http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:58:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What music streaming service do you use?  (Read 605 times)
Carpet_pissr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 05:13:32 AM »

No, they don't change the original files, but a cool feature is if you rip a CD that has a scratch on it, that for example won't play a certain song (or two), at least Amazon will "see" that you ripped a CD, and replace the track for you (in their Cloud), which in theory you could easily download again back to your computer.

Also, if your eMusic files are low quality, either service will "upgrade" the sound quality (for matched songs only of course) to either 256 (Amazon) or 320 (Google) IIRC.  I like that a lot, because I bought a TON of albums in WMA format back in the day, and have never wanted to convert them due to the craptacular results of converting a file from one format to another (lossy at least).  Now I have used an open source prog that batch converted all the WMA files to MP3, then I let Amazon scan the folder, and it matched all of them (and of course now I have higher quality versions of those songs that were previously not even compatible)!  So Amazon at least in my situation, has solved several situations that had me stumped for years.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:17:40 AM by Carpet_pissr » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: