http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 04:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault Zero - nectar of the GODS  (Read 1711 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2006, 09:05:30 PM »

So back during the superbowl I saw some advertisements for Vault soda.  "Drinks like a soda, kicks like an energy drink."

"Hmm," I thought, thinking about my wanting to ween off of energy drinks since I used to drink about two a day during college, "I must try this stuff!"

So I've been drinking it ever since seeing the ad during the Super Bowl.  The market by my house sells a 20 ounce for $0.89, so that's not too shabby.

I love the stuff.

The only way I can describe the taste is if you've ever had Surge - a drink Coca-Cola made about 7 years ago or so - but it's really tasty.  I've only tried the "Zero" kind (I've been hooked on diet pops for many years now and dont' drink regular) but it's the tastiest diet soda I've ever had.  My brother and I now routinely purchase a Vault Zero a day.

Anyone else try Vault Zero?  If you're a fan of diet cola, or perhaps even just regular as well, and want to try something extremely good, give Vault Zero a shot.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:12:10 PM »

Sound good!  I think I'll give it a try.

Does it give you a boost like an energy drink?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »

I tried the regular kind and I dont think it really gave boost like an energy drink at all.  I would put the effects on par with regular old Mt Dew.  Tasted pretty good though.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:55:49 AM »

My brother got me hooked on the stuff; it's probably the best tasting zero-caloried soda I've ever had.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:58:13 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
Sound good!  I think I'll give it a try.

Does it give you a boost like an energy drink?

You know, it really doesn't.  Maybe that's a good thing, maybe bad.  But yeah, I haven't had that "kick" from it.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 01:29:45 AM »

Have'nt tried Vault..going to WallWorld in a few min so will see if I can find one.

Best drink out there to me is MDX Mountain Dew...very delish.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 01:43:02 AM »

I picked some up today, but found out afterwards I had the regular Vault and not the diet.  frown  
The regular is too sweet for me, but it does taste good.  I have to remember the "Zero" part next time.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 06:24:01 AM »

huh I totally forgot to get me a Vault..blah. Maybe next trip.

On the bright side Walk the Line was a damn good movie.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 06:28:23 AM »

I didn't even know there was a Zero.  I'll have to try it out.  I actually liked Surge back in the day.

I believe that Diet Mountain Dew Code Red is the true ambrosia but there is always room in my frige for a runner-up.

thumbsup

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 06:40:44 AM »

Diet Mountain Dew Code Red was my favorite, but Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is now my favorite diet soda.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 06:44:07 AM »

I just can't get into the vanilla.  I've honestly only tried diet vanilla coke, but it was so bad I can't even think about it without cringing.  If on the off chance I can find a can I will give the diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper a shot.  I like diet dr. pepper so maybe I'll like it.  As long as it doesn't taste like vanilla coke.  ugh.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 06:52:50 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I just can't get into the vanilla.  I've honestly only tried diet vanilla coke, but it was so bad I can't even think about it without cringing.  If on the off chance I can find a can I will give the diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper a shot.  I like diet dr. pepper so maybe I'll like it.  As long as it doesn't taste like vanilla coke.  ugh.

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is much better than Diet Vanilla Coke.  Coke Zero is much better tasting that Diet Coke, so you might want to check it out.  It almost tastes like regular Coke.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
depward

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 07:39:55 AM »

Oh man, I LOVED Diet Code Red Mountain Dew!  But they stopped selling it around here   frown   That was so good though!

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper IS good stuff as well!

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »

You diet drinkers make me sick...well the drinks do..nasty chemicals.

Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 09:04:57 AM »

Try the new black cherry vanilla diet coke.  Good stuff.  It's like coke zero, almost as sweet as the regular version.

(HBZ)
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 04:25:55 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
You diet drinkers make me sick...well the drinks do..nasty chemicals.

I used to feel like the Nutra Sweet in Diet Coke was actually eating through my stomach lining it tasted so bad.  Now I can't stand the sweetness of the regular stuff.  You get used to it when you don't really have a choice.  I see where you're coming from, though.

Dep, I sure feel sorry for you.  Sometimes it's hard to find the DMDCR around here but it's the one item I will travel all over town to find.  Most stores get very few in around here.

I'm going to try some of these other drinks as well.  I'm always looking to expand my horizons.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 06:03:06 PM »

Probably half the responses  here are from diabetics (me, too), so the chemicals don't matter as much as the sugar, to us anyway.

I also can't find Diet Code Red around here.  I love Diet Dr. Pepper... and oddly enough I prefer the flavor of the NutraSweet Diet Coke to the Splenda one - which is backwards to everything else I like, Splenda being so much better.  To me, the Splenda Diet Coke tastes much more like the original Coke than the Nutra-Sweet one, but i've been drinking the NS one for so long, I've come to like it.

I'm definitely going to look for the Vault Zero though now... what's the sweetener in it, Dep? A friend can't drink NutraSweet without headaches, and sticks to Splenda and the one they usually use with it (whose name escapes me now, of course).  Thanks for the tip!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 06:48:01 PM »

Love Coke Zero and I'll track down a Vault Zero for a test run, always good to have a back-up diet drink.  The best diet root beer I've had was Barq's, good stuff.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 05:59:49 AM »

Is Code Red still around? I used to drink that stuff like crazy. Switched to Pepsi to try and cut back on my caffeine slowly.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

Tried a vault zero last week and thought it was okay.  Probably try another one this week to see if it grows on me. But as long as we're tossing out favorite Diet drinks - here are the three I just couldn't imagine life without right now.

Pibb Zero
Diet Barqs Root Beer
Diet Sunkist Orange Soda
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 07:30:34 PM »

Surge was the most disgusting drink ever Dep. I will however try this thing if I can find the no calorie version.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 10:32:43 PM »

this is Surge, no lie, it's the exact same soda. I tried the Zero version today, and it was decent for a diet soda, and I don't normally drink soda, but it pales to the new Diet Mountain Dew, which is exceptional in terms of a diet softdrink.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 12:31:06 AM »

The new Diet Mt Dew is great,

But I drank waaaayyy too much of it last year trying to win a xbox 360 so I still need a break from it outside of like once a month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: