http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 06:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING!!!! SURVIVOR IS ON TONIGHT!!! (3/16)  (Read 1124 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2005, 11:23:31 PM »

For you unfortunate folks that don't have a hi-tech recording device that will compensate when shows move from their normal time slots: beware!!

Survivor is TONIGHT, not Thursday!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 01:27:27 AM »

Can the loser tribe(the men are losers, not the women) stop the bleeding before it's too late? Or is it already too late?
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 05:19:43 AM »

Yeah, I found this out as I was randomly flipping through channels about half an hour ago - and found out who gets kicked. Grr.

Time to get Bit Torrent up and running...

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 05:21:09 AM »

Of all the dumb shows I watch and have watched-and I have watched MANY, this is one dumb show I cannot get into. I just dont like anything about it.

On another note, does anyone know who got voted off American Idol tonight? I was at the gym frown
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 02:28:50 PM »

Good episode of Survivor!  Liked the double elimination; though man, was half an hour of tribal council too much.  Good riddance to Angie.  Willard never had any opinion of.

Odd decision for Koror to give Ibrehem immunity.  Sure it messed up Ulong's choice of who to vote off; but he was also one of the two strongest members on that tribe?

And Lindsey was voted off American Idol from what I heard.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
Good episode of Survivor!  Liked the double elimination; though man, was half an hour of tribal council too much.  Good riddance to Angie.  Willard never had any opinion of.

Odd decision for Koror to give Ibrehem immunity.  Sure it messed up Ulong's choice of who to vote off; but he was also one of the two strongest members on that tribe?

Yeah, its hard to figure out exactly why 3 voted for Ibrehem. Were they moved by his speech of "look at my performance in all the challenges, not just this one". Or did they note his crappy performance in the last challenge and think "Yeah, they need to keep him cause he sucks". Or did they think he would be the best target after the merge (i.e. the strongest always seem to be prime targets after the merge.)?
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 08:12:34 PM »

Quote from: "Toe"

Yeah, its hard to figure out exactly why 3 voted for Ibrehem. Were they moved by his speech of "look at my performance in all the challenges, not just this one". Or did they note his crappy performance in the last challenge and think "Yeah, they need to keep him cause he sucks". Or did they think he would be the best target after the merge (i.e. the strongest always seem to be prime targets after the merge.)?
I disagree Ibrehem was not the strongest person on the tribe.  It was angie.  that girl has owned in all challenges and completly outdone all of the men.  It was brilliant strat by Koror.  It made them loose one of the biggest threats challenge wise, and it functioned as Psych war.  it was like the final kick in the balls after getting the crap kicked out of you.

AttA
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 08:47:08 PM »

Wow, thanks. I just saw that "warning, survivor is on tonight" and you saved me from watching it! If I were to "flip" through the channels and come across this and accidently watch it. Ouch! :wink:

All joking aside...I did like the first season, then I got bored of it. But last time it was on, I got into it a bit (to my surprise). They mixed up enough stuff to make it a bit more fresh, for me at least. I`ll probably give it a go more often now because of that.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 10:37:36 PM »

Quote from: "AttAdude"
Quote from: "Toe"

I disagree Ibrehem was not the strongest person on the tribe.  It was angie.  that girl has owned in all challenges and completly outdone all of the men.  It was brilliant strat by Koror.  It made them loose one of the biggest threats challenge wise, and it functioned as Psych war.  it was like the final kick in the balls after getting the crap kicked out of you.

Steph, imho, has been better at the challenges than Angie, hands down. She is just a more physical person and it shows. And really Koror had little to do with Angie's outtting if you think about it. Ibrehem got 3 votes from Koror, Angie got 2 herself. So its not like Koror had time to plan anything internally. It was just a gut pick. I was just curious as to why 3 people picked Ibrehem over the others. I hardly think those 3 that picked Ibrehem assumed that in doing so it would eliminate Angie.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 10:48:34 PM »

re: Ibrehem getting saved, that was all a mind game. In fact, I'm very suprised everyone didn't vote to give him immunity.

If I'm sitting there eating, and I hear everyone on the other tribe bag on one particular member and all but say he's getting voted out...then I get the chance to give someone on that tribe immunity, guess who is getting it?  Of course it's going to be the one person that other tribe DOESN'T want to see get immunity!  If they want him gone, I want him to stay, just to f*ck with their heads.

Plus, if he can't do a simple challenge like that, and he only went 1-1 in the previous sumo wrestler challenge, he's all bark and no bite. He isn't even close to being their strongest player, he's no threat to the opposing tribe.

And finally, if he makes it to a merge, now I have a potential ally from the other side(since I saved him) to use against my own side in the fight for the million.

That was a great twist the way that whole situation played out.  I think Greg kinda blew it when he outed the dolphin guy and fireman guy's alliance.  I think it would have been better to pretend not to notice it, now those guys are aware that 'hey, Greg isn't one of us, he sees us as a threat'.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 06:46:58 PM »

Yeah, I gotta think that giving Ibrehem immunity was done to throw a wrench in the works. You could tell by Steph's face that he was going home before Koror saved him, and the immunity wrecked any planning that Ulong'd done since the challenge. And by the looks of next weeks episode, James ain't too happy with Ibrehem's survival of tribal, so Koror was able to add even more tension to Ulong.

I'm quite enjoying this season.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: