http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 07:57:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I want for my birthday?  (Read 3509 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 11:05:59 PM »

Quote from: gellar on October 11, 2007, 10:43:39 PM

Quote from: Kratz on October 11, 2007, 10:33:40 PM

Character?

What good would that do me?

gellar

you could play D&D with it......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »

The cake is a lie...

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2007, 11:40:04 PM »

I'm not kidding when I say everyone who can (health-wise) should purchase bacon salt.  Would I be exaggerating if I said it changed my life?  For the better?

No, I would not.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 03:28:13 AM »

I usually just use bacon bits, but I may need to look into the bacon salt.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Mookee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 04:33:26 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on October 11, 2007, 07:25:46 PM

Every time I see one of these, I remember a comparison a cosmonaut made between their space program and how NASA did things.  NASA had problems with pens not working in space, so they formed committees to research pens, spent millions of dollars, and came up with a pen which would work in zero gravity, or upside down, or whatever... and the Russians just used pencils.

Snoped!

Actually, thanks for posting that. After hearing that story a billion times, I've alway wondered if it was an urban legend or not and I finally looked it up.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »

Quote from: Mookee on October 12, 2007, 04:33:26 AM

Every time I see one of these, I remember a comparison a cosmonaut made between their space program and how NASA did things.  NASA had problems with pens not working in space, so they formed committees to research pens, spent millions of dollars, and came up with a pen which would work in zero gravity, or upside down, or whatever... and the Russians just used pencils.

Snoped!

Actually, thanks for posting that. After hearing that story a billion times, I've alway wondered if it was an urban legend or not and I finally looked it up.

Thanks, Mookee! I was wondering about the safety of pencils on spacecraft, because they do splinter and break, after all.  Also, the vague mention of "millions" spent on the space pens made me curious, so I was going to look it up, too.  Some folks prefer to believe that the U.S. government is inferior to every other government in the world, and to turn every thread into a political discussion, so thanks for running that one to ground!

Now, back to the birthday post...

I see your bacon salt and raise you one milk chocolate bacon bar.

I agree with Gellar - I will stick with the bacon salt, which is now on my birthday list, btw. The chocolate bar site actually has a link that says this:

Click here for our tips on how to eat an Exotic Candy Bar

I was afraid to click - too scary!   icon_eek

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 10:23:44 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on October 12, 2007, 04:03:47 PM

Now, back to the birthday post...

I see your bacon salt and raise you one milk chocolate bacon bar.

I agree with Gellar - I will stick with the bacon salt, which is now on my birthday list, btw. The chocolate bar site actually has a link that says this:

Click here for our tips on how to eat an Exotic Candy Bar

I was afraid to click - too scary!   icon_eek

Then let me frighten you, mwahahaha!  eek

How to Eat an Exotic Candy Bar...

See... first, there should be a glossy shine to the chocolate bar, this shows a good temper; rather, a tight bond between the cocoa butter and the cocoa mass.

Smell... rub your thumb on the chocolate to help release the aromas. Inhale the chocolate and ingredient notes deeply through your nose. Can you feel it?

Snap... quality chocolate should always be dry to the touch. Break the bar into two pieces. Hear a crisp, ringing snap, which indicates a well-tempered bar of chocolate.

Taste... place the chocolate on your tongue and press it to the roof of your mouth. Within thirty seconds, the chocolate should slowly begin to melt around your tongue. The taste should not be evanescent; it should have a long, lingering finish.

Feel... recognize the life in your body as you… benefit from the anti-oxidants in chocolate, ride the natural high of chillies, boost your immune system with some of the natural ingredients. Each bar brings its own sensations and benefits. Notice how spicy bars don’t hit you until after you have swallowed.

* Freezer-TPF- lights a cigarette and inhales deeply

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

Wow, it sounds like they think chocolate lasts a long time once it is opened. Not in my household!  biggrin

If you are part of the "youth market" though, Freeze, you can indeed have your chocolate - and smoke it too (mwah-ha-ha!)
(from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/33445.php"

New cigarette flavors include mint, chocolate and citrus - youth market targeted

New research from the Harvard School of Public Health finds that cigarette makers are targeting young smokers with candy and liqueur-flavored new brands that mask the harsh and toxic properties found in tobacco smoke, and in one case, embedding a hidden flavor pellet within the filter. Despite assurances from cigarette makers that they no longer target the youth market, the researchers found that new brands are being marketed to young smokers and racial/ethnic groups using colorful and stylish packaging and exploiting adolescents' attraction to candy flavors. The study appears in the November/December issue of the journal, Health Affairs...

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »

As an update, as I could not really think of anything (other than the Baconsalt, which did arrive yesterday), the girlfriend has decided to take me to 3 meals instead.  One at my favorite steakhouse in the city, one at a Michelin One Star restaurant we've been wanting to try, and one at a Michelin Two Star.  I've never eaten at a restaurant that earned that rating, so I'm excited to try it.

gellar
unbreakable
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2007, 07:18:03 PM »

Quote from: Mookee on October 12, 2007, 04:33:26 AM

Snoped!

LOL, that rocks!  I actually never thought to look that up.  Thanks for the link!
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2007, 11:34:51 PM »

Quote from: Brinstil on October 08, 2007, 07:40:29 PM

Marriage and a child, definitely.

DON'T DO IT!! After marriage and a child is a second child, then somewhere in there is a mortgage and car payments and clothes, food, medical expenses, toys, utility bills, eating out, etc etc etc. It never stops. RUN, RUN WHILE YOU CAN and HIDE YOUR WALLET!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: