http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 09:35:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity Fair editor tears Bush a new one on Fox News  (Read 1638 times)
lokiju
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2005, 03:48:30 AM »

Never saw this on Fox News:   (56k warning)

:shock:

I couldn't get the video to run in Netscape, but it ran fine in IE.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 03:59:57 AM »

That's some funny shit right there. I don't read Vanity Fair, but isn't that the equivalent of In Style magazine offering combat advice instead of commentary on what the First Lady was wearing? slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 04:00:54 AM »

Kudos to her for saying what needs to be said.
$40 million spent is a crazy amount, donated by supporters or not.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 04:07:21 AM »

Fox News is VERY biased. They are pro-war, pro-bush and anti anything that goes against the first two. Look at the interviewer, she can't even be curteous to her guest because her guest wanted to see more money go to the troops than to Bush's party. Can't say I'm suprised though, and I don't watch FOX news exactly for their "one sided" views and lack of respect for other peoples opinions.
Even Joe Scarrabough (sp?) has more respect for his guests with opposing views than FOX.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 04:43:25 AM »

Man, what a crabby witch that editor from Vanity Fair was.  I didn't hear anyone complain with Clinton spent $42 million on his second inaguration ($49.5 million when inflation is taken into account).  She really blew a golden opportunity to sound intelligent instead of like a whiner.  Just more Democratic talking points.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 04:59:32 AM »

Except Clinton didn't put our troops in harms way without giving them the proper protection and we weren't at war during his inaguration.

Army charges Soldier refusing deployment:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=5&u=/ap/20050121/ap_on_re_us/objecting_soldier

He mentions not having the proper protection for their vehicles.
Besides our taxes are already paying 1 billion a week in Iraq for this war that was based on a lie, so what's another 40 million for Bush's party?

Also I voted Bush in 2000. I'm a registered republican. However when the president lies to his country about taking us to war, you have to draw the line.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 05:23:38 AM »

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006177

Short quote:

Now, if you suggest that opponents of the president's war policies tone down their criticism in the interest of national unity, or that it may make sense to attenuate some civil liberties during wartime, you're met with cries of "McCarthyism!" or "un-American!" or "If we do that, the terrorists will have won!" But the president is supposed to forgo the traditional inaugural celebrations--and leave many businesses in the nation's capital in a lurch--in order to make some symbolic point. Leave it to the Dems to accentuate the trivial.

What about Barbara Boxer lying during ther questioning of Rice?

Another short quote:

Presumably when Boxer says "I did not," she means that she didn't vote to liberate Iraq, not that she didn't read the resolution. But the resolution itself makes clear that Rice was right:

Whereas Iraq persists in violating resolution of the United Nations Security Council by continuing to engage in brutal repression of its civilian population thereby threatening international peace and security in the region, by refusing to release, repatriate, or account for non-Iraqi citizens wrongfully detained by Iraq, including an American serviceman, and by failing to return property wrongfully seized by Iraq from Kuwait; . . .

The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to--

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and

(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq.

Ignorance is actually the more charitable explanation for Boxer's misrepresentation of the resolution's contents. If in fact she did read it, her own integrity is a matter of question.

And here's another apparent Boxer falsehood:

You never even mention indirectly the 1,366 American troops that have died. . . . And 25 percent of those dead are from my home state.

According to Casualties.org, the number of California servicemen who've died is 157, which is about 11.5% of the total, less than half the proportion Boxer claimed.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 06:14:12 AM »

wow that vanity fair lady is a bitch
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 07:05:40 AM »

That sounds like Israel. How many UN resolutions have they violated? How many times has the counsel come up to condemn Israel's actions, only to be vetoed by one country - the United States?
They have WMD, they've invaded their neighbors, and they attacked us in 1967 killing 34 of our sailors. http://www.ussliberty.com

There were far more dangerous countries out there than Iraq ever was. As you surely know, the search for WMD is officially over. Why did we go to war? The report says Iraq gave up their weapons after the first gulf war. Hans Blix (pre-war Iraq) has said the same thing and has spoken out against the war in Iraq.
So has the ex-marine ex head weapons inspector for the first gulf war, Scott something.. (If you need his name I'll look it up)
Bush is just a warmongering blood thirsty president. What's worse is that he is the image of America. No wonder so much of the world hates us when we have a president who forces his views on other countries. He's already made it clear he's going to invade new countries in his next 4 years. I wonder who will be next. Iran? North Korea? Maybe even Cuba?

But hey, it's our job to police the rest of the world. That's just.. our job! So if X country which isn't a democracy doesn't like our government, they should be able to come over here and force their government on us too. Then when we revolt (much like the american revolution) against the occupation they start calling us "terrorists" and telling us they are only occupying us to liberate us. Imagine that.

This post isn't directed at any CG member by the way - I'm just disgusted with Bush, his lies, his wars, and his stupidity.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 02:35:28 PM »

I completely agree with naednek and Graham: what a godawful bitch!  Leave it to the whining, secularist left to try and diminish George W. Bush's commanding re-election victory by trying to refocus all the attention on the grave danger of our troops and their woefully inadequate supplies and equipment!  Liberals will do literally anything to attack our president, and apparently that even includes forgoing legitimate discussion of style, decor, and cuisine just so they can hijack the interview and complain about the lives of our troops.

This is why the liberals lost and will always lose.  George W. Bush understands something that they never will: that the greatest act a soldier can perform is to give his life in service to our country.  And rather than honor those sacrifices, all the liberals want to do is whine and hand-wring over the fact that they died by combing over minutiae like body armor funding and vehicle armor manufacturing.  Disgusting!

President Bush won, and he won because of moral values.  Deal with it.  These pathetic attempts to question the conviction of his morality by comparing his words against his actions is as tiresome as it is transparent.

I think the real news story here is how the Vanity Fair bitch represents yet-another attempt by the secularist liberal left to diminish the importance of God in our society by sarcastically questioning the value of a prayer service to protect our troops.  Where is the New York Times headline reading Vanity Fair Bitch Decries Prayer Service As Nothing But Lip Service; Says Troops Don't Need God's Support[/u]?  When can we expect the Washington Post to publish a front-page article on all the soldiers God *did* protect from harm yesterday?

Finally, I just wanted to thank Graham for posting the links and quotes about Barbara Boxer and Condoleeza Rice.  I'm sure most tunnel-visioned liberals won't understand what, if anything, that has to do with this thread, the war, the inauguration, Fox News Channel, or Vanity Fair, but that's because they're incapable of reading between the lines and seeing how it proves that that Vanity Fair woman is such a bitch!

-Autistic Angel
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 03:25:10 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
I completely agree with naednek and Graham: what a godawful bitch!  Leave it to the whining, secularist left to try and diminish George W. Bush's commanding re-election victory by trying to refocus all the attention on the grave danger of our troops and their woefully inadequate supplies and equipment!  Liberals will do literally anything to attack our president, and apparently that even includes forgoing legitimate discussion of style, decor, and cuisine just so they can hijack the interview and complain about the lives of our troops.

This is why the liberals lost and will always lose.  George W. Bush understands something that they never will: that the greatest act a soldier can perform is to give his life in service to our country.  And rather than honor those sacrifices, all the liberals want to do is whine and hand-wring over the fact that they died by combing over minutiae like body armor funding and vehicle armor manufacturing.  Disgusting!

President Bush won, and he won because of moral values.  Deal with it.  These pathetic attempts to question the conviction of his morality by comparing his words against his actions is as tiresome as it is transparent.

I think the real news story here is how the Vanity Fair bitch represents yet-another attempt by the secularist liberal left to diminish the importance of God in our society by sarcastically questioning the value of a prayer service to protect our troops.  Where is the New York Times headline reading Vanity Fair Bitch Decries Prayer Service As Nothing But Lip Service; Says Troops Don't Need God's Support[/u]?  When can we expect the Washington Post to publish a front-page article on all the soldiers God *did* protect from harm yesterday?

Finally, I just wanted to thank Graham for posting the links and quotes about Barbara Boxer and Condoleeza Rice.  I'm sure most tunnel-visioned liberals won't understand what, if anything, that has to do with this thread, the war, the inauguration, Fox News Channel, or Vanity Fair, but that's because they're incapable of reading between the lines and seeing how it proves that that Vanity Fair woman is such a bitch!

-Autistic Angel

I sense sarcasm is buried somewhere in here, so it's time to get digging. Wait... I have a chance to go punch myself in the face which sounds like more fun. See ya! slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 04:37:20 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"

-Autistic Angel

And here I was under the impression that people with autism were bad at using and detecting sarcasm.  smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 06:59:44 PM »

Angel's post had me tearing my hair out ... until I realized he was being sarcastic. You were, right?

Thinking about W, the state of America, the state of the world, the fact that the majority of Americans think that Republican politicians actually care about them, the fact that W has successfully undermined the purpose and authority of the UN in creating a fictitious war that people seemed to buy enough to re-elect the man, just makes me want to smash my head into my keyboard.

I am sad. It shouldn't be this way.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 08:29:18 PM »

dolce et decorum est pro patria mori smile
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 09:42:01 PM »

Especially when your president's buddies can get rich off of it.  :roll:

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 09:54:17 PM »

So far so good, keep it civil.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 10:53:15 PM »

Treasure those posts, Austistic Angel is the greatest, smartest, and funniest poster on politics Console gold has.

Just Hiro will do.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 09:13:42 PM »

Vanity Fair? Oh no!!!

I'm done with my subscription!  :wink:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Ypmur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 09:39:31 AM »

Worked for me in Firefox. I have to say, I agree with her. I was surprised to see so much spent on the inaugurations. Didn't remember seeing this kind spending being done the last few , and this is money all used up for what? One night instead of being used for soldiers who could of needed it more?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: