http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 03:47:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is feeling Jolly?  (Read 962 times)
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:42:25 AM »

December 17, 2004
Checking account ballance = $515
Estimated cost of PC components for small upgrade = $150
Christmas gifts for family = 0

December 23, 2004
Checking account ballance = $65
Estimated cost of PC components for small upgrade = $150 (In other words, didn't get it)
Christmas gifts for family = 25 (1 per person)

Normally I'd feel less grumpy, but today Christmas can kiss my sweet red fuzzy butt

Done posting
Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 03:10:23 AM »

Estimated dollar amount of reimbursements due to Christmas gifts to you?  ninja

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 03:45:59 AM »

That's the cute part.

Since I'm married, the gifts I get are usually for the both of us -- I mean are for her.  Usually we haul in about 6 boxes of nonreturnables, like chocolates, and we couldn't possibly return the knick knacks for which we have no more room.  It would insult everyone else if we don't keep them.

Nope, It's better that I put my wantlist off, I pay for the gifts WE give, and SHE recieves the gifts for us.

At least if I don't want to sleep on the couch, it is better.  

Most months she covers the utility bills, and I cover the food, morgtage, car and home insurance, my folks' health bills, and apparently the gifts...so that all evens out somewhere, right?

Right?

Happy Holidays.

Done posting
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 03:57:32 AM »

I just unloaded a whole ton of money on gifts for my girlfriend.  I haven't even totaled it, and I don't want to.  I actually like finding gifts for her, and money isn't really and object.  However, we've both been stressed with work lately, she's had a rough semester at school, we've both been on really short fuses, and she doesn't like getting presents.  She likes them once she's over the actual getting, but she doesn't like the getting.  

Just one more day of pre-xmas fun, then a day off (yay!), and then a week or so of even better post-xmas festivities at work (many happy returns), and then we get to move into a new house!

At least at the end of January, I get my xmas present to myself:  Merry Xmas!

the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 04:06:59 AM »

I know that's the right way to approach it Chaz, and giving the wife a gift is a joy, don't get me wrong.  Heck, On our list of 25 there are less than 30% of people who I find to be Bozos and don't mind giving them gifts.

However, reason is giving way to homicidal jealousy and I'm finding it hard to wish you well slywink  I can't afford gum next month, let alone some cheapo PC parts, and you're telling me about the $1K you're going to drop on yourself come January? slywink

Thanks.. I feel uhm... great now?

Done posting
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 11:09:05 AM »

Oh, that TV is being bought early, put on a credit card or financed, and paid for by the bonus I'll be getting in April.  As of right now, I'm sitting much closer to the "broke" end of the financial spectrum.

the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 04:18:50 PM »

I suspected that was the situation Chaz.

You saw my list up above there, though, and there is no way I'm adding credit debt of any sort beyond my mortgage to that pile.  I know that's not the way folks do things these days, but it's how I have to do it. If you don't have it you can't spend it.

Done posting
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 11:04:57 PM »

That's how I usually do it.  Heck, this year I finally went with only debit card for xmas gifts, rather than my usual credit card bill route.  However, I've made the pick on the TV, and I'm just too impatient to get it in my living room.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: