http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 04:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watched Clone Wars vol1 - yup, HOLY CRAP!  (Read 3767 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:19:34 AM »

George Lucas should retire and hand the series over to the creator of Samurai Jack because after watching The Clone Wars Vol. 1 tonight I bore witness to the lightning in a bottle that is the Star Wars magic. I agree with a lot of fans that it was too short, and as such feels really spastic because it covers a lot of ground in a small amount of time, but when that's the worst you can say then they've done something right. The show was fantastic, with truly awesome villains continued or introduced, memorable Jedi ass-whipping moments (Obi-Wan in stormtrooper gear, Mace Windu's entire episode, Anakin's battle) and outright heart-stopping shock at the introduction of General Grievous.

Little wonder the Jedi were massacred - they had to face Count Dooku, General Grievous, the Emperor, and Anakin Skywalker more or less at the same time. With all that coming at them, I'm stunned Obi-Wan and Yoda actually made it out. smile I can only hope that in ROTS we get to see General Grievous in full beat-down mode because sweet merciful crap... :shock:

After the wife finishes with The Amazing Race I'm going to check out the "Bridging the Saga" doc and hell, I might even watch the whole thing again.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:48:59 AM »

You are watching the next season of episodes which are being show this week on Cartoon Network aren't you????

If not, you can watch the episodes the day after they show by clicking here.

I enjoy it as much or more as my sons.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 03:17:55 AM »

No I wasn't, I had planned to watch them this Saturday night at 7 p.m. CST on Cartoon Network when they'll show all 5 back-to-back. biggrin But thanks for the link!

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 04:24:32 AM »

I just got home from a best buy run. I came home empty handed :cry:

Its pretty amazing what some fresh talent can do to the star wars universe. Such a rich tapestry of history has been formed by fans throughout the decades that Im almost counting the seconds till Lucas' death, and the release of the subject matter from Lucasarts. What was packed (masterfully) into episode 21 almost overrides the damage the two films did. It introduces a new baddie, shows Aniken's knighting and adds a romance effect Lucas could have never done.  It managed to cover alot of the gap between 2&3 that couldve taken Lucas a movie in itself, and in 12 friggen minutes.

In short, face=rocked.

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:25:36 AM »

I agree, these cartoons are just fantastic.  I watched half of the DVD tonight, and I'll probably finish the other half tomorrow.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 06:40:07 AM »

Buying tomorrow!!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 07:16:43 AM »

Wanted to rent the DVD, but I couldn't find the damn thing. I'm going to take another look tomorrow, and I plan on watching all of the episodes in one sitting.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 01:47:43 PM »

OK.  This stuff is all new news to me.  

If I were to go to BestBuy or to Blockbuster (to rent), and I want to watch this whole thing from the beginning, what am I looking for exactly?

I clicked on the link you gave warning, which clues me in it's a cartoon and there are multiple seasons, correct?

What specific title am I looking for in a dvd?

Thanks.

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 04:28:27 PM »

I've never heard of this before, but am now stopping at Best Buy on the way home!!!

JERKS!!!! :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 05:57:40 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
If I were to go to BestBuy or to Blockbuster (to rent), and I want to watch this whole thing from the beginning, what am I looking for exactly?

Booya.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 06:27:22 PM »

I must have watched General Grievous in action a dozen times last night. If they show him delivering a massive beating to anyone in ROTS, then the crowd might go nuts with geek glee. biggrin Also, I had to do a freeze frame on it but I caught the blink-and-you-miss-it shots during Anakin's beat-down of the Sith warrior. The entire lightsaber fight with him was frickin' awesome, but the temple battle was especially grand, not to mention filled to the brim with foreshadowing. thumbsup

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 07:11:26 PM »

Thanks for that Amazon Link.

I AM getting this.

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 07:22:21 PM »

In the ROTS trailer, you can catch a glimpse of Grievous and Obi Wan duking it out.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 07:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
I must have watched General Grievous in action a dozen times last night. If they show him delivering a massive beating to anyone in ROTS, then the crowd might go nuts with geek glee. biggrin Also, I had to do a freeze frame on it but I caught the blink-and-you-miss-it shots during Anakin's beat-down of the Sith warrior. The entire lightsaber fight with him was frickin' awesome, but the temple battle was especially grand, not to mention filled to the brim with foreshadowing. thumbsup

That was no man, baby.  It's a female Sith!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 07:57:52 PM »

Quote from: "leo8877"

By "him" I meant Anakin, not the Sith female. smile

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 08:42:30 PM »

Hey guys-

It is on sale this week at Circuit City for $11.99.  That's where I got mine. smile

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 09:12:36 PM »

Quote from: "leo8877"

By "him" I meant Anakin, not the Sith female. smile

Oops!  :oops:
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 01:27:41 AM »

I couldn't find this any where tonight.  I hit Best Buy (2 locations), Circuit City, Fye's and they were all sold out.  I finally found a copy, the last one they had, at Tower Records.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 01:54:27 AM »

GOT IT !!!!

Will watch this weekend.

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 03:38:09 AM »

Best Buy - Sold out!!

CC Tomorrow!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 03:43:23 AM »

Holy Crap that Mace Windu episode  :shock:  Damn them for making me love star wars again...DAMN YOU!!!

Ascendent
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 05:01:22 AM »

Episode 23 is now out on the CN link. Nowhere near as good as 22, but a neccessary build up I suppose :o

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 04:59:06 PM »

This + KOTOR pretty much brought me back to the level of star wars love I was at before episode 1.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »

Quote from: "Crowley"
Episode 23 is now out on the CN link. Nowhere near as good as 22, but a neccessary build up I suppose :o

I am a Hyperspace member, so I am watching these every night too.  Damn they are fun.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 05:43:07 PM »

Quote from: "ChrisGwinn"
This + KOTOR pretty much brought me back to the level of star wars love I was at before episode 1.

Ditto.  I watched this last night and it was very well done.  Be sure to watch the Bridging the Saga special feature.  There's a guy in there who's about to wet his pants because he's so excited to be doing Star Wars work. smile
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2005, 05:53:08 AM »

Im still heavily miffed that, while they share the exact same genetics, the clone troopers kick roughly 10000000000 times more ass than Jango Fett ever did.

But I'd like to think the ass kick factor of all character are kicked up a knotch (BAM) by their distance from Lucas. Did yall see ep 23 with Mace? Holy crap!

warning

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2005, 12:12:30 PM »

Did yall see ep 23 with Mace? Holy crap!

Hand me my lightsaber.  It's the one that says "Bad Motherfucker" on it.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2005, 12:19:51 PM »

OK.  So my plan was to take that new DVD (Ep.1-20) and watch it over the weekend, right?

Last night I popped it in just to watch like Ep.1-4 or something, to whet my whistle, so to speak.

Well the DVD plays out like a movie, no breaks.  Before I knew it, I watched the whole thing.  All 20 episodes, done!

Thanks for the recommendations on this.  Loved it.

LD

LD

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2005, 03:24:36 PM »

Im still heavily miffed that, while they share the exact same genetics, the clone troopers kick roughly 10000000000 times more ass than Jango Fett ever did.

But I'd like to think the ass kick factor of all character are kicked up a knotch (BAM) by their distance from Lucas. Did yall see ep 23 with Mace? Holy crap!

I have to agree on this. My jaw hit the ground when that one trooper took out the droid tank single-handed, and the way he did it... :shock:

The commander with the dual pistols just rules, plain and simple. He'll dust tons of droids and blow up a massive gun turret, then casually spin his guns on his fingers then slap them back into their holsters. Love it! biggrin

I also get now why Anakin referred to Windu as the "powerful Master Windu" in Attack of the Clones. Whoa! biggrin

Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »

Hey is this something I can pick up at my local BlockBuster?

You guys have me interested in checking it out.

PIg
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2005, 07:09:32 PM »

It should be available for a rental.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2005, 09:01:09 PM »

Yeah it should be, it's a normal DVD.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2005, 08:59:56 AM »

Wow, the new episodes are cool as hell. I wish they were being broadcasted here in sucker Canada.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2005, 09:08:27 AM »

I finally got it today at BB, it was like 13 bucks.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2005, 12:16:10 AM »

I wanted to rent the DVD, but I picked the damn thing up at Future Shop. Gunna watch them all tonight after work.

And I want Volume 2 right now.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2005, 11:46:20 PM »

Man, the DVD works way better as one long show, as compared to the original breaks that the episodes had. I only wish a few of the eps got the ax (the Kit Fisto episode is pointless and the snow planet episodes needless) in exchange for a little more exposition and time with the Mace Windu segment, and maybe some more space battles. The Jousting was a little silly too. Good, good stuff though.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 12:20:28 AM »

I agree that the Mon Calamari ep was weak and just kind of "there" along with the snow planet one, but overall I loved it. Now, Vol 2 just kicked all kinds of holy ass watching it in one sitting Saturday night. For those who haven't seen General Grievous in action yet, you have no idea of the tremendous amount of coolness he is capable of. But as cool as he was, the one second that Mace Windu and him meet is jaw-droppingly cool. biggrin

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2005, 02:10:00 AM »

It's weird, I don't like the inclusion of Greivous. I feel like just a nerd for saying it, but I don't like it because something in me has a problem with him using a lightsaber (or two or three). He's not a Jedi, he's not a Sith. He's just a damn alien with a robot body - he shouldn't be able to successfully weild one. He's a cool alien with a cool robot body, but he still shouldn't have the skills.

He's like a silver monkey with a lightsaber.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 06:20:43 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
It's weird, I don't like the inclusion of Greivous. I feel like just a nerd for saying it, but I don't like it because something in me has a problem with him using a lightsaber (or two or three). He's not a Jedi, he's not a Sith. He's just a damn alien with a robot body - he shouldn't be able to successfully weild one. He's a cool alien with a cool robot body, but he still shouldn't have the skills.

He's like a silver monkey with a lightsaber.

*spoiler*

Thats why Mace Windu takes a chunk out of his ass when he crushes his chest with the force. I don't get why they were so intent on fighting him with the Saber I would of force pushed, crushed, tossed his ass around. But I guess they had to make him seem tough.

Ascendent
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 06:44:49 PM »

I think Grevious is bad ass.  I hope he's as cool in the movie as the cartoon made him out to be when fighting.  2,3,4 sabers?  Oh my!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: