http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 06:00:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waterworld Remake  (Read 702 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »

Okay,I remember everyone was really expecting the movie to be shit when it was first released in 1995,at the time it was the most expensive movie ever made at $175million(which is nothing nowadays),and when the movie was released,sure it was semi-crap but i think a lot of people were expecting worse,i do admit i watch it every now and then when it is on

The movie made $260+million worldwide,maybe because people wanted to see this 'biggest flop ever'

Anyway,i am getting away from the topic on hand

They are up for remaking it,SyFy disgust want to remake it,but are in two minds whether to make it a TV series(would be a better idea) or a Movie remake(on SyFy channel this is a terrible idea...i watched the Moby Dick remake with Barry Bostwick the other day,hilarious dog shit!!,just like all the other SyFy 'great but terrible' movies)

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/notorious-kevin-costner-flop-waterworld-to-get-a/292330

The link says the original movie cost $235million to make,where as Box Office Mojo says $175,it was the 175 figure i remember from the 90s when it was released

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

Waterworld may have not been a successful movie, but what it did for waterproof toupees should guarantee it's place in history.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »

I actually enjoyed the movie, but holy crap, it is NOT a film worthy of a remake.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »

I'm personally pulling for a Howard the Duck remake. But I'm sure they will mess it all up and use CGI instead of the incredibly real looking puppets and midgets in costumes from the original.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:51 PM »

I credit the movie for 2 things: 
1.  Teaching me that drinking pee is a survival option if I'm ever stranded on a boat
2.  Waverunners can go underwater and then launch up and out like a surfacing submarine

If the remake can be as educational as Kevin Costner's version, I'm all for it.  He had 2 good ones back to back with Waterworld and The Postman.  How could Kostner do that to Will Patton? 
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »

When I first saw waterworld I was like 'this ain't so bad'.

Rewatched it in the past 2 or 3 years and it sucked. Sucked bad.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:50:23 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 28, 2012, 07:09:51 PM

1.  Teaching me that drinking pee is a survival option if I'm ever stranded on a boat

Please.  Like you don't go down that road if you're in line at the DMV even...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:06:31 AM »

See, bad movies are the ones you should remake. There are lots of movies that started with an interesting idea but failed on execution. Really bad movies shouldn't be remade, though. There's no turning Solarbabies into a good movie.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 05:56:54 AM »

Remaking one of the most expensive movies with a small budget like Syfy has doesn't sound like a great idea.  icon_lol And yeah, I think sometimes it's better to leave things dead. I wonder why they think it's a good idea.

Might make for a better miniseries though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:59:40 AM by Rumpy » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on November 29, 2012, 05:56:54 AM

Remaking one of the most expensive movies with a small budget like Syfy has doesn't sound like a great idea.  icon_lol And yeah, I think sometimes it's better to leave things dead. I wonder why they think it's a good idea.

They haven't had a good idea since the monumentally bad one to change their name so it reads more like a nickname for syphilis.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 29, 2012, 01:03:24 PM

They haven't had a good idea since the monumentally bad one to change their name so it reads more like a nickname for syphilis.

*sigh* man...back in the day when they used to show Sealab, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, and all those old classics, I would have Sci-Fi on for HOURS every day. Then you'd get MST3K-worthy films on the weekends. Remember the anime fests they used to have on Saturday mornings? I miss those days.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 29, 2012, 01:03:24 PM

Warehouse 13, Haven and Alphas have all been good.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »

SyFy is the home for Fact or Faked for me,i love that show  icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »

Remaking this IMO is a good idea - especially if they rewrite major chunks of the script. On the other hand, SciFy having anything to do with it is a bad, bad idea.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 04:12:19 AM »

given the crappy cheap production values for anything on syfy not set in a warehouse, I expect the water scenes will be shot at the Y. 

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 04:36:29 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 30, 2012, 04:12:19 AM

given the crappy cheap production values for anything on syfy not set in a warehouse, I expect the water scenes will be shot at the Y. 

You know what. If they shot this entire thing inside a YMCA pool, and made it obvious they were doing so, I'd probably tune in.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 06:01:16 AM »

Haha, yeah, actually that'd be hilarious. Waterworld done on a smaller scale. Zoom back at the end to show a swimming pool.  icon_lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: