http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:16:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Veronica Mars - Season 3 Premiere  (Read 1674 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »

A friendly reminder that the Season 3 premiere of VM is next Tuesday, Oct. 3rd!

For those of you who can't wait (I couldn't wait... :smile:) --- it's available for streaming ---->Link

Excellent season premiere that reminds me why I love this show.  Some new (and old) cast members, a new mystery, and new look opening and theme song(?).  Well, different version of the same song. 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »

Very excited.  I'll wait for it to be broadcast though since my wife would be pissed if I watched it without her (nevermind the fact that Kristen Bell in 55" trumps my 20" monitor). 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »

I am just finishing up season 1 and should have season 2 finished by then end of next week-  I'm not sure how I missed this one, but it's now set to record every new episode.  I did have a small dilemma for next Tuesday as the Eureka season finale, The Unit and the VM premiere were on at the same time, but luckily they are repeating Eureka later that night so I can catch all 3.  Now hopefully they won't put something else that I like on at 9pm Tuesdays.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 27, 2006, 12:31:19 PM

(nevermind the fact that Kristen Bell in 55" trumps my 20" monitor). 
I'll probably re-watch it next Tuesday for that reason.  Watching it on a mini-window was passable, but it will be better to see on a big TV. 

And I'm still waiting for my cable company to carry The CW in high definition.  To see VM in HD would be icing on the cake.  :smile:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 09:34:26 PM »

Bring it on!

I tried watching the stream but I couldn't figure out how to full screen it, so I'll watch for the tv show.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:49:20 AM »

Great start to the season!  I'm glad I waited to see it in its widescreen HD glory.

The hacky sack thing was comedy gold.  There plenty of other good moments too. Such as:

Ready to rock!?!

People who don't watch this show hate America

She takes a deep breath, bless her heart
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 06:39:19 PM »

Quote from: gameoverman on October 04, 2006, 08:49:20 AM

Great start to the season!  I'm glad I waited to see it in its widescreen HD glory.
Frak! You get in HD?  Color me green with jealousy.
Is it me, or does KB get better looking with each season?  I think it's the hair.

I thought the dialogue was especially sharp this episode.  I liked the Saturn, Mars, Neptune line and the nod to BSG.

What did you think of the new theme?  I think the old one was catchier and more upbeat.  The new one is just...different, but I think it'll grow on me.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 08:30:55 PM »

I liked the old one better, it was more exciting.    This new one is too restrained, it doesn't really fit the pace of the show.   Plus, I think the new graphics are nice looking but once again, the old ones seemed more connected to what the show is all about.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 06:29:57 AM »

Great episode.  It was cool seeing Veronica put on her party hat

And seeing things not all go her way for once.  Alot of pain in this episode.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 06:48:09 AM »

It's worth noting the episode was good on it's own, but seeing VM doing her sexy dance made it even better.   nod

I liked seeing Logan and Wallace have some screentime together.  There was a nice rivalry going without Logan being a total ass.  Hopefully the old Logan days are over and he grows into a semi-decent Logan (especially if he stays with Veronica).

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 06:55:34 AM »

Quote from: gameoverman on October 12, 2006, 06:29:57 AM

Great episode.  It was cool seeing Veronica put on her party hat

And seeing things not all go her way for once.  Alot of pain in this episode.
Oh that's hot.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »

I enjoyed this weeks episode.  While the dialogue didn't seem as sharp as the previous ones, I was interested in the mystery. 
I'm thinking Veronica needs to find a new boyfriend.  Logan may be on better behavior this year, but I feel there's little chemistry between the characters.  That's the one part of the show seems to drag.

And a nod to Guitar Hero?  Excellent!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I like seeing Weevil turning over a new leaf.  Too bad he messed up helping Keith.  But unlike Logan, he can actually do something useful.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 11:33:28 PM »

I think what has happened is that the show is centered alot more on Veronica now.   Before, it felt like an ensemble show, with K Bell in a semi-lead position.  Now there is no doubt who the star is, which I think is giving the show a different vibe.  So far, so good imo, but I have to agree that Logan is being wasted as a character to this point.  The 'can you say rimshot on the radio?' line was pretty funny.

I won't mind though, if Veronica has to don more costumes in her college sleuthing:

We've heard of an 'O' face, here's her 'Hitler' face(send that one to Beautiful Agony, hehe):

One for the road:
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 04:57:59 AM »

Good news ratings-wise!  Hopefully the CW keeps it a full season.  Taken from Futoncritic :

"Veronica Mars" climbed to its best adults 18-34 (1.8/5) performance of the season, matching its second best delivery EVER in the demo. "Veronica" also tied its second best rating in the show's history in adults 18-49 (1.4/4).

"Veronica Mars" was on the rise this week, improving week to week by 20% in adults 18-34, 8% in adults 18-49, 6% in women 18-49 (1.9/4) and 9% in viewers (3.2mil).

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 05:28:01 AM »

"Why rape the cow when you're swimming in free milk?"= comedy gold!(in a tasteless sort of way)

The quarterback/rapist connection later just was tasteless, the Mannings have done nothing to warrant that(that I know of).

The network promos that I saw during the week seemed to be pushing a light and fluffy "Veronica's bf meets her dad" episode, but this one had a melancholy tone, which I like best.  Plus the visuals are back!  I was almost begining to think that the 'look' of the show had changed.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 05:56:15 AM »

I liked the Charlie Stone angle in this episode.  That caught me off guard and it showed more of Logan's sensitive side.  He's slowly becoming a more likable character.

It was also cool seeing Laura San Giacomo and Enrico Colantoni together again.  It brought back fun memories of the sitcom, "Just Shoot Me".  thumbsup

So far, I think it's a good season but not a great season.  Most of it comes from the supporting cast popping in and out and not having much to do.  I'd like to see them get more involved in the story and see some more development.  As it is, things feel a bit unfocused because they are all off doing their own unrelated things.  Of course, it's only a few weeks into the season so I'm hoping bigger things are planned.    :smile:

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

Quote from: Nth Power on October 26, 2006, 05:56:15 AM

So far, I think it's a good season but not a great season.  Most of it comes from the supporting cast popping in and out and not having much to do.  I'd like to see them get more involved in the story and see some more development.  As it is, things feel a bit unfocused because they are all off doing their own unrelated things.  Of course, it's only a few weeks into the season so I'm hoping bigger things are planned.    :smile:

So far, not enough Sheriff Lamb and Wallace.
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 06:59:16 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on October 26, 2006, 01:23:00 PM

Quote from: Nth Power on October 26, 2006, 05:56:15 AM

So far, not enough Sheriff Lamb and Wallace.
Agreed on Wallace.  Lamb's not as important IMO, but you would think he'd get more screen time since he's in the opening credits.  So far he's been in what, one episode for about two minutes?  

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »

Quote from: Nth Power on October 26, 2006, 06:59:16 PM

Agreed on Wallace.  Lamb's not as important IMO, but you would think he'd get more screen time since he's in the opening credits.  So far he's been in what, one episode for about two minutes? 

I like Wallace, but I didn't miss him a whole lot last season when he went MIA in Chicago for a time, so I didn't really notice his absence this week to be honest.

In general, VM as a show has never felt compelled to try and shoe-horn in people just because they meet the status of being listed as a regular in the opening credits and I've always kind of admired the show for that. 
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 09:17:30 PM »

I would like to share genetic material with Kristen Bell.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:24 PM »

What's going on with Weevil?  It looks like he's juicing up on the 'roids or something.  He's packed on the pounds and has a major case of acne this season.  It looks really bad even on my non-HD washed-out looking CW.

Anyways...good episode overall this week.  The dialogue wasn't as sharp, but the episode mystery was pretty good.  Did Wallace do it?  Is he innocent?  I don't think he did.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 01:49:45 AM »

I really liked the episode.  I guess it was like VM-lite for hardcore viewers but for me it hit all the right notes.  There's was a jawdropper new main mystery development, there was a decent one off mystery, some funny lines(Joe College/Jose Lunchpail), and VM was kinda mean at the end(with the little girl).  Good stuff.

But yeah, Weevil.  I noticed it when he first showed up again, but I thought "it's to show the effects of being locked up". But no, it's more than that.   Take a look(if you dare):

Egads! Notice Veronica's 'ewww!' look:

Here, Veronica is trying her best to wipe off the ugly.

Here, the pizza guy is offering to give her extra sausage(okay, so I'm projecting).

The camerawork is interesting as always.

This whole scene was funny, in a vaguely creepy kind of way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: