http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 05:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you buy your stock from?  (Read 595 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »

As in, which site? TD Ameritrade? E*Trade? Zecco?

New to investing but am looking at opening up an account at one of the countless brokerage sites, preferably with no minimum balance(s) or maintenance fees.

I'd like to buy 100 or so shares of Sprint while they are low, and simply let them sit. I may or may not buy other stock along the way, but if I don't, I don't want to be charged 'inactivity' fees.

Any suggestions on a brokerage account?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:22 PM »

I'm a fan of Vanguard. The funds have minimal costs, and trading fees got lowered so they're competitive with TD, E-trade, etc. I think it does have a $20/year fee if you're below a certain amount.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »

I used ETrade to do basically the same thing with Apple stock, really just for fun because I didn't actually have much money to invest.  I think Etrade is a little more expensive, but it was really easy to set everything up.  Plus they have those cute baby commercials lol.
thatick
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:02:44 AM »

OptionsHouse,  I trade options at least once a day, but their stock prices are great, especially for small time traders
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »

I use USAA, who seem to be decent if they are an option for you. $8.95 trade, and of course their mutual funds are free.

Curious as to why Sprint, are you expecting them to pop? Seems a bit very risky.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:46:29 AM by Lee » Logged
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 01:02:29 AM »

Thanks for the tips.

I opened an account with OptionsHouse seems to have the best price for stocks and no maintenance fees.

Sprint seems like a good buy now because they are still trading at $2.50 and now that they have the iPhone and LTE plans, things can only get better for them. I just picked up 100 shares @ $2.50.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 04:17:01 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 02, 2012, 01:02:29 AM

Thanks for the tips.

I opened an account with OptionsHouse seems to have the best price for stocks and no maintenance fees.

Sprint seems like a good buy now because they are still trading at $2.50 and now that they have the iPhone and LTE plans, things can only get better for them. I just picked up 100 shares @ $2.50.

Good luck, hope they turn around for you. I am still $700 down on my most risky investment so I am pretty gun shy at this point. I suck at this game. :-)
thatick
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 05:50:40 AM »

let me know if you have any questions about optionshouse.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »

Looks like you made a very wise choice corruptrelic. I should have listened to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: