http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favourite X-File Episode?  (Read 1290 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

I am currently re-watching all my X-File DVDs

and i love the X-files,some episodes are a little corny,while others are quite brilliant

Squeeze and its 'sequel' Tooms from season 1,where Victor Tooms can squeeze into the smallest of spaces and enter his victims homes to extract their liver

how about Triangle from Season 6,where Mulder finds a lost cruise liner in the Bermuda Triangle and gets caught up on the ship in the 1940s with all the people he knows playing out certain roles?

I have also noticed a few of the episodes,are influenced by movies....take Ice again from season 1,where Mulder and Scully are trapped in a Artic Research base with 4 others(and a dog),and one of them have contracted a 'worm' that makes them paranoid and violent ...which was very much like John Carpenter's The Thing

one my favourites is called Død Kalm,where Mulder and Scully are stuck on another Ship in the Norwegian sea,and they find they are prematurely ageing at an incredible rate and age decades within a few hours

so which is your favourite episode?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »

that one where the killer was hunting down people who insisted on using extra U's in words  Tongue

I'm not sure I have a favorite, I didn't see the whole series and none of them stick out.  I do have it in my Nextflix instant queue but I have so many other TV series in there too that I want to watch more so it's going to be a while.  bump this thread in 2013 and I may have an answer  icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »

Easy.  Home.  It was the only episode of the X-Files that was banned from rebroadcast and is mentioned in a few lists of the scariest tv episodes of all time.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 27, 2011, 05:10:48 PM

that one where the killer was hunting down people who insisted on using extra U's in words  Tongue

oh,another one of those jokes,i thought it had been too long since the last one Roll Eyes

Quote from: Tscott on May 27, 2011, 05:07:28 PM

classic episode,Peter Boyle at his best!!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 27, 2011, 05:51:47 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 27, 2011, 05:10:48 PM

oh,another one of those jokes,i thought it had been too long since the last one

Hepcat's goat made me do it.  he also told me to kill the neighbors.  BRB.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »

I liked Home and the one with that mutant in the sewers / porta potty.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

Quote from: Tscott on May 27, 2011, 05:07:28 PM

Yes
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »

There's so many...

One scene I vividly remember, but can't remember the episode its from, is where Scully and Mulder are investigating a local nurse being accused for being a witch, and as they are outside her house, and no-one answers their knocking, Mulder see's a broom besides the door, and says "Probable cause" and opens the door :-D

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 27, 2011, 06:23:53 PM

There's so many...

One scene I vividly remember, but can't remember the episode its from, is where Scully and Mulder are investigating a local nurse being accused for being a witch, and as they are outside her house, and no-one answers their knocking, Mulder see's a broom besides the door, and says "Probable cause" and opens the door :-D

sounds like 'Sanguinarium'...the liposuction scene is what stands out for me in that episode(the Doctor doing the liposuction is possessed i think) eek

Quote from: Roman on May 27, 2011, 05:56:33 PM

I liked Home and the one with that mutant in the sewers / porta potty.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:31:48 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 27, 2011, 04:52:25 PM

one my favourites is called Død Kalm,where Mulder and Scully are stuck on another Ship in the Norwegian sea,and they find they are prematurely ageing at an incredible rate and age decades within a few hours

That one obviously got a lot of attention here in Norway, to the point of having the newspapers hype it before it was shown.

I didn't like it. The portrayal of Norway was so hilariously bad that it pulled me straight out of the story and made me unable to take it seriously. It was next to impossible for a Norwegian to understand what they were saying (it was clearly just Americans reading Norwegian lines that they had no idea how to pronounce), there were Norwegian flags everywhere (okay, I know this is a common thing in the US, but except for flag poles, you'd be hard pressed to find our flags outside of tourist stands), and nothing but gloomy, old fishermen in what seemed like medieval taverns. It was fascinating in a "this is what the rest of the world thinks we are" kind of way, but that didn't really help. slywink

And to answer the original question: My favorite is Bad Blood. It had me hooked and laughing from the moment the fake teeth came off in the intro.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:31:09 PM by TiLT » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »

Jose Chung's From Outer Space.

Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek as Men in Black.  biggrin

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

I was a big X Files fan and there were so many great episodes.  The the ones that stand out the most have been mentioned here like Clyde Bruckman.   The two Eugene Tooms episodes were fantastic and definitely on my short list.   When I first saw Home, I couldnt believe it was actually allowed to air.  Ive seen feature horror films that were far less intense.  Another entertaining episode starred Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin as the ghosts of two star-crossed lovers who have a unique christmas in store for Mulder and Scully.  The Jose Chung stuff was fun as well.   The Xfiles was a great show but when they lost Mulder, it kinda limped along with Dogget after that but never regained its mojo.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »

Badlaa - About a creepy little Indian dude who wheeled around on a board and would climb up people's butts.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »

For me its honestly just about any epsiode from season 3 and 4. When I finally watched all 9 seasons uninterupted 2 years ago, I marvelled at how the episodes from 3 and 4 were consistently good from one to the next. Out of those 2 seasons I'd have to agree with a few others that 'Home' was probably the best episode. One of my favorites though is 'Deep Throat' from season 1 - not because it was a great episode -it was really quite mediocre- but because Seth Green played a young stoner and his performance really stood out. I think for writing, my favorite stories were those witten by James Wong with Glenn Morgan or Chris Carter witg Frank Spotnitz

IMO the series went into the crapper after season 5 when it left Vancouver. Am I being biased as a Vancouverite - possibly, but I've since read similar opinions in many threads and blogs all accross the Internet. BTW I'm in awe at the excellent taste of those who've posted so far - all but a few epsisodes hasn't been from seasons 1-5 and most have been from 3 and 4. slywink
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:12:42 PM by kronovan » Logged
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »

I consider the entire run of the series as my favorite. smile 

I loved every minute and go back through the entire series every couple years or so.

I started trying to list my top favorites, but my list kept growing and growing. smile

However, I think Paper Clip was the episode that captured the essence of the show for me.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »

I don't remember the name, but one of my favorites was the comic one nominally about vampires told alternatively from Mulder and Scully's viewpoint, and Rashomoned accordingly.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »

There are so many episodes that it's really hard to pick a single favorite.  I have to agree that several already mentioned here are at the top of my list though...

Jose Chung's From Outer Space
Home
Memento Mori
The Post-Modern Prometheus
Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
Squeeze
Tooms
X-Cops

I could go on and on...so many great memories...

Quote from: Mr. Fed on May 27, 2011, 11:07:55 PM

I don't remember the name, but one of my favorites was the comic one nominally about vampires told alternatively from Mulder and Scully's viewpoint, and Rashomoned accordingly.

That was Bad Blood from Season 5...fun episode thanks to their creative way of telling the story icon_cool
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:13:24 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 06:08:28 AM »

i just watched the episode Beyond the Sea,Scully's father dies,and Brad Dourif is a psychic on death row saying he knows where two current kidnapped kids are,great stuff from him....Mulder,this time is the sceptic and doesn't believe Boggs(Dourif)is psychic and is taking advantage and is trying to get out of death row,while Scully keeps seeing her dead father everywhere,so she is the believer this time

(he always seems to get a tear to his eye when needed,like he does as Wormtongue in LOTR Tongue)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:12:39 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 28, 2011, 06:08:28 AM

i just watched the episode Beyond the Sea,Scully's father dies,and Brad Dourif is a psychic on death row saying he knows where two current kidnapped kids are,great stuff from him....Mulder,this time is the sceptic and doesn't believe Boggs(Dourif)is psychic and is taking advantage and is trying to get out of death row,while Scully keeps seeing her dead father everywhere,so she is the believer this time

(he always seems to get a tear to his eye when needed,like he does as Wormtongue in LOTR Tongue)
I was a Brad Dourif fan from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest to any of David Lynch's Films. He has a way of play characters that just slightly off.

Favorite episodes are Home, Soft Light, and The Host (sewer monster or flukeman).

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »

Oh man, that legless homeless guy creeped the fuck out of me when I watched the episode.

By the way X-Files experts, I went through every episode of the X-Files up to a certain season. I couldn't remember which season I stopped at, but the last episode was when Mulder was up in the north pole, and Scully was at HQ, telling the suits that Mulder was indeed missing a screw in his head, and that he needs help. It was in a dark room, I remember.

So what season was that?
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:26 AM »

Just remembered the name:

War of the Coprophages

I seem to remember enjoying this one quite a bit. Along with many of the others already mentioned.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on May 28, 2011, 10:17:18 PM

Oh man, that legless homeless guy creeped the fuck out of me when I watched the episode.

By the way X-Files experts, I went through every episode of the X-Files up to a certain season. I couldn't remember which season I stopped at, but the last episode was when Mulder was up in the north pole, and Scully was at HQ, telling the suits that Mulder was indeed missing a screw in his head, and that he needs help. It was in a dark room, I remember.

So what season was that?

i haven't seen the last 3 seasons for years and only just bought them on DVD,which has got me starting to watch them all again from the beginning(just started season 2)..what you say about Scully is familiar,as she has done something like that a few times..but its the North Pole for Mulder i can't place(i keep on thinking about the Antarctica scenes of the first movie)

when i come across it i will let you know

JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »

Jose Chung's From Outer Space
Home
Memento Mori

My favorites - and in the same order! What made XFiles such a memorable show for me was, in part, so many episodes being high caliber. Ultimately, the show reached an almost pointless destination but the trip alone was worth it.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »

Most of my favorites have been listed but I'd like to also add Darkness Falls (killer bugs in a forest in Washington), Small Potatoes (Eddie Van Blundht can change his form to appear as anybody), Humbug (circus freak episode), and Dreamland I & II ("You know, Morris, most men when they have a mid-life crisis they go out and buy themselves a sports car. They don't run around calling themselves Fox.").
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »

the thing about the X-Files,is that as a whole it has a large story(Mulders sister,Deep Throat,Cancer Man etc),but it also has episodes classed on their own and nothing to do with the main story,and not many shows do that,they either have the story as a whole(say like The Event)or as individual stories(i wanna say like CSI,but i have never watched that),not many series have both

I am coming towards the end of season 2 now,and the 'clones' have started to play a major part,but there has also been some fun episodes that i had forgotten all about(substitute teacher being the Devil after kids summoned it up by accident or Firewalker-a plant thing grows inside of people and 'sprouts' out of their necks)

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »

I think my previous post got eaten but one of my favorites is Unusual Suspects (S5:E3), which is a flashback to the origin of The Lone Gunmen.  "Your kung fu is the best."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:02:06 PM by Freezer-TPF- » Logged

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »

finished Season 5,watched the first movie and now on Season 6 and there are some pretty great episodes in Season 6 that i had forgotten

mainly the episode heloder mentioned, Mulder swapping bodies with Michael Mckean in Dreamlands I+II

and also Terms of Endearment,with Bruce Campbell who is a Demon and is knocking up women so that he can have a 'normal' looking child,but they keep being born as Little Demons

I am only 6 or 7 episodes in to season 6 but its been a good season up to now

oh and as much as i hate Spender,i really hate Mimi Rogers as well(who plays Mulders past love interest and partner Diana Fowler)...although i think i am supposed to icon_biggrin

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »

I loved most if not all episodes up until the end of season 5.

Home
Pusher
Post Modern Prometheus
Killswitch

So many good ones. I really wanting to watch from the beginning again.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »

finished watching Season 6 which was a nice surprise,as because they moved away from Canada filming i was expecting not to like the season as much but i liked it just as much as past season

David Duchovny written and directed The Unnatural,where a Alien disguised himself as a Black Baseball player in the 40s,just so he can play Baseball,it was one of my favourite episodes as i really enjoyed it,and it didn't really feature Mulder and Scully that much

Season 7 wasn't nearly as good as Season 6 IMO,it had some good individual episodes

Hungry

The Amazing Maleeni was a fun episode,as was X-Cops...the less said about First Person Shooter is probably for the best

Season 8 was much more interesting,and i liked how they dealt with Mulder not being the main man,although for the last half of the season he is pretty much in each episode one way or another,but the episodes were pretty good as well

there was an episode called Roadrunners which dealt with that freaky middle America quiet town whose few occupants were part of a cult and they end up sticking their 'new God' into Scully's back

and yeah that Badlaa episode people mentioned where the little guy on a skateboard hides up people's butt's was a bit freaky

but the last half dozen or so episodes of season 8 have been great

just got the last season to go and then the second film

oh and by the way 20th Century Fox are dicks for putting a montage before the DVD menu pops up and spoils half the stuff in the season

Spoiler for Hiden:
in the montage(at the beginning of each disc menu),it showed Krytek getting shot in the head which was what happened in the last 5 minutes of the season,and as a menu picture it showed Mulder and Scully with Scully's baby

thanks for spoiling that Fox you pricks!!

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 11:46:01 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 31, 2011, 11:26:43 AM

oh and by the way 20th Century Fox are dicks for putting a montage before the DVD menu pops up and spoils half the stuff in the season

Spoiler for Hiden:
in the montage(at the beginning of each disc menu),it showed Krytek getting shot in the head which was what happened in the last 5 minutes of the season,and as a menu picture it showed Mulder and Scully with Scully's baby

Yeah, stuff like that is really annoying. You'd think the people who design those menus have no attachment to the material at all. Another good example is in the movie The Descent, where the DVD menus
Spoiler for Hiden:
show the movie's creatures in lots of detail, totally spoiling the surprising direction the movie takes in its second half.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on July 31, 2011, 11:46:01 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 31, 2011, 11:26:43 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yeah, stuff like that is really annoying. You'd think the people who design those menus have no attachment to the material at all. Another good example is in the movie The Descent, where the DVD menus
Spoiler for Hiden:
show the movie's creatures in lots of detail, totally spoiling the surprising direction the movie takes in its second half.

They also did this with season 3 of Dexter,  the montage had some serious later season spoilers

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:45 AM »

Battlestar did that too.  I was rewatching it with my dad (who hadn't seen it)  and had to get him to look away while the episode started.  Gave away some major plot points Roll Eyes

This thread got me into rewatching XFiles (hadn't seen then since original broadcasts) and I'm loving it as much as I did before.  Its funny to see some of the guest actors that they have on and where they are now.

I'm on season three and just finished 'Syzygy' where a rather chubby Ryan Reynolds had himself killed off by some devil bitches in the opener.  thumbsup  Not to mention D.P.O. with both Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi.

Oh yeah, some favourites so far are, Humbug, Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose, Oubliette War of the Coprphages and the one with the glowing insects from season 1.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:10:10 AM by Ragnarok » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »

Quote from: Ragnarok on August 02, 2011, 01:02:45 AM

This thread got me into rewatching XFiles (hadn't seen then since original broadcasts) and I'm loving it as much as I did before.  Its funny to see some of the guest actors that they have on and where they are now.

Terry O' Quinn(Locke from Lost)appears no less than 3 times(including the first movie)as 3 separate people,his last showing is in the last season,the last season also has Alan Dale(Penny's Dad in Lost,he was also in Ugly Betty i think) and Michael Emerson(who played Ben in Lost)...there are other Lost actors over the seasons in The X files,but those three are the best known i think

finished with The X files now,and season 9 was a big disappointment,the end was terrible,i am not sure if they expected to have a season 10 or what but it ended with a lot of questions
Spoiler for Hiden:
mainly Mulder was on the run from the FBI after breaking out of prison when he had been convicted of murder and receiving the death penalty

The Super Soldier project was in full effect with Alan Dale as a Super Soldier who was part of Mulders Trial

in fact Mulders Trial was all a bit lame as it just acted as a 9 season recap

Alien invasion is to start December 22nd 2012...i guess that is still on the cards then icon_confused

they finally killed off,properly,i mean.. Cancer Man/Cigarette Smoking Man

Mulder only features in the last two episodes of this season,and therfor Scully becomes a fifth(or third)wheel,seeming to be whenever Dogget and Reyes want an autopsy they call in Scully

FWIW- i really liked both Robert Patrick as Doggett and Annabeth Gish as Reyes

some highlight episodes
Jump The Shark where they killed off
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Lone Gunmen

Improbable was a fun episode with Burt Reynolds

Sunshine Days Michael Emerson could use his Psychic powers to create an illusion in front of everybody's eyes,so he transformed his house to The Brady Bunch house

and Scary Monsters where a kids imagination causes weird bugs to come out at night and multiply when you shoot one

then i watched the Second X-Files movie(The X Files:I Want To Believe) which was good to see everyone again(well,Mulder,Scully and Skinner),but the story didn't have an impact for a movie like the first film did,this seemed more like an episode,with Billy Connelly being a Paedophile Psychic Priest(hey PPP!!,LOL)...at least the movie did answer something from the end of season 9
Spoiler for Hiden:
mainly Mulder getting 'let off' for his Murder conviction

and half way through the end credits it showed
Spoiler for Hiden:
Mulder and Scully in swimwear rowing a boat in the sea near a small tropical island

Overall The X-Files is still one of the best series out there,which unfortunately ended with a wimper rather than a bang

but still,bring on The X-Files 3rd Movie  paranoid (it's rumoured anyway)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:32:18 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 05:52:22 AM »

My two favorites were The Unnatural (which showed off such a pure love of baseball and of life itself that it should be required viewing for all would be tv writers) and Triangle which I consider one of the best episodes of anything ever.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: