http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 09:29:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Veronica Mars?  (Read 5038 times)
gameoverman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 10:52:11 AM »

I bring you glad tidings:
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 11:11:05 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
I bring you glad tidings:

I want to see Kristen Bell in Maxim!

What month is that?!?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 08:35:19 PM »

March, so any minute now....
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »

edit: special bonus picture

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 02:57:26 AM »

Did they airbrush her nipples out?

Those sick bastards.

btw, omgwtfbbq so hot.  The first pic that is.  I think I'm literally salivating.  Yup, I am.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 04:45:44 AM »

I'm simply hypnotized by the "bonus pic".   smile

Those could possibly be the best pictures evar.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 08:18:44 PM »

A little more KB for the weekend!  biggrin

warning

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 08:22:51 PM »

Wow.  I need to watch this show.  When is it on?  Will it be a problem if I start watching it now?  By myself?  In my bunk?
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Wow.  I need to watch this show.  When is it on?  Will it be a problem if I start watching it now?  By myself?  In my bunk?

It's on UPN Wednesdays at 9 on the West coast.  You would probably get the most out of it by starting at Season 1.   Each season has an overall storyarc, so jumping in the middle may leave you a little lost.  Last year was the first season, so you get the who's who and character backgrounds.  By watching now, you could also spoil one of the big mysteries from last season.  
I actually read a spoiler before I watched last season (which ticked me off), but found it didn't really take too much away from the show.  It's that good.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 09:52:17 PM »

What Nth Power said- by no means should you try and jump in during the middle.  Even if you like what you see, you probably just ruined a season and  a half of entertainment for yourself.

Just start with the Season One DVDs.  VM is pretty unique in that it never really needed any time to find its footing.  The quality has been very high from the start, though it may take a few episodes for you to "get" it since the show's tone and style are very unique for TV.  For example- in most shows the regulars highlighted in the opening credits are a core group of friends that are generally on the same "side".  On VM- not so much.  Many of the character relationships are very antagonistic.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 09:53:32 PM »

BTW, new episodes of VM have been delayed until mid-March due to heavy competition (particularly from the Olympics).  On the bright side, when the show will then run uninterrupted until the end of the season.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2006, 08:51:48 AM »

This last episode, Plan B, was an awesome return to form after a couple of 'blah' episodes.  Logan continues to amaze me, like this exchange with a chatty Gia:
Gia: "I think you use sarcasm and anger as a way to keep people from getting too close to you."
Logan: "You know, I do...but it doesn't always work."(with his best snarky look)

How about this between our heroine and the sheriff:
Lamb:"Still picking winners huh Veronica?"
Veronica: "I told you, when I start picking losers it's all you."

The visuals were really on too, some examples(starting with VM herself):

When they're on their game like this there is no other show on television in the same league.  Although, towards the end a game of Doom 3 broke out  :?

Finally one more for the road:
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »

I'm glad VM is back on a weekly schedule.  I'm also glad the last episode dealt mainly with the season mystery.  With such long gaps between episodes, I was beginning to get a little fuzzy on everything that was going on.  Top-notch writing on the last one with the humor and character moments (poor Mac!).

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2006, 01:09:33 PM »

Great episode.  BTW, Veronica Mars shifts to Tuesday nights next week where it will finish out the season.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2006, 12:38:17 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Great episode.  BTW, Veronica Mars shifts to Tuesday nights next week where it will finish out the season.

Thanks.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2006, 01:25:38 PM »

Is it just me? I keep feeling that there is something wrong with her face/eyes (maybe the Deadwood comment is right, she has a ferret face.). Also in Veronica Mars, she can sometime look real cute but in other scene look plain.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
Is it just me? I keep feeling that there is something wrong with her face/eyes (maybe the Deadwood comment is right, she has a ferret face.). Also in Veronica Mars, she can sometime look real cute but in other scene look plain.

This wrongness you speak of...I cannot see it.  You sir, must be mistaken.  smile

Honestly, I haven't noticed what your seeing.  Maybe it's the lighting/makeup of different scenes that's making her look different?

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 01:29:07 AM »

This was another great episode.  There was something new for me, keep in mind I didn't watch season 1, this time:  A sense of danger for one of the main characters.  When VM's dad ran into the Fitzpatrick guy, it was an  eye opening scene for me.  This show is so light hearted sometimes that I forget that it can be edgy too.

Cars were a big theme this time, I like their choices and how they use them:

The pallette they use always pleases me, it leads to shots like this:

It was at this point in the episode that I realized why I like the show so much- it's film noir!  Set in a high school, yeah, but film noir just the same.  Instead of being close to BTVS it's actually closer to Angel in spirit.

Finally, I don't see anything wrong with the face/eyes, certainly nothing rodent-like:

I think it is important that she has different looks during the course of the show, since usually much time passes in each episode, and the changes help establish that.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 01:57:57 AM »

Regarding the opening scene of last night's ep : I never would have expected that to happen to Veronica (or any TV lead for that matter).  Funny, yet grounding. smile

I also hope she doesn't hook back up with Logan.  The writers seem to be handling it realistically, so if it does happen I don't think it'll feel forced.  Logan's just an ass.

The last few episodes have been so good, last night's included.  Only two episodes left until the finale.  frown

I don't know what's going on with my local UPN, but they've been showing VM at 1AM the past couple of weeks.  Last week, they replayed it Wed. night, but this week they're showing two hours of America's Top Model during prime time.   I'd be pissed if I didn't have a DVR to record it for me.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2006, 01:51:25 AM »

That 'affliction' winds up being a key piece of the puzzle, nicely done!

What a season finale!  I know there are long time VM fans(longer than I, a season 2 recruit) who are unhappy with it, but I was blown away.  I mentioned in a previous post about how I liked it when they got closer to showing real danger for the principal cast members, well this episode had that in spades!  I was literally gasping in surprise almost through the entire second half of the episode.   There were some light moments too:

I always wanted to see the expression on Veronica's face when she felt Dick touching her ass:

Later, we are left to ponder the meaning(this has to symbolize SOMETHING) of this shot:

VM in her darkest moment:

Nice acting job by K Bell, I hope she gets recognized for her fine work.  I can only hope that the new network picks this show up, it really deserves better than UPN has been able to do for it.  Finally, here's an interview with the production designer for the show.

No wonder it looks so cool, they really put alot of thought and work into this aspect of the show.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2006, 07:56:45 AM »

I thought the finale was superb.  I was really surprised with who ended up as the killer and that they went back to what happened to her in season one.  Very cool.  There were surprises everywhere it seemed!  

I know there are long time VM fans(longer than I, a season 2 recruit) who are unhappy with it

Wow, what are they unhappy with?  I can only think of a couple things and they don't make me unhappy.  They just seemed a little weird.   (spoiler time)  :  

Spoiler for Hiden:
- After Veronica finds her dad unharmed, there isn't any mention of Beaver and Woody (don't laugh smile ).    It felt like there was some story  sacrificed for some added character moments.  Not really a bad thing, but it would have been nice to see some reaction to everything that went down.   Maybe the show was running long and was squeezed for time.

- I would have liked to see Aaron Echolls stick around for awhile longer.   Would he really have been taken out on order by Duncan Kane?  

Making a good show must be so difficult week in and week out and VM is a fantastic show, so I'm willing to cut the writers a little slack.  I'm sure all will be explained in Season Three.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: