http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 06:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vileplanet gives me a laugh  (Read 1667 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2004, 09:47:23 PM »

Fileplanet has a new trick to get you to subscribe...WoW stress test chance to play...heres a quote...

Subscribe now for an opportunity to join the World of Warcraft® Final Stress Test and play the game one week before the public!
In the Final Stress Test, you’ll have one week before the Open Beta Test starts to play the game, create characters and go on the most amazing adventures!

HAHAHa oh man thats funny...you get a whole week to play before open beta when its free if you pay good money to join Vileplanet....man are they getting desperate. I can see all the AoL losers going for it but not the sane....then again the rich might also. Ill continue to laugh and point at them.  Tongue

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:49:58 PM »

Not a fan of Fileplanet. IMO, Gamespot Complete is a far better deal, and they had the EQ2 beta for subscribers, and I got into that. I gave it away to someone here who really wanted it, but still....
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 10:35:36 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
Not a fan of Fileplanet. IMO, Gamespot Complete is a far better deal, and they had the EQ2 beta for subscribers, and I got into that. I gave it away to someone here who really wanted it, but still....

And that someonbe was me. smile  Thanks again, Jeff.  I have been enjoying it a lot.  Now I am awaiting the open beta for WoW to compare.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:49:49 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Quote from: "Jeff Jones"

And that someonbe was me. smile  Thanks again, Jeff.  I have been enjoying it a lot.  Now I am awaiting the open beta for WoW to compare.

You're most welcome. I would've played it for 15 minutes "to see the graphics", then quit. (I'm not a MMORPG guy). Glad you're enjoying it.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 11:38:40 PM »

Now thats something I havn't heard before.  Gamespot complete really good?  I origionally subbed to Vileplanet because of betas but i've been REALLY angry lately about all the massmarketting their doing and only giving a few beta slots....and encouraging new subbers to get them when they've got people who've been shelling out for over a year getting shafted.  The people that run that show are truely VILE.

So gamespot complete is better huh? Maybe i'll give it a try.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 11:49:33 PM »

Quote from: "Fuzzballx"
Now thats something I havn't heard before.  Gamespot complete really good?  I origionally subbed to Vileplanet because of betas but i've been REALLY angry lately about all the massmarketting their doing and only giving a few beta slots....and encouraging new subbers to get them when they've got people who've been shelling out for over a year getting shafted.  The people that run that show are truely VILE.

So gamespot complete is better huh? Maybe i'll give it a try.

GSC is $29/year compared to $59/year for fileplanet. And they've got TONS of gameplay videos, video reviews, etc, and all the demos and patches. Very fast servers too (I get 400kb/sec). On top of that they have some really cool tools for managing your game collection, tracking games, etc.

You can see my game collection here:
http://www.gamespot.com/user/collection.html?user=jeffjones66

At $2.50 a month, GSC is well worth it, for all the gameplay videos and easy access to patches, mods and demos alone.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 12:23:04 AM »

Jeff, you just cost me $29.  You should get a commission from them.   Tongue
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 12:40:41 AM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
Jeff, you just cost me $29.  You should get a commission from them.   Tongue

Heh. Be sure to set your options, and choose high-quality Quicktime format for your video downloads. They are full-screen and much better than the smaller sized mpg format.  It's really cool being able to pick almost any game and see gameplay videos (most games have a bunch of gameplay videos to choose from) and see if it's a type of game I'd want.

Another thing I like about GSC, is when you click a download, it just starts downloading right away, rather than taking you to a list of servers, then having pop-ups tell you your downloaded started, etc.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 12:44:39 AM »

I miss old school free Gamespot frown

dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 12:55:48 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"

I miss the old free Gamecenter.  Cool

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 01:35:08 AM »

Quote from: "dangerballs"

I miss the old free Gamecenter.  Cool

I miss old free anything. crybaby

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 07:28:23 PM »

Fileplanet has a new trick to get you to subscribe...WoW stress test chance to play...heres a quote...

Subscribe now for an opportunity to join the World of Warcraft® Final Stress Test and play the game one week before the public!
In the Final Stress Test, you’ll have one week before the Open Beta Test starts to play the game, create characters and go on the most amazing adventures!

HAHAHa oh man thats funny...you get a whole week to play before open beta when its free if you pay good money to join Vileplanet....man are they getting desperate. I can see all the AoL losers going for it but not the sane....then again the rich might also. Ill continue to laugh and point at them.  Tongue

How did you get into the first stress test?  I was under the impression that you had to be a supsriber for that one as well?  Just curious to see if I was missing an easier way to get in.

morlac00 on PSN
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 07:45:13 PM »

I posted in the other thread as well..I dont really remember..far as I can recall I signed up at Blizzard itself. Im not  a Vileplanet subscriber.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 08:01:23 PM »

I posted in the other thread as well..I dont really remember..far as I can recall I signed up at Blizzard itself. Im not  a Vileplanet subscriber.

Bummer I guess I'll have to wait next week to try it cause I sure wont be joining VP smile

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: