http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 08:35:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: video camera?  (Read 589 times)
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2005, 09:02:47 AM »

hey everyone, im in the market for a video camera.  i'll be using it mostly for home movies and the occasional tradeshow.  portability is a major factor, as is price.  i'd like to keep it under $400 bucks.

so, what do ya'll reccomend?

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »

I see that nobody helped out the poor soul with the original question, but I too am looking at getting one.  I need to find one for my 11 year old niece.  I know nothing about digital video cameras so would like any help you can give.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:25:55 PM »

Well I hate to offer this advise but......go out the day after T-Day.  I know there will be crap loads of people out...and well I will be one of them.....but you won't find any better deal.  As far as what to buy...that is a big ????  I would say something nice that is easy to use with a good sized lcd display but not too expensive because well....things get dropped.....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 10:07:17 PM »

Mini DV is a must- the quality is wonderful.

Next- DO YOU HOMEWORK.... Cnet is great for reviews.

Pick what types of features you want....I am on my third Mini DV and I picked up the Canon Elura 100 since I wanted analogue to video- so I could convert my old vcr recordings to digital video then put them on my computer and burn them to DVD's.  And awesome feature-

And it has a spotlight - kinda nice.

So far the video quality of hard drive cameras seems to be pretty poor and direct to DVD cameras seem to have all kinds of problems...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: