http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 10:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walking 40 miles for cancer  (Read 443 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »

Hey all, in a few weeks on May 20-21 I'm going to be walking a marathon and a half (about 40 miles) in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston.  I lost my mom to cancer when I was 8, and she is definitely my biggest inspiration for doing this.  It's now been about 18 years since she passed away, and it feels incredible to be giving something back to her for all she's done for me.  I've never done anything like this before, so for me 40 miles is going to be no walk in the park (except for that one part when we walk through a park).

If you've got a spare minute or two, please check out my Walk page and take a look at what I'm doing.  I truly appreciate any support you can give, every little bit really does help.  I'm trying to reach far and wide to do everything I can to make a huge impact with this Walk, so please pass on my website name to anyone you think might be interested in helping a good cause, friends, coworkers, estranged relatives...

As lovely as that 90 character URL Avon gave me is, it's probably easier to tell people to visit me at http://visitkai.com .

If you need some statistics to help pimp the cause, this blurb from Avon seemed poignant:
This year, an estimated 40,000 women will die from the disease. Breast cancer takes another life every 14 minutes. Another woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minutes. An estimated three million women are living with breast cancer. One million of them don't yet know it.

Thanks a lot, please think good thoughts for my feet on May 20-21!  And a big thanks to Ron for letting me post this.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:21:39 PM »

No doubt wonderpug.  I'll pass it along and donate if I can. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up