http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 03:56:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's The Coolest Thing You've Ever Found?  (Read 281 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »

Like found. Walking around...and there it was on the ground...or in your parent's house and in the attic was the Declaration of Independence. Things like that.

I tend not to find many things...but the one that stands out the most  is when I was in 1st or 2nd grade walking to school...and there on the ground, dead center in the sidewalk was an Admiral Ackbar action figure with his staff.  I still have him in the attic with the rest of my SW toys, but as I never really cared for the character and always thought he looked like a turd,  I pretended that his power was to shoot poop out of the back of his head.   retard
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »

My Marine unit went to Iwo Jima in 1999. I took home some sand (which was still black), empty shells of every variety, and a broken Japanese sword hilt.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »

USMC: The ultimate travel agency.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »

When I was a kid I found a large quartz crystal with a pine needle (I think) inside it which now that I think about it seems pretty amazing.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »

I found a really nice pair of gloves in a parking lot a couple of weeks ago. They're practically new and look kind of expensive.

When I was a little tyke I crawled into our house's attic crawlspace and found an antique gun. It was some kind of small-bore rifle with side-by-side octagonal barrels and twin hammers and triggers. It probably dated to the early 1900s. Unfortunately that heavy shootin' iron was rusted beyond redemption and I think my parents ultimately threw it away.

I was always on the lookout for fossils and arrowheads and I found a few, but I don't remember any specifically.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »

My mojo. Yeah, babee!

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 05:13:35 PM »

A few years ago I was hiking with some acquaintances in the middle of nowhere in Vermont.  We were just turning back from our trek, when I spotted what seemed to be a military ammo box tucked  away underneath a hollowed out tree stump.  Curiosity took hold and we opened it up, and it turned out to be a big geocaching stash.  I was the only one in the group who had heard of geocaching before, so the whole concept (and the treasure) was just a huge marvel for everyone.  We dug through all the neat stuff, signed the logbook, found an item we wanted to take, and went through our own belongings to find something to put in the cache in return.  

It turned an otherwise ordinary hike into a memorable one, and several in the group turned into avid geocaching fans.

Option B)

On the way home from that same trip, a bunch of us stopped by a neat looking antique shop in a barn.  One item really stood out, some kind of really old wooden briefcase that opened up to reveal a bunch of wires and electronic gizmos.  The shop owner told us it must be some kind of old radio.  Someone in our party knew better.  It was an antique electric vibrator, used in the 1800s for treating women with hysteria.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: