http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 01:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V for Vendetta Trailer  (Read 931 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:23:21 PM »

Check out the site for various sizes. Wonder how the masses will take the movie. Anyone read the comics?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 11:42:31 PM »

Wow, it looks like The Matrix but with a female Neo(FeNeo?).   I mean, I even saw shots straight out of the Matrix in that trailer.

Believe or not, I take this as a good sign.  I still consider The Matrix one of my favorite movies of all time, even if the sequels ran the series into the ground.  I think as long as those Bros stay focused, they excel.  It's when they start straying off the path that things start fraying around the edges.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:26:42 AM »

I remember reading V for Vendetta.  It was pretty good, hopefully they can keep true to the comic.  Hopefully the recent events in London don't delay it, or make them re-work it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 10:54:50 AM »

The movie might turn out good, but it's too bad Alan Moore won't associate himself with the movie.  It's always nice to see the creator give his blessing on what was his idea.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Winter's Holy Hand
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »

The trailer looks pretty good. There's a review of the Sept 2004 script on Lying in the Gutters Column 9. It's the 3rd story.

n.p. Apoptygma Berzerk "Kathy's Song"
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 02:43:33 PM »

Oddly enough, I got no Matrix vibes off the trailer.  With the possible exception of the knives at the end.  Those were Matrixy.

I've never read the source material, so can't comment from that aspect, but the trailer feels like a straight-to-video plot with better cinematography to me.  That's not to say I'm not interested, though.  With Bound and The Matrix to their credit, the Wachowskis have a lot of pull with me.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 05:27:31 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
The movie might turn out good, but it's too bad Alan Moore won't associate himself with the movie.  It's always nice to see the creator give his blessing on what was his idea.

Vendetta Co-creator David Lloyd (who has read the script and given his blessing) commented that he didn't think Moore would ever give a movie his approval unless it was 100% accurate panel-by-panel from his source material.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 06:16:07 PM »

I'd heard about the same thing, but he's especially sensitive after League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - or as it's know in more extreme circles, LXG!!!

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 09:07:50 PM »

If the movie ends up good despite Moore's protests, I can still understand his protests what with League being so butchered.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 09:24:30 PM »

I would swear the music in that trailer, or at least sections of it, was taken directly from Equilibrium.

It's either that or some other movie soundtrack that sounded remarkably similiar.

Anybody know for sure if it's one or the other?

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Vendetta Co-creator David Lloyd (who has read the script and given his blessing) commented that he didn't think Moore would ever give a movie his approval unless it was 100% accurate panel-by-panel from his source material.

Sounds like he needs to get together with Robert Rodriguez.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: