http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I'm back (with Pics)  (Read 780 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:55:16 PM »

For those who didn't notice Tongue , I was gone since Sep 22nd getting married and on the honeymoon.
The wedding was nearly perfect.  Only one thing went wrong, and it was really minor.  The DJ played our dance song during the unity candle lighting.  So we just swapped out songs.

Our wedding was an outdoor wedding, and that day it was forcasted with gusts of winds in the 20-30 mph range.  Somehow as soon as the wedding started the winds calmed. 

That morning I woke up with butterflies in my stomach, and it quickly went away.  I kept waiting to become nervous, but nothing happened.  I was calm all day and before the wedding ceremony.  That really surprised me.  I was actually more nervous on saying my toast than getting married.  I'm glad it was this way, it let me focus on the moment.

We spent about 1.5 hours taking pictures with the wedding party.  Erin and I didn't want to see each other before the wedding so we had scheduled to take more pictures between the ceremony and reception and the next day.  That kinda sucked, because she had to get her hair done again and put on the dress again.  But it was nice.  While we were at the park the next day, there was another wedding going on, and a bystander told us that Erin's dress was more beautiful smile

The wedding started a little late due to people arriving late because of a traffic accident.

The ceremony went perfectly until we got to the wedding vows.  It should have been really easy since we're just repeating after the pastor.  Well, one of the vows were "I will never laugh at you, only with you" (something like that).  We were practicing them in the "groom's" room and I was jokingly saying, "I will always laugh at you, never with you".  Well it came time to say the vows for real, and I slipped.  I actually said the lines that I said in the "groom's room"

This is her reaction...

I had the whole audience laughing, and it took me a second to realize what I had said.

The ceremony went quick and we were both kinda shocked how fast it went and realized we were now married smile

After pictures we headed to the reception.  My side of the family are huge football/sports fans, so I thought it would be cool to have the groomsmen where NFL jerseys over their Tuxedos and the bridesmaids to have pom poms.  We had them introduced and they formed a human tunnel  (like you see the cheerleaders do at football games) while having the FOX NFL theme song played.  After everyone was announced, we ran through the tunnel.  It was a blast.

After that everything was a blur.  The time went by so fast.  The reception started at 6:30 or so, and by 9pm people were leaving.  We had a lot of families with kids, so people were dropping like flies.  By 10pm it was just the wedding party.  So we ended early, and helped clean up a little.  We made our way up to the suite, and spent at least 30 mins taking apart Erin's hair.  Holy shit, that was crazy.   Our wedding party went up to our room and decorated the room with rose pedals, and drew up a bath for us.    After having a little fun, we got to bed by 1am exhausted.

The next day was just as busy, we went to lunch, took Erin to Ulta to get her hair done, I went home to get some stuff done, and picked her up.  We both got back into the tux and wedding dress and headed to the park to take more pictures.  Went back to Erin's parents house and opened up our wedding gifts.  Went home around 10pm, only to realize Erin forgot her make up so we drove back to her house.  Of course this means Erin has to talk with the family once again, and we ended up leaving at 10:45 and arrived at my house around 11pm.  I didn't take my house keys or phone since Erin had her house keys with her.  Well, she left them on the counter back at her parents house.  So once again we drove back.  I'm getting pissed, cuz I'm tired, and we still had to pack and get to bed since we have to be up by 3:30 am for the airport.  We drive back pick up the keys, and head home.  We didn't get to bed till 12:30.  So we had 3 hours of sleep, and it's difficult to sleep on the plane, so we just crashed when we got to the hotel.

At the time it wasn't really funny, but now that we look bad we laugh and wondered how did we survive without fighting smile

So now the honeymoon.

We went to Maui and stayed at the embassy suites.  We check in and found out they upgraded our room since they found out we were on our honeymoon.  We had a great deal to begin with.  Erin's father had a timeshare with them, and he gave us a owner referral package, where it's basically $150 a night for 5 nights, and they pay for the rental car.  We also learn that they have complimentary breakfast (and I mean it's the works, so much food) and complimentary cocktails from 4pm to 6pm.  Well they upgraded our rooms for free and we ended up staying in one of the newly remodeled suites on the top floor (12th floor) with an ocean view.  We find out these rooms are worth $700 a night, we paid $150 a night.  Here was our view...

They also gave us two activity packages for free.  We were only supposed to have one, but they gave us another.  Not only that, we did the timeshare presentation and they gave us $100 in gift cards to use at restaurants, shops or hotel room incidentals.  We used that for Ruth's Chris (awesome steak by the way) and for the internet and a movie.  We end up going to the catamaran (snorkeling adventure) and a luau.  My parents bought us a dinner cruise.  We figured that was more than enough to occupy us, so basically we didn't have to pay for any excursions.

So here's what we did

Sunday - Slept and lounged
Monday - Went to the tropical plantation

-
-
Tuesday - Went to the Luau

-
-
Wednesday- Went to Haleakala Volcano

-
-
Thursday - Went to the catamaran and did some snorkeling at Molokini and went to Turtle Town.  On the way back we saw some dolphins.  Don't have pictures available for that at the moment
-
-
Friday - Went on a sunset dinner cruise

-
-
Saturday - Was exhausted and just stayed around the pool

Sunday was really crazy.  We had to take 4 different flights to get back home.

We got to the airport at 3pm and arrived home at 9:30 am the next day.

Anyways, now we are putting together the apartment, and working on the budget.  I was hoping this week would start to slow down, that's not going to happen.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:24:05 PM »

Big congrats to you and Erin!! If you didn't know it before, you obviously picked a winner, considering that she laughed at your slip-up with the vows instead of kneeing you in the balls for ruining her "special day".

I was in Maui in June and it is an incredibly gorgeous place.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
depward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

That's awesome - sounds like you had an excellent time.  That football idea for your wedding sounded fun!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:51:28 PM »

Congrats to you and yours!  Of course, you now have a valid (and vowed) excuse if you ever want to laugh at her. :smile:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 08:44:25 PM »

Congrats!  Man those pictures make me want to take a trip...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 09:30:41 PM »

The eyes give you all away as just having shambled in off the street looking for some brains.

O.M.G..hubba hubba that is HOT.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »

my brother got married last year, and wanted to do something very similar at his reception.  He's a big basketball fan, and really wanted them to introduce the wedding party, like it was the beginning of a Pistons game.  He got scared though and was afraid of making his new wifes parents even more angry at him.  There were already issues with him getting married.

it was amusing that her grandparents on her moms side actually refused to sit at her families table, and sat at my families table.  Wierd-o Southern Baptist people.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 01:41:16 PM »

A big congrats to you and Erin, Ken!  icon_biggrin

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »

Best wishes man! (If you mail us all cake you might get presentation. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 02:07:29 PM »

Congrats and best of luck on your new future as a family

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: