http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What, no 24 thread?  (Read 1320 times)
Graham
Managing Editor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2005, 08:04:19 PM »

Hasn't anyone been watching 24 here?  So far I have been enjoying it, but there have been a few items that have been a bit unbelievable.  Much better than last season though.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 08:21:31 PM »

I'm liking it more than Alias.  Some thoughts:

I'm glad they got rid of Chloe.

I think they writers do not know any real black women.  Everyone on the show is either lame or a devious, scheming bitch.  That gets old.

I miss the characters from last year: esp Tony and Michelle.

Jack's girlfriend is hot.

Jack still can kick a metric ton of ass.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 08:29:11 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
I'm liking it more than Alias.

Jack still can kick a metric ton of ass.

And unfortunately we can no longer have the Jack (Bauer) vs. Jack (Bristow) fights about who would do more to save their daughters.  Kim is gone this year, so Jack (Bauer) can no longer take on Jack (Bristow) in that titanic battle slywink

Xbox Live: AgtFox
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 08:31:21 PM »

Not much 24 talk on this board, that's why I didn't post about it.

I miss Chloe.

I liked Kate better, but this actress playing Audrey has way more range and I think fits into the show better.

That first 12 minutes blows anything else I've seen or heard about on tv this year out of the water.

The 'mole in CTU' thing is old,  I seriously doubt they can make something worthwhile out of this development, but I have my fingers crossed.

That Behrooz kid going off with a shovel was an eye opener.  I can hardly wait to see him confront his dad.

Speaking of dads, Sec of Defense is a real loving father, isn't he?  Maybe they should threaten to cut his son's hair, I bet then he'd talk.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 08:43:57 PM »

That was the best episode in a long time. The first 15 minutes alone were outstanding. Jack Bauer kicks so much ass, he should have run for president. Terrorists around the world should run away screaming from his name alone.

Yes, it does seem like the writers have some thing about black women on the show. After 3 seasons of moles and infiltrators, you would think that CTU would step up their security and background screening.

William Devane is an awesome Secretary of Defense. Too bad the real life SoD can't kick butt like him.

Jack's girlfriend's estranged husband is the biggest wuss. It's the return of Mr. Bean! He might as well just go back to England because there is no way he can even compete with a terrorist killin', master interrogator, big balled hero like Jack.

Rumor has is that two major characters from the past seasons will be making a return, so folks who long for some of the familiar faces of old will be happy.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 09:07:56 PM »

QUESTION: when the SEC DEF authorizes the CIA to torture is son, what the heck were they using on him?

Some kind of headphone and virtual reality goggle? and he was crying like a bitch.

Where are the rubber hoses and dog collars?

Just give up the info hippe?

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »

It was shown in more detail in an earlier episode. It's some sort of sensory depravation technique. They turn out the lights, put a blindfold over his eyes and put on some headphones that emit a constant high pitched tone.  He's strapped to the chair and left there in the room for however long they need.

Personally, I think Jack's methods of interrogation are more effective. Shoot some part of his anatomy and he'll talk.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 03:17:25 AM »

So far I'm liking this season a lot...I've watched the show since it's first episode.  The only thing I am apprehensive about is how much they will rely on "side stories" this year.  They've already had a couple:  Driscoll's schizophrenic daughter (who luckily hasn't shown up again...yet) and the whole Paul subplot (as said before, the guy just can't hold a candle to Jack...if they were similar people I could take this as a valid subplot).  Granted, there is no Kim to put in idiotic situations, but let's keep the subplots that don't affect Jack directly to a minimum this year.

I was also hoping Behrooz would escape from Tariq.  When put in that type of situation, many people probably would have kept pounding him with the shovel.  His life is at stake, have to do anything you can to stop that from happening.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 04:09:53 AM »

The shovel beating was intense.  The beating was brutal, and I was surprised he wasn't knocked out in the first swing.  I was also surprised he didn't grab the gun that the other guy had.

I know that Jack is the hero, and he took on the terrorists by surprise, but I just had a hard time believing he could take out all those guys there at one time.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 04:39:57 AM »

Quote from: "Graham"
I know that Jack is the hero, and he took on the terrorists by surprise, but I just had a hard time believing he could take out all those guys there at one time.

But...he's a highly trained former Special Ops machine...he can do anything!  He's like Sam Fischer on television slywink

ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 07:30:45 PM »

This is the first season I have watched and I have been very impressed.  Jack is an ultimate bad ass, him flying through the terrorist bunker thing with his silent pistol was awesome.  The whole scene was awesome.

I miss Chloe too.  Granted she is annoying I think that she adds something to the CTU scenes.  No one else in CTU is actually likable.

Whats the deal with Talk Soap lady?  Legit mole or is she just furthering her career with another branch of the government??
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 09:56:26 PM »

I am really liking this season as well.

24 is the greatest TV show ever made.

It pains me to say it, but I agree Alias is meh this season.  The first episode was awful.  I didn't even see it last week.  

Sloan being in charge of the black-ops org. ruined the whole thing for me.  There is no way in hell any government on this planet would allow someone who did as much harm as sloane to be in charge of something like that.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 04:11:49 AM »

Can anyone find a picture of Chloe in CTU gear?  My friend is looking for one and I tried myself and it proved to be a bit annoying...?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 07:40:06 PM »

Heya Eco-logic. I sure see you all around, don`t I?smile
 So far 24 is just as good this year as any year before it. I`ve watched since day one and it still rocks! Sure there`s some silly stuff going on, filler if you will. And how many moles can ctu have, and they haven`t learned any ways to avoid this by now!
 But at the end of the day, it`s very entertaining to me and truly the only show I`ve looked forward to watching over the years. Good stuff indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: