http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 09:15:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon unveils new shared phone/data plans - likely no one will be happy  (Read 1467 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57450763-94/verizon-unveils-share-everything-family-plans-for-data/

I was excited when I heard that shared data plans were coming to the cellular industry, but after reading this pricing structure, I think this change is going to suck.  

It starts out good:

All of the plans come with unlimited calling and text messages. A $50 monthly plan comes with 1 gigabyte of data to be shared between devices. For $60 a month, you get 2GB, while $70 gets 4GB, $80 gets 6GB, $90 gets 8GB, and $100 gets 10GB.

But then they add this:

In addition to the plan, there are fees related to each device. There's a monthly charge of $40 for each smartphone; $30 for each phone; $20 for a hot spot, USB modem, notebook, or netbook; and $10 for a tablet.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:44:46 PM by leo8877 » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »

I am sure I am in the minority, but that would be a savings for my wife and I.  We could go with the 1 GB shared plan, 2 smartphones and at $130+taxes come out roughly $20 ahead of what I pay now.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »

I'll have to look at the math, but it may not be so bad on our end, either.  But it would be close, probably.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »

The per device charge sucks

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »

I agree with leo8877, it might not suck now, but at some point in the future, this will cost you more. Phones are using increasing amount of data, all this will do is discourage data use on their devices. With usage based billing, people become way more conscious of their data use and use less. Granted, this is causing Sprint to pick up droves of new users... (And the Nextel network shutdown is causing the to lose customers)

While I'd like to go back to the days of Quantum Link and Prodigy, I don't think that's a good move in the scheme of things. Let's be honest, one of the things that AOL figured out in 1996 was realizing that if you offered more hours than any one person could reasonably consume, you could sell more. Way, way more. Well, that and blanketing the world with free CDs is the BEST IDEA EVER.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 12, 2012, 02:18:04 PM

Agreed, $40 per smartphone is ridiculous.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »

I did the math for myself, and it looks good to me.  I am not buying kids and old ladies smart phones as it stands now.

When this goes into effect, both kids and grandma are getting the smart phone of their choice, as their 2 years end.

So, they are going to be happy.   I'll just share the 1 GB between us all. 1 simple rule.  No downloading apps or watching netflix/youtube unless you are in a wifi zone.

Wifi is everywhere around me, so I do not use much data.  In fact, I would drop the Data plan altogether if I had the option.  Only place I use it is email while I am driving to work.

IN!!

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on June 12, 2012, 02:36:16 PM

I agree with leo8877, it might not suck now, but at some point in the future, this will cost you more. Phones are using increasing amount of data, all this will do is discourage data use on their devices. With usage based billing, people become way more conscious of their data use and use less. Granted, this is causing Sprint to pick up droves of new users... (And the Nextel network shutdown is causing the to lose customers)

I am not very conscious about my data usage, and again I am likely in the minority, but between my wife and I, both with iPhones, the most we have used in one month is 200MB of data.  Isn't billing already usage based?  On my phone plan I get 400 minutes a month, 200 texts and 1 GB of data.  If I go over that then I have to pay extra.  With the new plan my wife and I would get more minutes, more texts and the data cap wouldn't be a limit at all.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »

(And the Nextel network shutdown is causing the to lose customers)

What?  Buying a competitor that used a completely different network technology didn't turn out to be a good idea?  Who would have ever thought of that?!?

But on topic, I pay less than the per-line smartphone charge for my grandfathered iPhone package on AT&T.  I just have to listen to them gripe if I go over 3 GB.  So if I had another user that matched mine, I'd be looking at $160 a month?  Insanity.  

Unless the other carriers follow suit, and I believe that they'd be stupid to do so, this appears to be a "look, we're innovative!" move that they don't actually expect to sell too many of.  

And Morgul, I'm glad that it looks good for you.  Some people have different needs.  While it's about to change, my work doesn't permit drones to access the wifi for personal use.  Once I start working from home, that's a moot point, but I imagine that the world is full of companies that don't want to support their employees' Pandora habit.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »

I am not very conscious about my data usage, and again I am likely in the minority, but between my wife and I, both with iPhones, the most we have used in one month is 200MB of data.  Isn't billing already usage based?  On my phone plan I get 400 minutes a month, 200 texts and 1 GB of data.  If I go over that then I have to pay extra.  With the new plan my wife and I would get more minutes, more texts and the data cap wouldn't be a limit at all.

Yea, 40$ a month covers the minutes and texting and stuff right? Isnt that about what I am paying now?   Except now I do not have to pay a extra $30 bucks for each smart phone.  
With the new plan I can pay $50 and get everyone a smartphone.

Unless I am missing something, and I could be, it seems like a savings to me.  
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 12, 2012, 02:44:27 PM

(And the Nextel network shutdown is causing the to lose customers)

What?  Buying a competitor that used a completely different network technology didn't turn out to be a good idea?  Who would have ever thought of that?!?

But on topic, I pay less than the per-line smartphone charge for my grandfathered iPhone package on AT&T.  I just have to listen to them gripe if I go over 3 GB.  So if I had another user that matched mine, I'd be looking at $160 a month?  Insanity.  

Unless the other carriers follow suit, and I believe that they'd be stupid to do so, this appears to be a "look, we're innovative!" move that they don't actually expect to sell too many of.  

And Morgul, I'm glad that it looks good for you.  Some people have different needs.  While it's about to change, my work doesn't permit drones to access the wifi for personal use.  Once I start working from home, that's a moot point, but I imagine that the world is full of companies that don't want to support their employees' Pandora habit.

Yea, I understand.  I can use the wifi at work.  I got wifi at home.  I got wifi at lunch.  I even got wifi at hotels if I go out of town.

I just do not really use the data.   I do not use pandora, I use itunes.  Well, on amazon now, but its all stored on the phone. straming music/youtube etc are blocked at my work, but I do not use them anyway.  Screen is too small, I wait till I am home infront of a computer or the PS3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:51:42 PM by Morgul » Logged
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on June 12, 2012, 02:46:29 PM

I am not very conscious about my data usage, and again I am likely in the minority, but between my wife and I, both with iPhones, the most we have used in one month is 200MB of data.  Isn't billing already usage based?  On my phone plan I get 400 minutes a month, 200 texts and 1 GB of data.  If I go over that then I have to pay extra.  With the new plan my wife and I would get more minutes, more texts and the data cap wouldn't be a limit at all.

Yea, 40$ a month covers the minutes and texting and stuff right? Isnt that about what I am paying now?   Except now I do not have to pay a extra $30 bucks for each smart phone.  

It would be $50/month for the base tier and +$40 for each smartphone/month on the new plan.  I guess if you both use less than 1 GB of data a month it would be ok.  Even with wifi everywhere I use approx 2.5 to 3.0 GB of data a month, so that base tier wouldn't work for me and the wife.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2012, 02:53:30 PM

Quote from: Morgul on June 12, 2012, 02:46:29 PM

It would be $50/month for the base tier and +$40 for each smartphone/month on the new plan.  I guess if you both use less than 1 GB of data a month it would be ok.  Even with wifi everywhere I use approx 2.5 to 3.0 GB of data a month, so that base tier wouldn't work for me and the wife.

I think when it was just me on my plan, for lowest minutes/unlimited texting and data plan is was like $85 bucks.

But now I got 2 kids on the plan, dying for a smart phone.  I also got grandma and grandpa on my plan, who have enough trouble operating their flip phones.

But, with this new plan, I can throw both kids a smartphone for just a little more $ then what  am paying now, and way less then if I was doing $30 data plans for each.

And Grandma is going to be getting a iphone, because I think she will "get it" and like it once she gets used to it.

So I think its going to cost me about $30 more a month, but I am gaining 3 smartphones and unlimited minutes.   But, like i said, I am going to split the 1 gig for all of us.   Maybe bump it up to 2 gig if kids use it more then I think.  (they may use more data then me, because they don't drive while they are in a car)

Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 03:25:09 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on June 12, 2012, 03:02:33 PM

But, with this new plan, I can throw both kids a smartphone for just a little more $ then what  am paying now, and way less then if I was doing $30 data plans for each.

And Grandma is going to be getting a iphone, because I think she will "get it" and like it once she gets used to it.

So I think its going to cost me about $30 more a month, but I am gaining 3 smartphones and unlimited minutes.   But, like i said, I am going to split the 1 gig for all of us.   Maybe bump it up to 2 gig if kids use it more then I think.  (they may use more data then me, because they don't drive while they are in a car)

Unless you're teaching your kids the importance of using WiFi whenever possible, the 1 GB over 4 phones won't work. Hell, on Sprint I use 1.2 GB with 4 phones and that's with two people barely using data (we're all use Android, they use ~ 42MB each a month).

I'd argue you are watching your data usage. You're just making sure you use WiFi instead of counting megabytes. Changing to a usage based plan means more people are going to be like you and not use the mobile data. I'd bet large sums of (someone else's) money that this will drop revenues long term instead of increasing them and they'll abandon the idea.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on June 12, 2012, 03:25:09 PM

Unless you're teaching your kids the importance of using WiFi whenever possible, the 1 GB over 4 phones won't work. Hell, on Sprint I use 1.2 GB with 4 phones and that's with two people barely using data (we're all use Android, they use ~ 42MB each a month).

I'd argue you are watching your data usage. You're just making sure you use WiFi instead of counting megabytes. Changing to a usage based plan means more people are going to be like you and not use the mobile data. I'd bet large sums of (someone else's) money that this will drop revenues long term instead of increasing them and they'll abandon the idea.

Right, you have a good argument there.  I think I have unlimited Data, so I do not have to worry about it. Its just wifi is faster and almost always present.  (I am presently on a 3g windows 7 phone)  And yes, the kids will have to use wifi to watch video listen to music or download apps.   It shouldnt be a problem.  And if it is, I will crack down hard on them, heh.   I will be willing to bump up the data plan a little if 1gb is cutting it short.   But, they will mainly use wifi or they will be back on a flip phone.   Daddy don't play that, heh.

As it is now, no way were they getting smart phones till they got jobs.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »

Taking another look at the plans, I think most of us are failing to account for the fact that these plans include unlimited phone and messaging.  Looking at it again, The $40 smartphone charge would offset my $40 450 minute plan and then the $20 unlimited messaging.  If I have another phone at 6 GB plan, that would actually save me $20/month in usage, as my ($40/30/20) * 2 now becomes $40/40/80.

Meh, I'm sure there's some math in there that makes it more attractive to some than others.  If it were data only, it would be chocked full of fail.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:53:15 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 12, 2012, 03:35:53 PM

Taking another look at the plans, I think most of us are failing to account for the fact that these plans include unlimited phone and messaging.  Looking at it again, The $40 smartphone charge would offset my $40 450 minute plan and then the $20 unlimited messaging.  If I have another phone at 6 GB plan, that would actually save me $20/month in usage, as my ($40/30/20) * 2 now becomes $40/40/80.

Meh, I'm sure there's some math in there that makes it more attractive to some than others.  If it were data only, it would be claked full of fail.

yea.  probably some underhanded thing that they're doing that I am not seeing, hah.  They must have figured it would make them more $ somehow.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »

Article here on cnet:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57451500-94/why-verizons-shared-data-plan-is-a-raw-deal/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Basically says that single users, and/or possibly couples get screwed. 

Larger families do well.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »

Yeah, if they're making everyone go to one of these, even single users, rather than having other options, that's pretty crappy.

I foresee more ersatz families being created among roommates, friends, etc, to take advantage of the new structures.  It's always been an option before, but now they're kind of forcing people to be creative to save money.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:32:57 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on June 12, 2012, 03:25:09 PM

I just don't understand the data usage.  What in the hell are you doing on your phones to chew up so much?  I check my email when I am not at work, and otherwise the thing sits like a brick on my desk.  250 MB has been my highest usage...I have many months with only 10-25 mb used.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on June 12, 2012, 04:59:09 PM

I just don't understand the data usage.  What in the hell are you doing on your phones to chew up so much?  I check my email when I am not at work, and otherwise the thing sits like a brick on my desk.  250 MB has been my highest usage...I have many months with only 10-25 mb used.

My usage is high because I stream Spotify. I used ~ 512MB in one month primarily from streaming. I could set them as offline (and my starred playlist is), but I'm on Sprint so I don't really worry.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 05:10:53 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on June 12, 2012, 05:08:27 PM

Quote from: Arkon on June 12, 2012, 04:59:09 PM

My usage is high because I stream Spotify. I used ~ 512MB in one month primarily from streaming. I could set them as offline (and my starred playlist is), but I'm on Sprint so I don't really worry.

I am guessing from the context that Spotify is a music service?  I just have 10 GB or so of music on my iPhone that I can listen to if need be, and that is more than I could ever need.  Then again, if work didn't require I have a smartphone, I wouldn't have a cell phone at all.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 05:45:27 PM »

Pandora 8 hours a day at work to keep my sanity.  3-5 GB a month with consistent use. 

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »

And now, I could stream my Amazon Cloud music.

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

Isgrim,

I don't stream, I buy songs off itunes, until I got my daughter a kindle fire and Son got the transformer prime. 

Amazons cloud service sucked all the songs out of itunes and put them on the cloud.  I am impressed with amazon in all ways.  I like the kindle reader app.
Daughters kindle fire quit charging.  I called amazon tech and within 4 minutes phone call was over, and new kindle fire was here the next day.

Turned it on, logged into amazon, and here comes all the music books and apps.

So I have been buying music and books there now.   Itunes is a pita having to sync up to the PC, so I am at amazon now.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »

Netflix at lunch. 4-6 gigs a month.

Not sure what this will do for me. I have unlimited data until i reupp, so chances are they'll change the plans again before 2 years is up..
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 02:52:04 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on June 12, 2012, 02:37:58 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 12, 2012, 02:18:04 PM

Agreed, $40 per smartphone is ridiculous.

We have a smart phone and 2 dumb phones and we pay $125. We use essentially no data because my wife only uses her smart phone like a dumb phone with the occasional google lookup. If I'm reading the chart right, it will now cost $150 for the same thing. Gonna have to drop my niece from the or pay more for my dumb phone.

I guess I'm going to have to ask the niece if she wants to raise her contribution from $10 to $30/mo or strike out on her own. She's made noises about doing that because she wants a smart phone and we aren't going to buy it for her.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »

If you don't use much data, it is actually a good thing...but the good part is probably limited to not a lot of people.

For our family it is great- right now I pay 200 per month for 2 iPhones, and one mini-data plan phone, unlimited messages and 700 shared minutes.  I am going to add one more iPhone for the kid and upgrade her phone so as I read it, i get this:

3 iPhones with unlimited minutes and texting- 120.00
2 gigs of Data- 60.00

So my bill will now be 180 per month.

Most of our data usage is at home or at work - so all wifi, we do not stream music or movies and even with all my traveling and such I barely it 1/2 gig a month on a huge usage month.  Where it gets you is if you are on the unlimited plan now and use a lot of data- because what was once 30.00 per month is now a whole lot more.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »

Here's the part I don't get - if you're already paying (through the nose) for the data, why does a smart phone cost more per month to connect than a regular phone? they both have unlimited minutes, unlimited texting, and the data is pre-paid. Bullshit fees for the win?
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »

Well, even though this seems to do people in my situation good, it screws allot of people.   I do think cell phone contracts and pricing are bullshit and way too expensive.   However, I do not want to go back to a land line.  Switching carriers is bad for me, only Verizon has a good signal here.   And, I read somewhere ATnT is getting ready to role out the same type of deal.

So, when it comes to healthcare, medicine, internet and oil, we are fooked.   
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on June 14, 2012, 01:30:30 PM

However, I do not want to go back to a land line.

You can have my land line when you pry it from my cold dead hands.  I will never get rid of my land line, ever.
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

wow, is that really what people pay for cellular? I don't have a cell phone and i'm unlikely to get one. I think my wife pays 50 a month for unlimited talk and text.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »

Quote from: Crux on June 14, 2012, 12:27:01 PM

Here's the part I don't get - if you're already paying (through the nose) for the data, why does a smart phone cost more per month to connect than a regular phone? they both have unlimited minutes, unlimited texting, and the data is pre-paid. Bullshit fees for the win?

Gotta love the bullshit fees, no? It makes no sense either - data is data. If you're capped as to how much you can use, why does it matter what kind of phone you have?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:08 PM »

Why does a smartphone cost more to connect than a regular phone?  Bandwidth is not unlimited.  Spectrum is not unlimited.  Nor is it free.

Voice calls are easy to route.  They don't take up that much space, and we're used to lossy compression.  Ever hear a phone call that was crystal clear?  Data does not suffer such things to deliver the level of service people expect. 

A voice call over VOIP is about 11 kbps.  HSPA+ speeds start at 21 Mbps.  So streaming that funny cat video?  It takes as much network footprint as 1,900 voice calls. 

Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 12:24:22 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 14, 2012, 10:48:08 PM

Why does a smartphone cost more to connect than a regular phone?  Bandwidth is not unlimited.  Spectrum is not unlimited.  Nor is it free.

But you're already paying a separate fee for that bandwidth and spectrum. It's called your data package.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 01:51:45 AM »

And the market is realizing that it is fast outstripping their ability to pay for it with low price unlimited packages.

The supply is constrained, so prices go up and availability at the old price is reduced.

Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 01:53:48 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 14, 2012, 10:48:08 PM

Voice calls are easy to route.  They don't take up that much space, and we're used to lossy compression.  Ever hear a phone call that was crystal clear?  Data does not suffer such things to deliver the level of service people expect. 

A voice call over VOIP is about 11 kbps.  HSPA+ speeds start at 21 Mbps.  So streaming that funny cat video?  It takes as much network footprint as 1,900 voice calls. 

Wait, no. While bandwidth and spectrum are limited, you're realistically much more limited by the number of people per cell. Shrink the size of the cell, you get more "bandwidth" per person. All the arguments over spectrum lately have been more about having desirable (and usable) frequencies as opposed to more frequencies. The lower frequencies penetrate structures better which improves network quality.

Voice is data, same as any other data going over the carrier's network. It's no easier or more difficult to route than any other data going over their network. It's been data for a very long time, even on the land line end of things.

Finally, your math is way, way off. The minimum usable 3GPP audio is 16 kb/sec, though many networks are running on the 24kb/sec standard. A 720p YouTube video is ~ 2mbit (they use very lossy compression as well), though it's more likely you're streaming it at 480p instead which is about half that. So you're looking at about 83 or 42 voice calls to a YouTube video, not 1,900. Again, this is all mitigated by building more towers, which is expensive (but subsidized).
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 03:23:28 AM »

It's crazy how much some of you spend!  My wife spends $35 a month for unlimited everything through Virgin Mobile.  I spend under $10 a month for phone, which I mostly text on.  There is no way on God's green earth I would be any of these verizon plans.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 06:00:57 AM »

How's your coverage on Virgin? I ask because my wife is set on verizon due to (a) really good connectivity and (b) inertia.

I only even have a phone because my business needs a telephone number. I try to remember to check for messages once a week.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on June 15, 2012, 06:00:57 AM

How's your coverage on Virgin? I ask because my wife is set on verizon due to (a) really good connectivity and (b) inertia.

I only even have a phone because my business needs a telephone number. I try to remember to check for messages once a week.

Virgin is Sprint's pre-paid label (along with Boost Mobile). You'll get exactly the same coverage you'd get with a Sprint phone. On a positive note, if Sprint had WiMax in the area, you can now get that WiMax on Virgin for a lot less than Sprint a month. The EVO V 4G is actually a slightly redesigned EVO 3D.

If you're looking for cheap and the Sprint network isn't your thing, T-Mobile is probably the best option. Heck, right now I've got an EVO 4G LTE and I use a pre-paid T-Mobile hotspot for the data just to get 4G ($25/month for 1GB, so... 1/2 the cost of Verizon).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: