http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 10:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEIRD phone line problem  (Read 735 times)
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2004, 12:36:45 AM »

I get home from work today and my wife says our phone line is dead. The phone bill isn't late, and it's several days before it's due to be paid.

I call our home number from a cell phone and what I hear is a "tone" that sound's like a fax line or modem tone would. I have no pc's or fax machine's hooked up to any of my outlets.

Is it possible to have my phone line "hijacked" by someone using it other than me?

:?:  :?:  :?:
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 01:04:42 AM »

If you have a phone off the hook your line will go dead after they play the nasty "phone off the hook" signal for a while. Sometimes our phone line gets like this (and not always from something really being off the hook). If I go around and take all the phones off the hook,  one by one, and re-hang them up, it fixes the problem.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 04:31:45 AM »

Ours was messed up today also. It rang really early this morning but no one was on it when we answered and our caller ID listed the caller and RING hehehe. Later today we would pick it up and hear other people's conversations. We were finally able to get through to the phone company and they sent out a truck. Somehow the lines on the pole had gotten crossed and we were hearing the phone calls for people in a trailer park down the road from us.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: