http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 11:35:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What country will Bush attack next? [RP]  (Read 2117 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »

My guess is Iran.

I've got a strong feeling the Bush regime isn't done policing and bullying the rest of the world just yet.

What country do you think Dubya will invade next and further the hatred against us by the rest of the world?

Serious discusison btw, I'm a bit critical of Bush (obviously) but in all seriousness, I just don't see Bush not going to another war before the end of his dictat.. presidency.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:39:58 AM »

Please be Canada please be Canada please be Canada

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:46:49 AM »

I agree that Iran will be next.  The problem is, the next two targets are Iran and North Korea, and both have possible nuclear capability and might just be insane enough to use it.

Bush scares the hell out of me.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 01:02:46 PM »

Babigotbakistan

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 01:38:19 PM »

It wont happen.

We are actually spread too thin right now. And there is zero support for any type of offensive unless it means getting Bin Laden. I want his head on a stick so we can parade it through the canyon of heros and send the video footage back to Pakistan with us dancing in the street.

There, thats better.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 01:49:52 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"

Serious discusison btw,

lol!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 02:43:04 PM »

I think the Iraian president is pouring as much gas on the fire as he can with all the crap about the Holocaust etc.  so I don't think public opinion will be hard for Bush to whip up.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 04:27:02 PM »

Maybe some sort of targeted strikes at their nuclear facilities(although Iran has really spread themselves out to make it much harder), but there won't be any sort of invasion.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 04:46:14 PM »

was this supposed to be serious?

Serious discusison btw, I'm a bit critical of Bush (obviously) but in all seriousness, I just don't see Bush not going to another war before the end of his dictat.. presidency.

pretty lousy way to start a "serious" conversation.  The internet isnt exactly the place for a serious conversation anyway.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

The Democrats?

Ye Olde Farte
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »

The internet isnt exactly the place for a serious conversation anyway.

Sure it is. There may be one or two trolls that dereail threads, but for the most part most members here are capable of serious discussions. One of the greatest things about the internet is just what we're doing on this messageboard - discussions.

I've got my own opinions of Bush but keeping them out of this, even as thinly spread as we are, how could he not attack another country before the end of his term?
Do you think all this rhetoric he and his regime have been spewing against countries like Iran and North Korea are just for fun and game? He's building it all up for something, and I think it's got a lot more to do than just sanctions.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »

Do you think all this rhetoric he and his regime have been spewing against countries like Iran and North Korea are just for fun and game? He's building it all up for something, and I think it's got a lot more to do than just sanctions.

See, that's the thing, there is tons of rhetoric. In fact, both Iran and North Korea are tossing around several times more rhetoric than the Bush admin is.  Does that make them more likely to attack?  Not really.  I would be more worried if we heard nothing coming out of those countries.

I would say that a 'pre-emptive' strike against any country is just not going to happen at this point.  Look, I think Bush is a fuck-up myself, but to think that he's just sitting around the white house going "hmnnn, I only have two more years left- I must attack someone before I get out!" is pretty juvenile.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 07:00:19 PM »

Oregon

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 07:20:10 PM »

DurhkaDurhkastan

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 08:10:11 PM »

Albania

Ye Olde Farte
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
Albania

Yeah, but those sneaky bastards have been asking for it for years.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »

....and then Ethiopia! Quickly followed by a mad dash for the Suez Canal!

Ye Olde Farte
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 11:06:54 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
....and then Ethiopia!

Just to show it can be done? :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 03:09:31 AM »

I'm actually wondering about the foreign rhetoric, and how much of it is just Bushite propaganda.

For example, CNN was recently kicked out of Iran because they mistranslated things in their reports.  The Iranian president gave a speech and said Iran had a right to persue "nuclear energy", and CNN mistranslated it as "nuclear weapons".

It *could* have been an innocent mistake, but that seems like an awfully HUGE mistake to make on accident, doesnt it?  And what about the propaganda mill working overtime when Iran's president was elected, and how they were claiming he was involved in the American hostage kidnappings in the 80s?  Sure, it was disproven later, but this is how the Bushit works: you smear someone, and most people never even hear that it was wrong.  They did the same thing regarding Saddam's fictional ties to 9/11.

If all goes well and the Republicans have huge losses in this year's elections, Bush knows impeachment will be on the agenda.  I have a feeling he is going to attack Iran either before or after the elections.

The real question is whether the rest of the world is going to allow Bush to run renegade over international law (to say nothing of his flagrant violations of US law, but that's our concern).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 04:22:46 AM »

I vote for Hogeye Arkansas.  I hear there's a tin pot dictator down there somewhere......  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 04:51:37 AM »

not a one. as someone already pointed out the military is already stretched pretty thin, the american people wouldnt have it, the world wouldnt have it and if the us did go at iran, can you imagine what would happen to global oil prices if she essentially stopped producing?
unbreakable
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 07:30:44 PM »

You forget who Bush represents: Saudi Arabia, and the US oil industry.

Higher oil prices means Bush's friends make even more money selling their oil, then price gouging at the pump for gasoline.

It's amusing how Republifundies whine about paying taxes, but high gas prices and the increase in almost everything they buy caused by it (higher food prices, etc) seem to be all right with them.  Apparently they don't mind being taxed by the oil industry.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 07:48:38 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
You forget who Bush represents: Saudi Arabia, and the US oil industry.

Higher oil prices means Bush's friends make even more money selling their oil, then price gouging at the pump for gasoline.

It's amusing how Republifundies whine about paying taxes, but high gas prices and the increase in almost everything they buy caused by it (higher food prices, etc) seem to be all right with them.  Apparently they don't mind being taxed by the oil industry.

So was it the Saudi Arabians or the US oil industry that used their hurricane machines to spawn Katrina? lol!
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 07:51:14 PM »

Quote from: "Toe"
So was it the Saudi Arabians or the US oil industry that used their hurricane machines to spawn Katrina? lol!

GWB FTW!  :wink:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »

The Consitution and civil liberities frown

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »

Toe - im gonna hafta go with the oil industry on this one - the burning of fossil fuels accelerates the natural warming cycle of the earth, which in turn raises surface temperatures, which lends to larger magnitude hurricanes.  also, blame every asshole who drives an suv and the modelling special interest for their excessive use of hair spray.  smile
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 04:20:39 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
Toe - im gonna hafta go with the oil industry on this one - the burning of fossil fuels accelerates the natural warming cycle of the earth, which in turn raises surface temperatures, which lends to larger magnitude hurricanes.

http://hurricane.atmos.colostate.edu/forecasts/2005/dec2005/

The global warming arguments have been given much attention by many media references to recent papers claiming to show such a linkage.   Despite the global warming of the sea surface of about 0.3oC that has taken place over the last 3 decades, the global numbers of hurricanes and their intensity have not shown increases in recent years except for the Atlantic.

The Atlantic has seen a very large increase in major hurricanes during the last 11-year period of 1995-2005 (average 4.0 per year) in comparison to the prior 25-year period of 1970-1994 (average 1.5 per year).  This large increase in Atlantic major hurricanes is primarily a result of the multi-decadal increase in strength of the Atlantic Ocean thermohaline circulation (THC) which is not directly related to global temperature increase.   Changes in ocean salinity are believed to be the driving mechanism.  These multi-decadal changes have also been termed the Atlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillation (AMO).  

There have been similar past periods (1940s-1950s) when the Atlantic was just as active as in recent years.  For instance, when we compare Atlantic basin hurricane numbers of the last 15 years with an earlier 15-year period (1950-64), we see no difference in hurricane frequency or intensity even though the global surface temperatures were cooler and there was a general global cooling during 1950-64 as compared with global warming during 1990-2004.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
unbreakable
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 04:40:41 AM »

Quote from: "Toe"

And you mention Katrina... because...
Poleaxe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 06:21:29 AM »

What country do you think Dubya will invade next and further the hatred against us by the rest of the world?

Actually, the president of Iran is doing a fine job of putting France, Germany, the UK, and America back on the same team.

Iran is a state sponsor of terror. That has every western nation worried. Throw in some holocaust denial, and any American or Israeli action may not be unilateral.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2006, 08:34:09 PM »

graham, i was only half joking - but hey for laughs - from NASA and GISS - from what ive heard theyre pretty concerned about the weather:

"The expected buildup of atmospheric "greenhouse" gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, will likely increase ocean temperatures as well as the area of ocean surface water warmer than 26°C. It is therefore possible that hurricanes will become more frequent and/or more intense in future decades. However, there are other environmental factors that influence hurricane development, and these must also be taken into consideration in any assessment of future trends. Fortunately, climate simulation models can be used to evaluate how all of the relevant environmental conditions will change as the warming from greenhouse gas buildup is realized....

During those years when the eastern tropical Pacific is warmest at the peak of the El Niño cycle, hurricane activity in the North Atlantic tends to be at a minimum, apparently because of the effect of warm ocean water on world-wide wind patterns. We plan to use the GISS climate model to examine how this impact of El Niño-caused ocean warming will enhance or diminish hurricane formation in the future, once significant greenhouse warming has occurred. "

- this is Doopri again - i put in the el nino part because the early 1950s were a strong el nino period, hence models predict higher hurricane frequency and intensity - we are now in a weak el nino period and should not by any measure have as severe a hurricane period as we have had (or as they had during the strong el nino period of the 1950s that were mentioned in your quote)- there is another correlation going on and i suggest its possibly global warming - and as your article also noted, levels of ocean salinity contribute to hurricane frequency -  it has been shown that for "whatever reason" the FRESH water ice caps have been melting at a higher rate - im guessing this might alter salinity in the ocean?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »

oh and someone should put up the "thread derailed" picture smile
Poleaxe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2006, 10:02:23 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
graham, i was only half joking - but hey for laughs - from NASA and GISS - from what ive heard theyre pretty concerned about the weather:

"The expected buildup of atmospheric "greenhouse" gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, will likely increase ocean temperatures as well as the area of ocean surface water warmer than 26°C. It is therefore possible that hurricanes will become more frequent and/or more intense in future decades. However, there are other environmental factors that influence hurricane development, and these must also be taken into consideration in any assessment of future trends. Fortunately, climate simulation models can be used to evaluate how all of the relevant environmental conditions will change as the warming from greenhouse gas buildup is realized....

During those years when the eastern tropical Pacific is warmest at the peak of the El Niño cycle, hurricane activity in the North Atlantic tends to be at a minimum, apparently because of the effect of warm ocean water on world-wide wind patterns. We plan to use the GISS climate model to examine how this impact of El Niño-caused ocean warming will enhance or diminish hurricane formation in the future, once significant greenhouse warming has occurred. "

- this is Doopri again - i put in the el nino part because the early 1950s were a strong el nino period, hence models predict higher hurricane frequency and intensity - we are now in a weak el nino period and should not by any measure have as severe a hurricane period as we have had (or as they had during the strong el nino period of the 1950s that were mentioned in your quote)- there is another correlation going on and i suggest its possibly global warming - and as your article also noted, levels of ocean salinity contribute to hurricane frequency -  it has been shown that for "whatever reason" the FRESH water ice caps have been melting at a higher rate - im guessing this might alter salinity in the ocean?

That's fine when talking about hurricane formation out in the Atlantic. Both Katrina and Rita grew monstrous in the warm water of the gulf. Do you have data related to climate change and it's effects on the gulf?
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2006, 10:27:36 PM »

poleaxe im assuming the principles remain the same - i only mentioned the atlantic specifically because the other poster happened to mention the atlantic

the gulf was running around what 85+ degrees when those hurricanes hit (dont remember exactly) - which is why they got so bad - hurricanes need the warm water to build - im sure the effects of global warming with regard to hurricane formation in the gulf are minor because it is already such a warm body of water. - again my initial quote that "the oil industry was to blame" was of a joking sarcastic kind because someone asked kind of a joking sarcastic question
 - the other stuff about the atlantic was because another post offered a quote that said global warming has no implications for climate change whatsoever which i dont believe is true or fruitful to believe if we are intending to keep living on this planet - like any other system, the earth responds to stresses placed upon it.
but yea again for recent history the gulf is warm, has been warm and will stay warm - if theres any degree of global warming that will alter the gulf enough to start changing weather patterns then well, were really really screwed smile
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2006, 08:29:36 AM »

I don't see how the Iranian president's use of free speech would justify a war against them. Sure what he's saying is wrong, but hell, we have holocause deniers here in America and Britain, so why aren't they in jail? Because even as undesirable their views may be, it's still free speech.

Israel has said they wanted to attack Iran and if they want to, then go for it. They sure as hell didn't commit any troops to helping us out in Iraq and boldly claim they are our best ally.
So if we do end up invading Iran, wonder if we'll see any Israeli assistance? Or do they just want us to get our guys killed so they don't have to risk any of their own?
Truth is, allies don't attack allies. Ask the veteran sailors who survived the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty who are still asking for an investigation into the attack.
After watching the documentary on the history channel a few years back, it really changed my view on Israel.

Having said that, I woudn't be against an Israeli attack on Iran, but there's no need to bring Americans into the middle of it. We've had this bad habit of putting our troops in the middle of conflicts that we have no business in.
America needs to stop being the world police force and let countries work out their own problems as the sovereign nations they are.

unbreakable
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 10:09:24 AM »

Being a police force would be preferable to what we are doing now.  At least police are supposed to follow (as well as enforce) the law.
Poleaxe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 12:35:52 PM »

I don't see how the Iranian president's use of free speech would justify a war against them. Sure what he's saying is wrong, but hell, we have holocause deniers here in America and Britain, so why aren't they in jail? Because even as undesirable their views may be, it's still free speech.

Holocaust denial, as well as being distastefull for most westerners, is illegal in Germany. I pointed it out simply to say that the Iranian president isn't winning any friends in germany.

Israel has said they wanted to attack Iran and if they want to, then go for it. They sure as hell didn't commit any troops to helping us out in Iraq and boldly claim they are our best ally.
So if we do end up invading Iran, wonder if we'll see any Israeli assistance? Or do they just want us to get our guys killed so they don't have to risk any of their own?

Israel can not send troops to any middle east coalitions because it would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Truth is, allies don't attack allies. Ask the veteran sailors who survived the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty who are still asking for an investigation into the attack.
After watching the documentary on the history channel a few years back, it really changed my view on Israel.

This was 40 years ago. Since then we have killed british soldiers in Afganistan and killed civilians on an Italian gondola. Shit happens.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »

All of you need to read this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11009379. smile

unbreakable
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2006, 01:58:59 AM »

Well of course.  If you look at politics during the past two decades, the rhetoric has been stepped up in direct proportion to the criminal activity.  A mere ten years ago, the entire country would have been screaming for blood if over a billion dollars was unaccounted for.  

Today?  You have half the country just shrug, or act like it doesn't matter.  Heck, you can't even get a new report on it now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: