http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 08:40:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Va Tech - one year ago  (Read 724 times)
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »

icon_frown

It was a year ago today. Hard to believe.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »

I remember. I don't think I was ever touched by any school shootings before this one, but for some reason, the Virginia Tech massacre upset me. There wasn't really any reason why it upset me - I've never been to Viriginia, I didn't know anyone who went to the school. But still, I was sad about what had transpired there.

On a local gaming site I frequent I changed my avatar to the VT black ribbon. Turns out, someone I played Magic with - Mark graduated from VT about 10+ years ago. He thanked me for 'my avatar', and at first I wasn't really aware what he was talking about until he explained. We've been friends ever since.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »

I was in Japan a year ago, I remember stumbling across it on one of the English channels (probably BBC World News) in my hotel room.  If I'd been in America it would have been on every news channel, all day long.  Over there it was a 5 minute story then they moved on.  I had to go online to get more details.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zUxp63OTyog
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on April 16, 2008, 03:35:14 PM

I was in Japan a year ago, I remember stumbling across it on one of the English channels (probably BBC World News) in my hotel room.  If I'd been in America it would have been on every news channel, all day long.  Over there it was a 5 minute story then they moved on.  I had to go online to get more details.

You mean other countries don't focus on what happens in America and fill their broadcasts with mainly American news?  I, for one, am shocked.  I guarantee you England filled the news with the story of their train system getting bombed by terrorists.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 05:16:35 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 16, 2008, 10:03:51 PM

You mean other countries don't focus on what happens in America and fill their broadcasts with mainly American news?  I, for one, am shocked.

Wow, did I give the impression I thought it should have been otherwise?  icon_confused  My comment was that it was an interesting experience to see something so newsworthy from an American standpoint while on the other side of the earth.  I certainly wasn't trying to imply that the rest of the world should pay more attention to us.  Geez, back the sarcasm truck up a little.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: