http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 04:34:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's The Coolest Thing You've Ever Seen?  (Read 640 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »

For me, it was visiting Oklahoma a few years ago for a job interview and seeing all the mountains along the way.

Being in South Florida all my life (where there's a house every inch and no open land) it was truly a sight to behold. Still regret turning down that job offer.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »

Nobody should ever regret turning down Oklahoma.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »

A long time ago, I was on a boat trip in Indonesia (near Bali) and we stopped for the night at a tiny island privately owned by the tour company.  We decided to take a walk around the island one night, and as we walked on the beach we noticed that the sand was starting to light up around our feet with every step.  There were some kind of bioluminescent plankton mixed in with the sand.  We then tried tossing handfuls of sand out into the water, and wherever it hit the water would light up.

A few days later we had to disembark at night and we took rowboats out from the main ship.  The constant agitation of the boats & oars moving through the water left an incredibly bright glowing trail of luminescence in our wake.

Other contenders
  • Flying over Monterey, CA in the glass-front nose of a B-17
  • The Saturn V rocket at the Kennedy Space Center
  • Seeing the northern lights while in the air en-route to Alaska
  • Hiking in Hawaii (big island) to an active lava flow and then poking at the lava and picking it up with a stick
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »

walking past a scrap yard with a friend on our way home from watching Tombstone at the cinema,talking about the movie and it was Thundering and Lightning(and raining),and Lightning struck down and hit a car about 20-30ft from us.....we both looked at each other and said Holy Shit at the same time and ran all the way home

All i can remember is seeing the lightning fork hitting the car and extending all the way to the heavens,i was only 16 or so at the time(1992-3 ish),and i only thought those type of lightning strikes happened in the movies(maybe Tombstone for one)

Maybe i have seen other things just as cool,but that is the one thing that sticks in my mind,and may of even been the start of realising just how awesome and destructive Nature can be

Also,needs to be noted that in Manchester at least,we very rarely get cool lightning storms...at a place where that is common,i guess it probably happens all the time

'Raiders of the Lost Ark' is up there as well Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »

I did a night dive off the of the Big Island of Hawaii where Manta Rays are swimming all around you.  15 feet wide animals gliding within inches of your face.  It was amazing.  Here's a video I took (actually it's my wife filming):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqSEskxmryg&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:35:38 PM by leo8877 » Logged
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »

Years ago we had some freezing rain.  There was ice everywhere.  Once the rain stopped the clouds cleared and it became very sunny.  I owned a van at the time and my roomate and I were headed out in the van.  The sun had begun to melt the sheet of ice that was on top of my van and when I stopped at a light, the momentum change caused the sheet of ice to slide forward off the top of the van and down in front of the windshield.  The ice shattered into 1000's of pieces as it hit the vans hood and the resulting bright sunlight cause a burst of rainbow like colors flashing from the pieces of ice.  It was amazing, kind of like someone exploded a rainbow across the hood of my van.   

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »

This:

And this:

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:14 PM »

After watching and reading about paratroopers during WWII, my 10th jump was an actual combat drop in 2003. I was in awe of how precise and coordinated a night drop is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »

Flying over Monterey, CA in the glass-front nose of a B-17

Years ago they used to do Jimmy Doolittle flyovers with B-17s, they would fly around Monterey (were he lived until he died) and one year several of them returned afterwards to the Fresno airport. We went out and watched them come in low over the winery property to land at the airport.

Damn that was cool....and they seemed amazingly slow.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »

REFORGER 90

Standing behind a Tank line watching a company of M1 Abrams and Apache Gunship unload targets down range

Awesome display of fire-power
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:25:09 AM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Gromit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on February 19, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Oklahoma's not that bad.  Couple of hours from Dallas-Ft Worth, reasonably low cost of living, minimal Obama-drones, and I'm pulling in six figures.  What's not to like?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on February 21, 2013, 08:27:11 AM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

but I have not yet gone to college
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

Quote from: Gromit on February 21, 2013, 03:10:31 PM

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on February 19, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Oklahoma's not that bad.  Couple of hours from Dallas-Ft Worth, reasonably low cost of living, minimal Obama-drones, and I'm pulling in six figures.  What's not to like?

can only get good beer warm unless at bar. but its way better than it was in the 90s when guiness and moosehead were the only imports at bars smile

too many sally kerns trying to shove their religion down my throat.

still dont mind living here but like Norman since its a college town.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »

Standing at the Dr.'s shoulder as my little girl was being birthed. She came out sunny side up.(face first, looking up)As she took her first slide ride and came out I shouted its a GIRL!!! the Dr. looked at me and said, "hey, that's my job".
But seriously in a life with a ton of "moments" the birth of my 3 children is always at the top.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 21, 2013, 03:20:55 PM

Quote from: Turtle on February 21, 2013, 08:27:11 AM

but I have not yet gone to college

Too late for that.  It's time to die.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: