http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 01:31:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warehouse 13  (Read 2421 times)
brettmcd
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_13

Anyone interested much in this one?    The premise looks interesting, but with some of the utter crap series sci-fi tends to put out like BSG I dont hold much hope for it, but ill give it a watch.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »

I'll certainly watch it to see where they go with it, even though I'm not all that much of a Saul Rubinek fan for some reason. Reading that wiki page, it's giving me vibes from that old series where an old man owned a magical curio / pawn shop where he (and his spunky assistants) would attempt to retrieve an item a week otherwise terrible things would happen... what the heck was that called?  icon_neutral

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on July 05, 2009, 02:29:30 PM

I'll certainly watch it to see where they go with it, even though I'm not all that much of a Saul Rubinek fan for some reason. Reading that wiki page, it's giving me vibes from that old series where an old man owned a magical curio / pawn shop where he (and his spunky assistants) would attempt to retrieve an item a week otherwise terrible things would happen... what the heck was that called?  icon_neutral

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »

Yes! Them. So what was the show?

-craig

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:55:40 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on July 05, 2009, 04:28:29 PM

Friday the 13th the series

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 05, 2009, 04:55:40 PM

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on July 05, 2009, 04:28:29 PM

Friday the 13th the series

Ah, yes... thanks for that. Two shows with "13" in the title, not for the triskaidekaphobic.  icon_wink

-craig

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »

Quote from: brettmcd on July 05, 2009, 02:16:39 PM

Anyone interested much in this one?    The premise looks interesting, but with some of the utter crap series sci-fi tends to put out like BSG I dont hold much hope for it, but ill give it a watch.

You might not have liked it, but BSG was far from crap. As far as ratings, sales, and critical acclaim goes, it's arguably the finest series they have ever done.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »

The premise looks interesting, but with some of the utter crap series sci-fi tends to put out like BSG I dont hold much hope for it, but ill give it a watch.

icon_lol  The funniest part is that you're actually serious.  You're the type of viewer that keeps According to Jim on the air.  If you have a Nielsen box, can I pay you to turn it off?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 03:28:04 AM »

jblank scores 0
hepcat scores 0
brettmcd scores 2

Really, did you guys have to bite?

Anyway the show looks interesting.  I'll check it out tomorrow and see how it turns out.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:48 AM »

Quote from: warning on July 07, 2009, 03:28:04 AM

jblank scores 0
hepcat scores 0
brettmcd scores 2

Really, did you guys have to bite?

Anyway the show looks interesting.  I'll check it out tomorrow and see how it turns out.

me, i can understand.  but jblank's post was pretty innocuous.   in any case, asking others to rise above it only works when you're yelling it downward   icon_wink
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:43:03 AM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 06:28:37 AM »

that's cause BSG is more real than your precious fake reality show called survivor. boo hoo.

BSG pisses on you with awesomeness. and caprica is going to take a shit on your face in the fall. so be prepared for that too.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on July 07, 2009, 06:28:37 AM

and caprica is going to take a shit on your face in the fall. so be prepared for that too.

I wasn't impressed with the movie. I don't really care about a SciFi show that spends its entire time debating the false dichotomy between the One True God and the Many Gods.  Roll Eyes

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 02:07:33 PM »

I wasn't really impressed with Caprica either, to be honest.  It wasn't the religious overtones so much as the virtual reality crap that annoyed me.  That's something that really, really needs to die off as a story device.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 06:33:34 AM »

The Warehouse 13 pilot is now available for free on XBox Live Arcade (both standard and HD), but I don't know how long this will last.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 07, 2009, 02:07:33 PM

I wasn't really impressed with Caprica either, to be honest.  It wasn't the religious overtones so much as the virtual reality crap that annoyed me.  That's something that really, really needs to die off as a story device.

Blame it on Lost.  Except Lost does it well, but everyone else has to pull a bunch of random religion into it that's been overused for millenia.

Well, at least Kings does it well.

I'm okay with W13, not that impressed, but not turned away.  It looks like it will be a standard artifact of the week hunt, and it has all the usual trappings of a scifi channel show.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »

Crossover with Eureka:

In the episodes, which are currently filming, Douglas Fargo (Neil Grayston) of Eureka's Global Dynamics is sent to Warehouse 13 to help update its aging computer system. This triggers a seemingly sentient computer virus that sends the Warehouse into lockdown and traps the team inside. The Warehouse 13 episode is entitled "13.1" and will air on Tuesday, August 3, at 9PM (ET/PT).

The Eureka episode entitled "Crossing Over," will air on Friday, August 6, at 9PM (ET/PT). Warehouse 13's Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) pays a visit to Eureka, hoping to see some amazing technological wonders. She gets more than she bargained for when seemingly random objects begin appearing around town. Working with Sheriff Carter (Colin Ferguson) and Fargo, Claudia has to help solve the mystery before the strange anomalies have deadly consequences...particularly for newcomer Dr. Grant (James Callis).

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 02:33:00 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 19, 2010, 04:18:35 PM

Crossover with Eureka:

In the episodes, which are currently filming, Douglas Fargo (Neil Grayston) of Eureka's Global Dynamics is sent to Warehouse 13 to help update its aging computer system. This triggers a seemingly sentient computer virus that sends the Warehouse into lockdown and traps the team inside. The Warehouse 13 episode is entitled "13.1" and will air on Tuesday, August 3, at 9PM (ET/PT).

The Eureka episode entitled "Crossing Over," will air on Friday, August 6, at 9PM (ET/PT). Warehouse 13's Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) pays a visit to Eureka, hoping to see some amazing technological wonders. She gets more than she bargained for when seemingly random objects begin appearing around town. Working with Sheriff Carter (Colin Ferguson) and Fargo, Claudia has to help solve the mystery before the strange anomalies have deadly consequences...particularly for newcomer Dr. Grant (James Callis).

that's pretty cool.  I wonder if they could work in Stargate references too.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 05:41:47 AM »

If the show continues for along enough, we might see them stick a leftover gate prop somewhere in the background of a scene.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »

Season 2 begins this evening at 9 pm Eastern!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 06, 2010, 06:10:58 PM

Season 2 begins this evening at 9 pm Eastern!

interesting twist in the villain for this season.  next week we get 2 Firefly alums.

Because I can,
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 01:16:20 AM »

off to a good start...and nice addition to the cast for this season icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:53 AM »

Quote from: disarm on July 09, 2010, 01:16:20 AM

you know, I just realized where I saw her before:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Lila from Dexter season 2.  on the plus side we've already seen her give up her goods  icon_lol

Because I can,
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 01:43:51 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 09, 2010, 05:34:53 AM

Quote from: disarm on July 09, 2010, 01:16:20 AM

you know, I just realized where I saw her before:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Lila from Dexter season 2.  on the plus side we've already seen her give up her goods  icon_lol

indeed icon_wink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 10:53:19 AM »

Ugh, couldn't make it through the episode all the way. There's just still something bothering me about the acting and pacing. It's 2 federal agents guarding the biggest secret out there and they act like high schoolers way too often. Which is weird because I generally like all the actors they've had on the show so far.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 12:05:28 AM »

Someone must be a Firefly fan, the last episode reunited Simon and Kaylee... so to speak. icon_wink

-craig

Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 04:06:00 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 10, 2010, 10:53:19 AM

Ugh, couldn't make it through the episode all the way. There's just still something bothering me about the acting and pacing. It's 2 federal agents guarding the biggest secret out there and they act like high schoolers way too often. Which is weird because I generally like all the actors they've had on the show so far.

I just listened to the Nerdist Podcast where they interview Allison Scagliotti (Claudia) and she said that the showrunner for Warehouse 13 has a comedy background and that the show is basically a comedy with some sci-fi elements.  I'd prefer more dramatic stories with a touch of humor, but based on what I've seen so far this season, it's clear that laughs are what they're going for (whether or not they're getting them is another matter).

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 06:03:10 AM »

Thing is, the comedy isn't working and it's ending up an odd mix of out of place immature acting characters against the backdrop of serious world ending events. If they wanted to stay comedy, they should have never started the whole McPhereson arc, or turned McPhereson into something of a less malevolent character, and more some kind of neutral scoundrel type who steals artifacts for profit and gain. The comedy aspects would probably be enhanced by having a more serious overall style for the comedy parts to break from. It's basically how Whedon styles his stories.

Bringing in Simon (forget the actor's name) and Jewel Staite was such a conscious choice, they wanted to get Firefly fans watching. Not complaining though, any more screen time for the two is good, their careers haven't gone that far since Firefly sadly. But, this kind of fan service won't save the show in the long run. I was actually very surprised they got a second season.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:43 AM »

I don't remember the first season being this 'comedic', the second season definitely feels different and not in a good way.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »

Finally finished this latest episode. Once again it's a case of them playing it so wacky all the time that the sillier aspects just piled on top of more silliness instead of being funny things in their own right.

Still there were some funny stuff that I did like, which is why I still follow the show:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The impotence line from Claudia.

Victory by pantsing. That's got to be a first.

All the comic jokes overall.

And kind of glad Mcphereson is still around in some way, would be disappointing to remove completely him despite what his story arc did to the show. He was a strong character and a good actor.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »

I actually enjoyed the second episode, but of course I'm a big Firefly fan, and also a comic book fan, so I appreciated some of the smaller details.  Yes it was goofy and that main actor guy is like a Joe Flanigan/Ben Browder wannabe, but he's cute and takes his shirt off, so I forgive him.  Plus he likes comic books and I find that incredibly endearing.  I also thought they did a decent job of resolving the conflict between the 2 girls, and the end sequence with the old guy and Roger Rees was oddly compelling in a bromantic way.  That's an awful lot for a single episode of a sci-fi show, and I thought they navigated it fairly well.

I'm not really sure I "get" this show overall yet, but then again I only watched the original premiere of Season 1 and never saw the rest until now.  I kind of like the concept they introduced in the season 2 premiere with HG Wells, so I'm curious to see how that plays out.  I'm still debating on dumping this or Haven, I don't think I can handle both of them.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 05:01:32 PM »

If you don't subscribe to the Nerdist podcast, I'd check it out.  Allison Scagliotti is on a recent podcast, talking about the show.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 04:28:43 AM »

I knew Eureka was having an X-Mas special, but I just found out Warehouse 13 is having one too.  It'll be on Tuesday night.

Because I can,
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »

So is this show worth watching? Caught parts of a couple episodes today and it looks pretty cheesy.

What about Sanctuary? Haven't been watching the station since SG1 went away and the name change.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 03:31:16 AM »

I loved Sanctuary season 1. Season 2 was ok. Waiting for season 3 to get up on netflix and I'll watch through.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 04:39:16 AM »

I liked Sanctuary season 1.  Season 2 was awful.  I'm not bothering with season 3.

Warehouse 13 is fun if you turn off your mind.  Season 1 seemed a bit more serious.  Season 2 has had a more madcap/slapstick feel to it.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »

I wanted to like this show and watched the entire first season, but in the end I have to give it thumbs down.  I generally liked the plot and the supporting cast was great but I HATE the two leads.  Every episode I wanted to see something horrible happen to them and then hand the show over to the tech girl and the guy in charge.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »

It was the hot redhead that caught my interest.  unibrow

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 07:51:31 PM »

The Xmas special was OK.   We got to meet Arties dad and Artie had a hilarious moment early on. Actually all the funny moments didn't involve the two leads....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »

this one's back too on Monday!  Cabbage Patch

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »

and the end is coming:

SYFY ANNOUNCES FIFTH AND FINAL SEASON OF ORIGINAL SERIES Warehouse 13

NEW YORK – May 17, 2013 – Syfy today announced that its long-running flagship series Warehouse 13 will return for a fifth and final season of six episodes in 2014.

A production of Universal Cable Productions, Warehouse 13 will begin filming in Toronto this summer.

Said Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions: “Warehouse 13 has been an incredible signature series for us.  We are grateful to the loyal and passionate fan base and know that Jack Kenny, his gifted creative team, and outstanding ensemble cast will give them an amazing finale season.”

Warehouse 13 airs on Syfy Mondays at 10PM (ET/PT), following the new hit series Defiance at 9PM (ET/PT).

probably a good thing-  it feels like they've been building to an ending for the first half of 'season 4', and continue to do so in the second half that is now airing.

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: