http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:32:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WB & UPN to merge  (Read 913 times)
Fireball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 24, 2006, 06:33:30 PM »

Read all about it.

The network that brought us bad Star Trek spin offs and Top Models is merging with the home of 7th Heaven and Smallville to create a new network that... will still fail to challenge the Big Four.

My question is what happens to cities with affiliates for both. In Dallas is it UPN 21 or WB 33 that's going to get the shaft?

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

suck + suck = more suck
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »

Seems like only yesterday that we (fireball, whiteboyskim and I) were doing a full-page spread on the launching of these two networks and how they were gonna battle it out to take on the majors.

Now they're banding together to stay afloat.  My how times have changed.

I'm lookin' at the merger as a mostly good thing.  We should see the bottom feeders from both networks (mostly the half-hour comedies) fall by the wayside and maybe the the truly good stuff (Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls) can finally take off.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

The question is, are we going ot get the best of both, or the worst of both?

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »

Well, just look at the G4/TechTV merger...
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 02:25:29 AM »

Indications are  that the three shows I care about on WB and UPN (Smallville, Supernatural, and Veronica Mars) are safe so I'm fine with this news.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 03:49:02 AM »

Veronica Mars should really benefit from this.  I know there's alot of people who can't watch it(on broadcast tv) even if they wanted to since UPN isn't available in alot of places.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 04:34:17 AM »

The only show I watch on either network is Veronica Mars.  If the merger helps keep that show on TV, then I'm rooting for it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 02:37:19 PM »

As long as Gilmore Girls finishes properly I am fine with it. no big deal. In fact, I actually think this might help the next iteration of Star Trek as long as they dont try to do some sort of stupid ass "young person" emo high school bullshit series. Put it on at 9, make it a grown up series, and you ahve twice the potential vewiers from other shows. I like it.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 03:54:51 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

Zing!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 04:19:37 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

that was hardly a merger...they took everything that was good about TechTV and threw it away, then proceeded to make all the G4 content even worse.  it was nothing more than an attempt to steal TechTV's audience.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 09:13:59 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
As long as Gilmore Girls finishes properly I am fine with it. no big deal. In fact, I actually think this might help the next iteration of Star Trek as long as they dont try to do some sort of stupid ass "young person" emo high school bullshit series. Put it on at 9, make it a grown up series, and you ahve twice the potential vewiers from other shows. I like it.

Star Trek: Starfleet Acadamy

Genius!  The episodes almost write themselves!  In fact I bet I could just steal scripts from Saved by the Bell and it'd be picked up for sure!

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 12:23:37 AM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"
Quote from: "Calvin"
In fact, I actually think this might help the next iteration of Star Trek as long as they dont try to do some sort of stupid ass "young person" emo high school bullshit series. Put it on at 9, make it a grown up series, and you ahve twice the potential vewiers from other shows. I like it.

Genius!  The episodes almost write themselves!  In fact I bet I could just steal scripts from Saved by the Bell and it'd be picked up for sure!

ROFL

Man, I remember watching Saved by the Bell way back when. Would make one goofy Star Trek show though. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 06:11:53 AM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"

You know, I could see that kinda working...

Zach would be the dashing young stud destined to captain a starship.
Jessie'd have to be the token Betazed that just wants to communicate with everything 'cause it all has feelings.
Slater's jockish ways translate easily to being the brash yet loveable Klingon.
Lisa could be the Vulcan science officer whose logic just won't let her pass-up a good sale on designer shoes.
Kelly's rightful place is as the hot doesn't-really-matter-she's-just-here-for-T&A.
And Screech would be the alien bartender/cook that's inexplicably annoying, yet shows up in every damn episode.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: