http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 11:36:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a WIERD week...  (Read 1130 times)
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2004, 06:40:06 AM »

Hey guys, I know I haven't been posting a lot, but I have been real busy. I go to college part time, and I still have that theatre job.  Finally after three tries, it looks like I will pass that math class...

I am extremely well liked and respected at my place of work, because Im nice and I do favors for everyone. So when I spur of the moment decided to have a birthday party for myself on monday at a restaruant, and I invited a lot of my co-workers along on short notice. A lot of people accepted. I got a "will definitely be there" from four people "will probabally be there" from three more and " May be able to make it" from two managers, including the GM.

To top this all off, there was this girl that I had my eye on, I mean she is REALLY fine... Shes short and small but REALLY cute... ever since I started working there. She was extremely friendly towards me and we had always had friendly chats that bordered into flirtation on her part.

She was flirting with me and said something about wearing a special "birthday suit" to my birthday party on monday, and I worked up the courage to say something along the lines of:

"All sexual innuendo aside, would you like to go out to dinner sometime?"

She accepted and we got to talking some more, and it turns out that her family is crazy too, and she has thanksgiving alone, so we are talking about having thanksgiving together.

Later that evening we get to talking some more an

I am going to her house for thanksgiving.

Later on she ran out crying, and I was wondering if I said or did something to offend her... I do that sometimes... well, a lot of times...

It turns out that some medication she took to help her sleep did a number on her kidneys and the doctors told her her kidneys will fail at some time in the future... What a kick in the teeth. I find this REALLY cute girl who actually *likes* me and she may not even be around for much longer...

Just my luck.

Later that night I bought a raffle ticket, cause the girl who was selling them was cute and friendly. Not expecting to win a damn thing...

I won 50 dollars.

Go figure.
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 07:38:57 AM »

I hope you're not tossing this girl away because she has bad kidneys...I mean, shit Draz, life isn't guaranteed for anyone.  You could die tomorrow.  (I say this because of your lack of sensitivity with your "just my luck" comment)

I hope you can look past the fact she has bad kidneys and have a great relationship together (if you really do like her that much).  You should consider yourself lucky that you've found a great person that you enjoy and enjoys you.

And from a mathmatically-handicapped person, congrats on the math class  biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 08:54:40 AM »

"Some time in the future" could mean ANYTHING man, don't let that get in the way.  And that's just for her kidneys to fail, she'll still be alive and hittable with dialysis or a transplant.

So, you won $50, got a turkey day date with a cute chick, and passed your albatross-like math class...some 'bad' luck, hehe.
Drazzil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 03:22:27 PM »

Oh hell no, Im not going to give up on the cute girl. I am most DEFINITELY going to roll with this and take her on that date. Im not nearly that shallow.
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 11:21:03 PM »

You spellled "weird" incorrectly.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 03:16:32 AM »

Quote from: "Belgedin"

hehe, was debating pointing that out. Especially noticeable when it's in all caps. The power of college education, eh Drazz?  Tongue

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 04:46:55 PM »

And ironically, you misspelled "spelled".
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

This is a great setup. Can't wait for the followup posts Drazzil!

(honestly I hope things go well, but I hope they are entertaining as well)
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 04:54:12 PM »

Quote from: "El Guapo"

And ironically, you misspelled "spelled".

It's a Internet Law - whenever someone posts a correcttion to someone's spelling or grammar, there will inevitably be an error in *that* post as well. smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: