http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:11:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you live and do you like it? If you could live...  (Read 1881 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2005, 06:20:19 AM »

anywhere, where would you? I`m just curious, I posted awhile back about what people would like to do for a living etc., well this is similar(obviously). We both want to move outta here at some point, sooner than later. I`m really open to ANY suggestions. I like cold and warm places. I do like warm better than cold, but to be honest I hate both extremes...really hot and really cold. BUT, I`d really move anywhere if I really liked it. Any ideas?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 06:23:04 AM »

I want to live in Southern California. Orange Countyish. I absolutely love it there. Need to find a decent job though, and so far I haven't, so I remain in dreary, miserable Maryland.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:14:45 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
I want to live in Southern California. Orange Countyish. I absolutely love it there. Need to find a decent job though, and so far I haven't, so I remain in dreary, miserable Maryland.

Marylands not treating you real good :cry: . I hear ya I`m in ohio, near cleveland. ick. It`s really not THAT bad, it has nice parks etc. but, it`s far from "fun" to live in, as far as I`m concerned. :wink: I also do like California...that is until i turn on the news and see all that forest fire crap :shock: . I won`t live in a place with that stuff going on, that`s for sure.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 08:45:51 AM »

I live in So Cal, those fires might as well be on the Moon for all that it affects me(my brother is pretty close to it though).  So Cal is a big place.  I like it here, wouldn't want to move.

Although I do realize that just like NO eventually got hit by a hurricane big enough to do some damage, someday this area WILL be hit with an earthquake of mammoth proportions.  Then we will find out who REALLY likes living here.   :lol:
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:49:23 AM »

I live in Washington state.  Used to live on the Washington/Oregon border, but go to school in eastern Washington.  Don't think about moving out here, it's dry, and quite ugly, to be honest.  The area where I grew up, about 20 miles away from Portland, is really, really great.

The dream area in which I want to live is the Oregon coast and I plan on finding a job/moving there as soon as college is over (December).  OREGON COAST!

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »

Same as TML - Washingtonian all the way.  And I love it here!  Though, I prefer the western part of the state opposed to the eastern.  I really like drizzly, rainy, overcast days too, so it fits with me pretty well.

As far as places I would like to live in the future, I would consider a lot of places.  I like Colorado and think that would be a nice place to live.  Perhaps California as well?  Though, I would want to live in the northern part.  Minnesota might be an option too, though, wouldn't like the winters there a whole lot.  Basically anything WEST of the Mississippi River.

I've also really liked Canada when I've visited.  But that's not really an option really.  Though, Calgary, Alberta and Vancouver, B.C. are two of the nicest places I've ever visited.

Though, if I had to narrow it down to just one answer, I would think you would like Washington State.  We don't have to worry about hurricanes.  We don't really ever have any "natural disasters" (though, maybe an earthquake once every several years) to worry about.  It can get quite hot during the summer (you could expect some days right around 100 degrees but not ever warmer) and our winters are usually just CLOSE to freezing with an occasional dust of snow.  When Fall and Spring roll around it gets quite beautiful here with all of the green around.

Washington state rocks.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 10:10:15 AM »

I really do live in Hogeye Arkansas.(it's in the northwest part of the state) It's not bad here but the allergies are getting to us,as is the population creep.
I'd love to live in the Pacific northwest but it's too expensive and too crowded too from the looks of it.We've being eyeing Juneau Alaska tho. As it's on the ocean and further south than the rest of the state the weather would be more mild there.As we're really really old (over 50) we don't really care about the nightlife.
Also we'd put as lot of distance between us and her kids.  :?

Ye Olde Farte
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »

I live in Central Texas.  It isn't bad, but I'd prefer Austin or Dallas for Texas areas.  I'd also like to live in LA, the San Fran bay area, Seattle, New Orleans (yes, I'm serious), or New York City
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 01:21:39 PM »

Dallas, no I don't. Colorado.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 01:22:48 PM »

London

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 01:45:10 PM »

Charlotte and it's ok.  Lots of parks, trees and lakes but nothing "fun".  Everything fun is 2-4 hours away which is a nice weekend trip but sucks day to day.  I'd prefer moving back to the mountains (either NC or VA) to the Asheville, NC or Blacksburg, VA area.
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 01:55:20 PM »

Chicago, I love it.  My only beef is with the weather: I seem to be a hot weather person.  If it were 90 degrees every day, I would be fine with that.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 02:04:25 PM »

I live in NY and to be honest, dont want to live no where else. More to do here, than ANYWHERE in the world. Have so much convienance would find anywhere else in the world boring.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 02:09:09 PM »

Boston, and it sucks.

Vegas or Maui.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 02:22:21 PM »

Dallas, and the more I've traveled the more I've come to like the "big city vibe" of places like San Fran., Chicago and LA. Dallas is too expansive, literally spread out over miles, that despite recent attempts to turn downtown into more of a trendy environment, I still don't like it. That and my sinuses are killing me constantly here, but when I go anywhere else they clear right up. FH loves the city vibes that you get in places like Chicago that I have to agree is no where near here. It's a good place to hang your hat, but I'd be very happy living elsewhere. smile UB - if you want 90+ degrees all the time, this is your town.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »

Nobody here should complain about where they live.

Try living in Central New Jersey!

Absolutely miserable, miserable, miserable! :cry:

Where would I like to live?  Maine.  I like cold.  I like snow.  I like loneliness.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 02:49:32 PM »

Boston area and I wouldn't leave for anything.

OK until when I buy a house next spring, then I'll probably be halfway to Springfield, MA.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 04:57:02 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
Charlotte and it's ok.  Lots of parks, trees and lakes but nothing "fun".  Everything fun is 2-4 hours away which is a nice weekend trip but sucks day to day.  I'd prefer moving back to the mountains (either NC or VA) to the Asheville, NC or Blacksburg, VA area.

I went to school at Virginia Tech and just loved Blacksburg.  I'd love to go back to grad school as a full time student someday but that's just a pipe dream smile

As for me- I live in Chesapeake VA.  Grew up here and love it so much that I fought for nine months to get back here when the Navy temporarily stationed me in beautiful San Diego.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 06:26:02 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "ericb"

I went to school at Virginia Tech and just loved Blacksburg.  I'd love to go back to grad school as a full time student someday but that's just a pipe dream smile

As for me- I live in Chesapeake VA.  Grew up here and love it so much that I fought for nine months to get back here when the Navy temporarily stationed me in beautiful San Diego.

God, I hate Blacksburg each and every time I go. Miserable town. Of course, I'm guessing you would feel the same way about Charlottesville  :wink:
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 07:36:14 PM »

God, I hate Blacksburg each and every time I go. Miserable town. Of course, I'm guessing you would feel the same way about Charlottesville  :wink:

Nope- like Charlotttesville quite a bit.  That school there is okay too :wink:

Never found Blacksburg miserable at all but that's coming from the perspective of someone who lived there for five years.  No idea what its like to visit.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 07:40:13 PM »

I live in Paradise on Earth--aka Tucson, AZ. Beautiful city with breathtaking vistas no matter where you look.

I know there's a number of people on this board who live to the north of here in Phoenix. I feel sorry for those folks.  Cool
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

Born and raised in Washington State...the western side. The eastern side we would gladly give to Idaho smile

I currently live in Monterey California, because of a job, and as beautiful as it is we really don't like it. It's soulless...the people tend to be all about appearance and just seem to lack any kind of personality. Doesn't help that they consider $600,000 houses to be for the middle class.

We have put into motion a plan to get the hell out of this area and move back to the Northwest. Probably not back to the Seattle area...more like central Oregon.

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 03:36:20 AM »

Quote from: "RobbieD"
Born and raised in Washington State...the western side. The eastern side we would gladly give to Idaho smile

Ha!  The funny thing is that was what the first settlers asked for - they wanted what is now western Washington state to be a state; nobody knows why but when congress created the territory they added the eastern part to it as well.

I'm also in western Washington.  If you can deal with grey skies a lot (the rain isn't as bad as you hear - Seattle's annual precipitation is the same as Boston's, it's just all rain and hardly any snow) it's a great place to live.  It's easy to get out of the urban sprawl quickly if you need a break from it and it's never too hot or too cold here.

I grew up in Montana, though, so I do sometimes miss the winters and the slower pace of life.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 03:52:24 AM »

I live in Central Canada, but I dont like it here that much, if I could live anywhere in the world, I'd move 1 or 2 provinces over from where I live, so I could be around the Mountains and lakes and forest year round.

I can smell the clean air as I speak of this, yummy.

Anyways, yeah Canada is the best place to live in my opinion.

It gets really nice here in the summer and really cold here in the winter, well in the part I live anyways, if I moved to where I want to move, it doesnt get as cold.

And people that are affraid of Canada because of the cold are chickens biggrin

You gotta live in Canada for at least a year and travel everywhere, well it would be hard to do that in a year since the country is so massive, I mean you could fit the entire United Kingdom into one province.

But everyone stay out of Canada, I want it to be like my little secret.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 08:21:32 AM »

Live near SLC Utah.  I like it a lot here; I love the outdoors and there's so much to do within a couple hours drive.  The states landscape has so much diversity.  Half a dozen ski resorts within half an hours drive, breathtaking (literally smile ) mountains, a few hours south of here are some great national parks in the desert.  If I didn't care for the outdoors I don't think I'd like it here, as the local culture is stifling.  It affects nightlife, job advancement, friendships, etc.  I could go on and on about that part, which I don't like.  We are growing fast and so are having growing pains; ie exploding classroom populations, very bad traffic problems, etc.  It's getting to crowded for me.  But going on a hike makes that melt away for me.  I'm starting to want to check out Montana as a place to live.

I lived in Portland OR for a few years, and liked it there quite a bit also.  The only thing I didn't like about it there were the rainy months, other than that I'd like to go back.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 09:30:06 AM »

I've lived in SoCal about ten years now and I'm thinking you will love it, especially if it's down in Orange County.  After growing up in Minnesota, I don't think I could ever move back there.   The earthquake clock is ticking, but I try not to think about it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 08:56:30 PM »

Another born and raised in western WA here.  I love it here, I love the summers, the winters are a little too gray for my taste, but the summers and spring time make up for that.  I wish it would get just a little colder in the  winter.  Now, if I could live anywhere.... Denver looks nice, Northern California is beautiful, maybe Las Vegas.  With my degree, the opportunities in Vegas would be pretty much endless for me.  I dont think I would want to live there for long, maybe a year or so.  I really want to live downtown somewhere.  Maybe downtown Portland, OR.  I want to experience living smack dab in the middle of a city.

Blonco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 01:36:19 AM »

I'm here in San Antonio TX.  Love it here so far. Its green, has trees, and the people are pretty damn friendly.   Its a big city with a small town atmosphere.  Came from Albuquerque NM and hated every minute there.  I didnt like the desert and the crappy traffic.  Tucson reminds me alot of Albuquerque.  If I could be anywhere, it would be San Diego.

You're going to hell with gasoline pants on!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 05:35:31 AM »

Interesting reads indeed. Does anyone here live in Vermont or Maine? That`s where it`s at! :wink:
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 02:04:19 PM »

Quote from: "Blonco"
I'm here in San Antonio TX.  Love it here so far. Its green, has trees, and the people are pretty damn friendly.   Its a big city with a small town atmosphere.

I can see the "big city/small town" thing.  It's a fun place to visit.  But I feel like I'd need to learn Spanish to get the full experience down there.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 04:18:39 AM »

Interesting reads indeed. Does anyone here live in Vermont or Maine? That`s where it`s at!

No, but I was in Stamford, VT for half of yesterday, lol. A family birthday thing!

I live in Western Massachusetts, in a college town, and I love it.  It's somewhat rural, but with a huge university in the middle of it, with all the arts, entertainment, restaurants, etc. that large universities tend to attract.  It's a bit like living in NYC, but the sidewalks roll up sooner, the selection is smaller, and you're always 10 minutes from cows.  But you still get theater, museums, shows, etc.  Really, the best of both worlds...

Now, if it were warmer, or at least if the bitter weather part was shorter, and with a little less snow... I'd be in heaven.  I'm thinking I could change places with Calvin - Maryland, or a bit further south, would be more amenable to my old bones.  But in the spring, summer, and fall - Amherst, Massachusetts is a wonderful place to be!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 03:18:03 AM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
I hear ya I`m in ohio, near cleveland. ick. It`s really not THAT bad, it has nice parks etc. but, it`s far from "fun" to live in, as far as I`m concerned.

Hey Harp, where are you exactly?  I grew up in Wickliffe, over near Euclid.  When I moved to CT 20 years ago I was shell shocked.  People here actually have goals in life!  I thought watching NASCAR *was* a worthy goal before coming to this awesome, if somewhat snobby, state.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 04:34:56 AM »

Quote from: "lokiju"
Quote from: "Harpua3"
I hear ya I`m in ohio, near cleveland. ick. It`s really not THAT bad, it has nice parks etc. but, it`s far from "fun" to live in, as far as I`m concerned.

Hey Harp, where are you exactly?  I grew up in Wickliffe, over near Euclid.  When I moved to CT 20 years ago I was shell shocked.  People here actually have goals in life!  I thought watching NASCAR *was* a worthy goal before coming to this awesome, if somewhat snobby, state.

LOL, I grew up in the Hell known as South Useless-er, Euclid, right near Limpwrist, um, I mean Lyndhurst.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 12:18:02 AM »

I'd like to live on Earth. Vulcan is getting rather crowded.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 01:33:35 AM »

Quote from: "PaulBot"
I'd like to live on Earth. Vulcan is getting rather crowded.

Maybe if you pointy-eared freaks stoppped Pon Far-ing so damn much...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: