...either Phoebe or Chandler...unfortunately it won't be Joey.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 04:46:05 PM »

Quote from: "Tim Maynard"
Quote from: "Laner"

As for my list:
Andy Griffith
Bea Arthur

Bea Arthur was on the Golden Girls and Maude....she never lived in Mayberry. I'm going with one of the cast members from Friends...either Phoebe or Chandler...unfortunately it won't be Joey.

Doi.  I'm getting my Bea's mixed up smile
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 05:05:56 PM »

Posting for no other reason than to say, Lauren Bacall was so hot in this picture from the National Press Club with President Truman

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 01:48:48 AM »

Hey purge, somehow, I was able to turn my flashlight on.  Musta been a fluke in my game that allowed that. :lol:

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 04:01:12 AM »

Robbins and Sarandon!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: