http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 03:10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ways to end Piracy  (Read 2886 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2005, 03:12:47 AM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my Atari Rebirth project.  You haven't played Dead or Alive until you've played it with a really hard to move joystick with one button.  Sixteen on-screen colors brought to you in crystal sharp 192p high def.  Just wait till you see just how much 1.19 MHz of pure power can bring to the table.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2005, 03:25:36 AM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my Atari Rebirth project.  You haven't played Dead or Alive until you've played it with a really hard to move joystick with one button.  Sixteen on-screen colors brought to you in crystal sharp 192p high def.  Just wait till you see just how much 1.19 MHz of pure power can bring to the table.

IN??!!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2005, 04:17:34 AM »

Quote from: "The General"
So the bottom line here, its all about the future. If i cant bring back the dreamcast and bring out more games for the system and keep it going, then i will shift my attention to the PC AREA, because i do not want to make games for xbox 360 and ps3.

That's hilarious.  "Its [sic] all about the future."  Then you talk about bringing the Dreamcast back.

Hey, serious question, have you ever made a game?

TheMissingLink on PSN
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2005, 06:24:17 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"

Hey, serious question, have you ever made a game?

I'm not making the dreamcast games, if the plan happens, thats what other people are for, i'm just the brain and idea behind the games.

Anyway to answer your question, i made 4 fighting games from the mugen engine, that will be release once my site is finsh and i am working on a FPS shooter using another game engine and i am working on some exclusive fighting games using a another engine that is not mugen, i rather not say what it is, because i have no plans to share the engine, just the games.

I also like to edit stuff and make more levels and stuff. I use to be on one of the top 4X4 Evolution 1 & 2 Teams years ago, i went by the name LegendaryU2K on the game severs/rooms and i was on the second best team on both severs, and i made over 20 trucks.

There is a site out there, if you want to check them out, i think its call values or something like that. I have plans to rejoin the severs and see whats up and maybe join another team and be one of the best.

Peace.

Alot of people still remember me on the severs too,  and i shared alot of personal information on the severs, hahaha back then, it was peaceful and alot of fun on the 4x4 servers, so i will be back.

Most of my close internet friends was up there.  biggrin

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
unbreakable
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2005, 02:19:10 AM »

Whats IMO?

In my opinion.

But yall keep trying to compare dreamcast to the newer systems, i'm not trying to do that and thats why i risen up the question about Would you still buy more dreamcast games if time went into them and they was good quality titles

The reason people keep talking about it is because, all things considered, it will probably take the same amount of effort releasing a DC game as an XB360 game (or pretty close).  However, there will be a huge profit imbalance.  The current generation is where the real money is at.

Sure, you can probably make a few hundred releasing SNES games (for example), but you could make hundreds of thousands (or more) making GBA or DS games.
---

Anyhow, I saw this article today and though of you.  Apparently there IS still a DC market, it just isnt the HOME market.  

If you make a ton of cash, just remember who gave you the good advice, okay?

Specifically, Stinger reports that Capcom is poised to show the (for now) arcade-exclusive Street Fighter 4, though the specifics offered by the UK-based game-guessers leave a lot to be desired. The report claims that the game - a completely unknown and unannounced title - will hit Sammy’s AtomisWave coin-op platform, the outdated Dreamcast-based machines which are these days charged with Pachinko routines more often than high-profile game releases.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2005, 02:33:25 AM »

Would you still buy more dreamcast games if time went into them and they was good quality titles

I'd love to see more Dreamcast games.  But why would anybody buy them when they are as easy to download as a PC ISO?

I guess that's where your anti-piracy measures come in...

Do yourself a favor and stick to developing for the PC.  Anybody (including you!) can develop for the PC with virtually no initial startup costs.  I'll buy your game, but only if you autograph the box.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2005, 04:00:34 AM »

Would you still buy more dreamcast games if time went into them and they was good quality titles

Was a big fan of the Dreamcast.  Still am.  The innovations in game style and play on that box were absolutely incredible, and Sega is one of my favorite developers because of it.

That being said, if I'm going to spend $50 on a Dreamcast game, the gameplay will have to be logarithmically better than the gameplay of what I'm spending $50 on for the XBox 360 or Revolution.  Not because I'm a graphics whore, but if the gameplay is remotely close, the eye-candy is as good a deciding factor as any.

Now, if we're talkin' $10 games for the DC whose gameplay is on par with those of the current gen (whenever that happens to be), I might could see myself purchasing a few.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2005, 04:52:58 AM »

oh wow, so I guess the way to crack down on piracy is to.....bring back the old game systems?

I've got nothing constructive to add....
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2005, 07:58:06 AM »

^^^^^ LOL, calm down lex, and see you in smallville season 5.  Cool  

Anyway, 50 dollar dc games ROFL. CrayolaSmoker you dont have to worry about them being 50 bucks, hell i'm cheap alright and i never spend 50 dollars on a game, my limit is = 25 bucks, might hit 30 , all depends on what game/GTA Games, yes, 35 bucks is my limit. But thats rare, real rare. I felt cheated and violated after buying NFL2K5 at blockbuster.

NFL2K5 is the best football game on the planet, but as i mention, i am cheap and right now NFL2K5 is 7.99 at ebgames, i should of waited, but all my friends was like, go out and get it, so i did.

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2005, 11:52:19 AM »

I don't understand how you feel cheated after buying "the best football game on the planet" for only $20.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2005, 06:07:07 PM »

I feel "violated" being subjected to your crap, to be blunt, but Ron says thats the way it goes, so I deal with it. Perhaps you should apply that same reasoning to ESPN NFL 2K5.

Oh, Attatude loaned me these:  :roll:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: