http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 10:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the hell is Fat Momma still doing on Super Hero?  (Read 891 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2006, 01:29:05 AM »

Been watching Who wants to be a super hero on SciFi a little on and off (personally I was hoping for either Feedback or Creature - only because she's hot though) and I'm simply shocked to see Fat Momma as one of the final two contestants.
She's going around eating donuts for crying out loud! Do we really want young girls wanting to be the next "Fat Momma" instead of looking ultra hot like Creature?

Iron Enforcer (now Dark Enforcer) said it pretty well when he was being kicked off saying something like "Fat Woman, you think that's a super hero?!"
I mean there's nothing wrong with being a little over weight, but this woman is just nasty! She seems like a nice person and all so don't get me wrong I'm not bashing her or anything.. but come on, the next super hero?

Maybe stiffler has some inside feedback as to how one of his BBW's made it to the final around, let alone the show itself?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:57:51 AM »

Who wants to be a super hero?  I've never heard of this show but I am intrigued by the title.  I don't like reality shows, but this one sounds like something worth checking out.  And not because of the filthy lies mentioned above.  *shakes fist*

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:16:01 AM »

I was in shock when Major Victory got eliminated from the show.  There was no doubt in my mind that guy was going to win: he looked the part, he was genuinely charismatic, and he was very, very funny.  Considering that the main prize is a Sci-Fi Original Movie about their character, my main hope was that Major Victory was going to be allowed to co-write the script.

Instead, he got booted because, as Stan Lee put it, he was almost more of a parody of a superhero.  Pardon?  This may come as a shock to Mr. Lee, but people who sit at home alone on Saturday nights watching the Sci-Fi Channel aren't looking for high cinema.

...or so I've been told.  I, of course, have no idea what it would be like to watch the Sci-Fi Channel alone on a Saturday night....

-Autistic Angel
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »

For the uninitiated:

Clockwise from bottom left: Monkey Woman, Fat Momma, Lemuria, Cellphone Girl, and Creature.

-Autistic Angel
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 11:22:37 AM »

I was sorta kinda following this up until Lemuria got booted. Then I was thinking that Major Victory, while fun to watch, didn't make up for Fat Momma being the only female left on the show. My personal pick would have been Lemuria for super hottie.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:56:19 PM »

When I found out Major Victory was gone and FatMama was still there I just stopped watching.  Fatness aside, she grated on my nerves and I just couldn't watch it anymore.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 02:31:35 PM »

The final challenge should be a foot race up the stairs to the top of a 30 story building  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »

Despite all reason, the wife and I've been watching this show from the premiere.  It cracks us up.  Particularly Major Victory, who we were very sad to see go.  While he is more of a superhero parody he's easily the most entertaining of the bunch.  Damn shame to have him gone.

As for all of you folks bitching about Fat Momma, STFU.  Sure, she's no hottie (sorry, Stiffler) but her theme and message are more heroic than any of the other contestants.  Even if her rap song has a line of mixed message ("I'll take your food away!").

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 04:55:17 PM »

Yeah, Fat Momma stayed on the show by the virtue of her message to the grade school kids.  She struck a nerve with them and probably every comic-book geek out there.  Feedback was just an idiot - I think they just keep him on the show because they don't want to have to pay his estate when they kick him off and he commits suicide.  And Stan was right - Major Dumbass was a parody.  He was dang funny, though.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 05:31:29 PM »

Fat Momma has the superhero message...yes!  Remember, Stan is ALWAYS talking about the heart of a superhero....no doubt she has one.

BUT, I totally predict Feedback will win...man if anyone should at this point, it is him.  Christ, he feels like Stan is the father he never knew and that REALLY has an effect on Stan.

I have to admit, this show has so much more heart to it than I thought it would--these people really wanted to be superheros.  I am surprised how much I like the show.

I liked Major Victory-- but he was too much of a goof...that is until the phone call with his daughter...that  definitely choked me up.

My initial pick was Monkey Woman....after watching that unbeliveable guard do test...OMG-- she went almost 10 minutes--that was truly one of the most amazing acts of fortitude I have ever seen....if you missed it, each hero had to run thru 2 guard dogs and ring a doorbell.  Many lasted only seconds before being taken down by the dogs or just yelled HELP!  MW was determined not to give up...for every 2 steps she took forward, the dogs dragged her back 3.... it was amazing but she made it after like I said almost 10 minutes of sheer guts...then she lied to Stan and got booted.

Creature... woot hawt...

I wonder if all of the finalist will make an appearance in the movie?  That would be cool.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker
As for all of you folks bitching about Fat Momma, STFU.  Sure, she's no hottie (sorry, Stiffler) but her theme and message are more heroic than any of the other contestants.  Even if her rap song has a line of mixed message ("I'll take your food away!").

According to Fat Momma's own website, her kyptonite is diet food which causes her to shrink away into nothingness.  The only cure to eat one of her fatty, sugar-laden doughnuts to regain her powers.

Quote from: Fat Momma's website
Weakness -- Diet Soda or Diet Food

• When digested, Diet Soda or Diet Food causes Fat Momma to shrink.
  • Fat Momma can still function at this reduced size, however, she must eat one of her doughnuts, or she will continue to shrink.
  • If the shrinking goes unchecked, Fat Momma will disappear altogether. [Note: the smallest she has ever shrunk to is 5 inches.]

Additionally, some of her powers are only available after Fat Momma has gorged herself by overeating.

Quote from: Fat Momma's website also
Powers -- "The Super-Burp"

• Temporarily deafens enemies.
  • Only available when Fat Momma has eaten too much.

How can Fat Momma preach about putting away the junk food when she *relies* on it to power her bully-stomping abilities?  Perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree, but "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" doesn't seem like such a great or heroic message to me.

-Autistic Angel
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »

Cannot beleive Major Victory got booted.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »

If they do another season of this, I really, really have to catch the application in time to send in my own superhero idea...

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 12:41:43 PM »

Who Wants to be a Super Hero coudn't have ended any better than it did, IMO.

I got a sour taste of Fat Momma when she turned on Feedback and said he needed to go (instead of showing self sacrifice like everyone else did) and then got the nice "You can kiss my natural brown ass" from Lemuria at the end!

Right on the money Walter, Feedback brought up the father issue again with his one on one time with Stan. I think that had a real effect on him.
And I think Feedback was being genuine too, as his story was believable and his eyes swelled up with tears when he was talking.

When Feedback won at the end and Fat Momma said "I coudn't be any happier right now, even if I was the one who won" as she stood by his side with friends and family, I really got a whole new respect for her. (Although I woudn't go as far as Stiffler would and take her home for the night!)

Excellent show for anyone who may have missed it.. the dvd box set should be coming soon. Check out scifi.com.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: