http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:50:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you (supposed to be) doing right now?  (Read 1573 times)
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2004, 04:13:59 PM »

I'm not really supposed to be doing anything.  I'm unemployed, waiting for school to start in 2 weeks = boredom.  However, I'm watching olympic women's soccer (muted), mindlessly surfing the internet, and waiting to take my dog to the vet at 2pm.  He sprained his leg or something...  at least I hope it's not worse than that.

So, what are you doing, or what are you supposed to be doing?

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 04:28:45 PM »

hehe...I'm supposed to be writing reports, but I sneak in here every once in a while to post. smile

Women's soccer eh?  I TiVO the Olympics and watch em commercial free (cuz man....there are a LOT of commercials!) and hope that nobody spoils em for me.  The Tae Kwon Do competition is my next 'big' event to watch.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 04:44:32 PM »

Women's Soccer and Swimming are my only choices, and frankly, I'm tired of both of them.  How many swimming heats are there?!!?

Edit: Ooh.  Velodrome cycling!

Another Edit: The coolest new venue at the olympic, by far, is the whitewater canoeing / kayaking place.  I would love to see a schematic of that, and read about how it works.  They say it's salt water pumped in from the Agean.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 05:51:40 PM »

You hear that they are trying to make open-water swimming a sport?  They plan on doing it IN the Agean.  That'd be a totally different thing for most swimmers...salt water instead of pool water?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 06:10:28 PM »

If they included sharks hunting the swimmers, I'd be all in favor of watching. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 06:16:42 PM »

Re-writing a text to audio concatenater in Flash. Kind of fun sometimes, but I have been working in Flash for so long now my mind easily wanders to other things... Like games. slywink

LiveTAG: happydog
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »

I'm not supposed to be doing a whole lot right now.  I have to leave for work in a couple hours but I think I'm going to stop at Best Buy and get Goodfellas.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 08:31:09 PM »

Let's see:

- Write up several procedures for how to do things at my job, most all of which I've delegated to the secretaries as the Powers That Be are all out until Tuesday.

- Contact a couple of clients to discuss duplication orders, all of which has been done I'm just waiting on them to get back with me

- Figure out how best to consistently provide reliable digital streaming media to clients (video/audio) without spending a ton of money. Sadly, the Powers That Be have ixneyed my earlier suggestions for just this reason, thereby making my life harded as this is not my field of expertise

- Other things I'm sure

Right now, I'm just in that "It's been a long frickin' week and I want to go home and sleep now" phase. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: