http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 10:08:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the point of ordering 1 day shipping from newegg.com.  (Read 1715 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2005, 11:20:46 PM »

When they take 2+ days just to get it packaged?! Just venting here but has anyone else had problems with newegg? This is my first purchase from them, geforce 6600 256mb with over night fedex, ordered yesterday, went to step 3 last night, all day today it's been on step 4 and no signs of it going out today. That leaves the possiblity of it going out tomorrow and not getting here until FRIDAY.
I'm just wondering why the hell I did the fedex 1 day shipping thinking I'd be playing Battlefield 2 TODAY and they still haven't even SHIPPED IT YET!! BASTARDS!

Calming down now.. Email to newegg asking for confirmation it was going out today goes unanswered as well.
I can definitely say this is the first, and the last time, I'll be ordering from newegg.com
Besides, who the hell names their company after an egg?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 11:47:06 PM »

Sometimes tracking doesn't keep up with the reality of where the package is.May not be the case here but I've seen that scenario dozens of times. I have no idea about New Egg personally.

Ye Olde Farte
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 12:02:16 AM »

I've ordered from NewEgg extensively and have had nothing but good luck.  I'd call this a fluke.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 12:08:33 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I've ordered from NewEgg extensively and have had nothing but good luck.  I'd call this a fluke.

I agree that its a fluke.  I just ordered an Evga 6600gt card ($149 after $15 rebate) yesterday at 10:20pm and it was packaged and shipped out at 4:30pm.  I used the cheap shipping though, so it will be here on Friday.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 12:54:35 AM »

I put in an order Monday with the cheap shipping and it will be here Friday according to FedEx.  I'm not sure what your issue is, but they have always been fast when I've ordered and I've ordered quite a bit.  They keep you well-updated via e-mail so I am surprised you had not heard more about your shipment yet.  I've already recieved three e-mails (order placed, order shipped, and a final invoice.

I had good luck with ZipZoomFly.com when NewEgg was out of a part I needed so that might be another place to check.  Otherwise I usually buy from NewEgg.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:56:40 AM »

Yeah, I almost always get damn near same day shipping from New Egg.  I ordered a huge order of computer parts a few years ago at 4:30 pm EST and damn if the entire order wasn't on my doorstep at noon the next day.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 01:10:53 AM »

Had great service from newegg when I built my rig a year ago.  Was there, perhaps, a run on the card do a great sale price that might've put them a little understocked?  Just a thought.

I'm currently growing more and more pissed with DeepDiscountDVD.  Ordered a Father's Day gift on the 17th.  Got shipping confirmation on the 18th with a tracking number and estimated arrival date of the 20th-23rd.

The tracking for the package shows that USPS received the electronic shipping info yesterday, and that the package was processed today.  Gonna be real hard to make a deadline of the 23rd, I reckon.  Will be calling DeepDiscountDVD in the morning and raising hell.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:37:29 AM »

Let us know when you get it! :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 02:31:27 AM »

That's kind of what I was assuming considering how popular newegg is. I looked at the status page and it went up to step 5 (forgot they were in a different time zone than me) and says it's on schedule for tomorrow at 3pm. I went out and got the Battlefield 2 DVD tonight too, and having it sitting here not being able to play it is something no man should have to do.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 02:53:13 AM »

i wouldn''t be surprised if it shows up on your doorstep right on time tomorrow.  like dbt said, their website's tracking info sometimes lags behind a little, and Newegg is probably the most reliable online retailer i've dealth with...great service every time i've ordered from them Cool.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 03:53:41 AM »

NewEgg's great but you ordered a brand new game at the last minute from a site that isn't really a software site.  They are very good about taking stuff they have in stock and getting it out the door immediately.  They probably didn't get Battlefield 2 in until sometime yesterday at the earliest.

Why did you order off NewEgg if you could just buy it locally?

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 04:05:34 AM »

He didn't buy BF2, he bought a video card so he could run the game.  At least, that's how I read it.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 04:09:48 AM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
He didn't buy BF2, he bought a video card so he could run the game.  At least, that's how I read it.

It is indeed:
Quote from: "corruptrelic"
This is my first purchase from them, geforce 6600 256mb with over night fedex...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 05:20:38 AM »

Sorry. :oops:

My bad.  Too much Battlefield, I guess.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 01:53:48 PM »

I have nothing but love for newegg.  My problem is that I have a hard time with waiting LOL.

They have always sent out everything on time and no delay.  From all my parts for my computer a couple years ago and the digital camera, plus DVD burner etc.

You can't beat the price local 9 times out of 10 so I am content.

Again my problem in general is just sitting there watching the ship tracking day in day out until whatever I ordered gets here  :evil:

This is for anything I purchase online.  Right now I am one tracked on my BF2 order from compusa.  It left Dallas, TX this morning at 1:30 am and should be here tomorrow  :twisted:

Problem is though I will check the tracking about 100 times today LOL

Pig
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 04:21:06 PM »

Yeah Battlefield will do that to you. It's torture having the battlefield 2 dvd sitting by your computer and knowing you can't even play it until the new video card comes in. Less than 3 hours until 3pm and the wait is killing me.

Same way pig, even though it says it's "Out for delivery" I've checked the tracking page 3 times like something's going to change!

Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 04:52:40 PM »

I've ordered dozens of parts from Newegg over the years, and never had a ny problem shipping (but only used standard ground, never 1 day).

Hope you get your card soon. I'm getting ready to order a 6600GT as well.  The price is just perfect, and will be replacing a venerable, but trusty, GF4 4600.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 05:03:08 PM »

So, how long will it take you to install?  Will that add significantly to the wait?
I suspect you have the machine open, the old card ready to pull (or already pulled?)

Just wondering...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 11:13:02 PM »

Make sure you uninstall the old video card drivers before removing the old card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: