http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 06:20:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warner Developing Justice League Movie?  (Read 1586 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/rumor-warner-brothers-developing-batman-with-superman-movie-14458

Nothing official,just talk at the moment but With The Avengers due next year,i for one would love to see a Justice League movie,not sure if Christian Bale would be persuaded to do it but it would be cool if he did

All the focus is on a possible “Justice League” movie in the future, but there is a possibility of Batman teaming up with Superman for a film in the meantime.

Think McFly Think web site reported Warner Brothers Studios is “quietly developing a Batman/Superman team-up movie.”

Sources told the web site that there are two plans in the works for this film.

“One version where the World’s Greatest Detective is firmly established and helps mentor an up-and-coming, fresh-faced Supes and vice versa,” reported Jamie Williams at TMT.

According to TMT, the studio may attempt to sign actor Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader or they may simply re-cast with a new actor. But, Henry Cavill will be Superman in this version.

In the meantime, Warner Brothers may still go ahead with a “Justice League” and a possible “The Flash” movie. We’ll find out the exact plans for Warner Brothers after 2013.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »

This path can only lead to tears.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:09:59 PM »

they almost had one ready to shoot right before the last writers strike.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »

They'll screw it up.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »

WTF?

With Christopher Nolan declaring himself out of the running for "Justice League," Warner Bros. has approached another of its go-to directors in Ben Affleck, who's expected to discuss the project with studio brass in the coming days, multiple sources tell Variety.

Since guiding WB's "The Town" to commercial success and critical acclaim from both sides of the camera, Affleck has ascended high on the studio's list of filmmakers who can be trusted with prime properties. Thus far, Affleck is the only candidate who's been sent Will Beall's "Justice League" script, which the "Gangster Squad" scribe was hired to write last summer.

DC Comics' answer to Marvel's Avengers, "Justice League" is expected to bring together marquee characters Batman and Superman, as well as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash. Affleck has made it clear that going forward, he's only interested in directing films in which he also stars -- "The Town" and "Argo" are proof of that -- so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would likely don a suit of his own. DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Affleck's reps declined to comment.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »

I'm coming around on Affleck again, but I don't need to see him in another superhero suit.  He'd be a great Max Lord, though.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 02:27:25 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 08, 2012, 10:56:14 PM

WTF?

With Christopher Nolan declaring himself out of the running for "Justice League," Warner Bros. has approached another of its go-to directors in Ben Affleck, who's expected to discuss the project with studio brass in the coming days, multiple sources tell Variety.

Since guiding WB's "The Town" to commercial success and critical acclaim from both sides of the camera, Affleck has ascended high on the studio's list of filmmakers who can be trusted with prime properties. Thus far, Affleck is the only candidate who's been sent Will Beall's "Justice League" script, which the "Gangster Squad" scribe was hired to write last summer.

DC Comics' answer to Marvel's Avengers, "Justice League" is expected to bring together marquee characters Batman and Superman, as well as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash. Affleck has made it clear that going forward, he's only interested in directing films in which he also stars -- "The Town" and "Argo" are proof of that -- so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would likely don a suit of his own. DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Affleck's reps declined to comment.

BOO!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 08:44:29 AM »

Where is my The Flash movie?..I loved the one from the early 90s TV movie or not

IMDB has it listed but no year,it's been like that for awhile

I don't want Ben Affleck to be The Flash though Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »

rumor is going around now that Warner is looking at Mister and Miss Wachowski to direct now.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:16 PM »

they're finally back on track and aiming for a Summer 2015 release.

same summer that Marvel has set The Avengers 2 for.....

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »

Having rewatched Mask of the Phantasm and Batman:Year One. Then thinking about Green Lantern : First Flight vs Green Lantern, I am not particularly looking forward to a new live action DC heroes movie. FWIW, I find the animated Batman much more enjoyable than the live action, even the Nolan stuff.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 11:58:08 PM »

The Marvel universe was set up so deliberately for Avengers to work. Given the way the DC movies have not been linked in any way at all, this just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Aside from the fact that fitting the Bale Batman in to this story seems impossible at this point, the only other DC movie that's even come out so far was the crappy GL.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »

They've already stated that the Nolan/Bale stuff is at its end.  They might use it as a new jumping off point for him.  They've already got a new Supes upcoming for release.  And they can easily "Iron Eagle II" their way into John Stewart.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:32:10 AM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 04:17:45 AM »

I think DCs deal is to only count the new Superman movie as a character that will be in the Justice League, then spin off other movies from that instead of going the Marvel/Disney route
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 04:20:14 AM »

Is anyone else as shocked as I am that Marvel/DC has now become Disney/Warner Brothers?  It's Mickey Mouse vs. Bugs Bunny all over again.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 06:05:55 AM »

Not really, the movie/TV industry has been floundering for new stories for a while now.

Warner has had a good relationship with DC for a while now with Smallville and Nolan's Batman movies. DC itself had a successful relaunch of all their comics to coincide with all the press.

Meanwhile, Marvel's comics are doing okay, but not amazing, their own relaunch hasn't compared well to DCs. However, Marvel is making a killing in movies and TV, which is what prompted Disney to buy them. Disney's resources also allowed them to get some more leverage. I recall hearing about a pretty interesting deal that allowed Disney/Marvel to take back movie rights for some characters in exchange for continued use of some Disney IP somewhere.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »

IGN claims to have inside information on who will be cast as Batman.

Of course it makes complete and utter sense when you read it.

Spoiler for In case the link doesn't work or you think LAFP:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt

It makes so much sense, that even if the story is completely fabricated, they've got a decent shot at being right.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »

He's one of my favorite actors of this generation. Instant interest on my part now if it comes to fruition.  He'll need to bulk up a bit. He's also a tad young...
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 28, 2012, 01:47:34 PM

He's one of my favorite actors of this generation. Instant interest on my part now if it comes to fruition.  He'll need to bulk up a bit. He's also a tad young...

Agree with everything you've said.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »

I'm not all that familiar with comic book heroes, but hopefully if this comes together they'll avoid a problem my wife and I saw in Avengers: lame heroes.

You have Thor, Iron Man and Hulk just wrecking it up and the Capt., Arrow guy and Spy girl are basically engaging in lame sub plots to make them seem useful.

I mean what is the Flash going to do in an intergalactic fight? Run around and make people dizzy?  Aquaman will help a family stuck on a sinking boat escape by having them float out away on a raft made of dolphins! Wonder Woman is just a female Captain America.

You've got superman and batman. And I guess Green Lantern.  Same problem as avengers.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 28, 2012, 03:51:50 PM

I'm not all that familiar with comic book heroes, but hopefully if this comes together they'll avoid a problem my wife and I saw in Avengers: lame heroes.

I guess I can't fault you for your opinion about lame heroes, but I disagree. I wasn't impressed with Thor's stand alone movie and Captain America's film wasn't the greatest, but being a fan of the Avengers I was really impressed and engrossed in the film

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. It's just that next to a demigod, a nuclear monster and the guy with the super suit, the other 3 heroes seems superfluous.

Not sure how they get around that with Justice League either.  I mean they have Superman.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »

You have Thor, Iron Man and Hulk just wrecking it up and the Capt., Arrow guy and Spy girl are basically engaging in lame sub plots to make them seem useful.

I mean what is the Flash going to do in an intergalactic fight? Run around and make people dizzy?  Aquaman will help a family stuck on a sinking boat escape by having them float out away on a raft made of dolphins! Wonder Woman is just a female Captain America.

You've got superman and batman. And I guess Green Lantern.  Same problem as avengers.

They've got decades of stories to pull from.  Both Aquaman and Flash have pulled off some incredible stuff (Flash can usually work up some physics-based magic).

But if you've got 5+ characters in a movie and villains to deal with, some of them are going to be more supporting players.  And that's not a problem.

I disagree that Cap wasn't useful in Avengers, though.  He was a key ingredient, IMO.

Black Widow got several moments to stand out and kick ass.

Hawkeye was more of a plot device this go 'round, but when he was in the fight, he supported the hell out of the team.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 05:13:58 PM »

“refuted the rumor entirely.”

Of course, this is what representatives do.  They’re not in it to support the truth; they’re in it to support their client’s best interests.

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 06:06:05 PM »

I can kind of see your point about Black Widow and Hawkeye in comparison to the super-powered folks in Avengers, but you clearly don't know your DC comic characters.  Wonder Woman is the second most powerful hero in the DC universe after Supes.  She goes toe to toe with super villians all the time.  She's probably very parallel to Thor, except instead of Norse mythology they went with super powered Amazons.  If anything Batman is the one you should be picking on.  Batman in a fight with Darkseid or Doomsday is not going to have much to do.  Having said that - you should watch the DC Justice League cartoon, because they deal with that very side of things.  Batman always seems to get by by being a tactical genius and having gadgets or equipment to handle virtually anything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:17 AM »

so... back off track?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

The latest from those guys at Latino Review

it's all unconfirmed,but these guys have been on the ball a lot in the past

Warner Bros. is handing the DC Universe reins over to Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder and David Goyer. The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

The Bale rumours have started again,even going so far as to take a comment from Christian Bale in Empire Magazine that if Nolan approached him and says there is another story to tell,he would love the challenge of doing it for a 4th time

more in the link,including a video

original link
http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/exclusive-dcu-takeover-huge-developments-justice-league/

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »

Hmmm...I've read more than one rumor to the contrary about Man of Steel.  Supposedly Warner Bros is holding off on announcing Justice League because they're not that confident in Snyder's Man of Steel. 

On the other hand, there's a rumor (i have no idea if it's true, mind you) one of my favorite directors might tackle a "Dark Justice League" movie.  Seeing Guillermo Del Toro take on Swamp Thing, Constantine and the rest in a film would be a comic book lover's dream.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 04:58:08 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 04, 2013, 04:05:24 PM

Hmmm...I've read more than one rumor to the contrary about Man of Steel.  Supposedly Warner Bros is holding off on announcing Justice League because they're not that confident in Snyder's Man of Steel.  

On the other hand, there's a rumor (i have no idea if it's true, mind you) one of my favorite directors might tackle a "Dark Justice League" movie.  Seeing Guillermo Del Toro take on Swamp Thing, Constantine and the rest in a film would be a comic book lover's dream.

I would think this impossible, but with Guardians of the Galaxy happening, who the hell knows?

I would love to see this movie.  Especially if they get Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman to take a pass at it (good luck with that).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:59:47 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 04, 2013, 04:58:08 PM

Quote from: hepcat on March 04, 2013, 04:05:24 PM

Hmmm...I've read more than one rumor to the contrary about Man of Steel.  Supposedly Warner Bros is holding off on announcing Justice League because they're not that confident in Snyder's Man of Steel.  

On the other hand, there's a rumor (i have no idea if it's true, mind you) one of my favorite directors might tackle a "Dark Justice League" movie.  Seeing Guillermo Del Toro take on Swamp Thing, Constantine and the rest in a film would be a comic book lover's dream.

I would think this impossible, but with Guardians of the Galaxy happening, who the hell knows?

I would love to see this movie.  Especially if they get Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman to take a pass at it (good luck with that).

The Justice League Dark comic series has been fairly popular, so I think it might have a decent chance.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 04, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

The latest from those guys at Latino Review

it's all unconfirmed,but these guys have been on the ball a lot in the past

Warner Bros. is handing the DC Universe reins over to Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder and David Goyer. The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

Zack Snyder directing rumour surfaces again
Den of Geek

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: