http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 03:49:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V!  (Read 1613 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
V!
« on: July 09, 2004, 01:48:43 AM »

I just watched V: The Original Mini-Series last night and really enjoyed it.  I remember watching this as a kid and being scared by the visitors.  I was getting set to watch V: The Final Battle soon, wondering what might have happened during the television series and how it would effect my viewing.  I was going to read a little about it online, just to get up to speed, but lo and behold!  The complete series will be out on DVD at the end of the month!  Amazon has it for under $30.  For nearly 900 minutes of anything, that's a steal.

I had a great time watching the mini-series.  I was really glad to see how well it stood the test of time.  Can't wait to watch the television run before settling in for The Final Battle!

For those that haven't seen (or heard of V), it's about seemingly benevolent aliens landing on Earth and the human resistance fighters that learn of their secret agenda.  Don't want to spoil it for you.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
V!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 07:02:52 AM »

That sort of thing freaks me out.  But I'm very easily spooked.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
V!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 09:10:31 AM »

stiffler -

I remember watching V as a kid too.

Absolutely loved it.

Favorite Character... Michael Ironside.  I don't remember exactly what role he played, but he was like a rebel who took big risks and really tried to stick it to the visitors.  His group was functioning as a different group than the main resistance force I believe, until they hook up some how.  I don't exactly remember.  One thing I do remember though, it how he used to call Marc Singers' character "Gooder".    

A bit cheezy, but truly classic stuff!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Fellow

View Profile
V!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 11:56:24 AM »

I also watched V as a kid. I still remember one specific scene as clear as day...

***spoilers***
This was in V 2, the humans were on board the aliens' spaceship, crawling through its airvents, and finally came across one of the aliens who's unaware that he's being watched. They(or he) then proceed to witness how the alien takes off his human skin "mask" and human eyes off, and reveals the lizard face with two red eyes. I think this was the first time you witnessed what the aliens really looked like.

Anyways, that scene freaked me out so badly, that I had nightmares about it the following night.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
V!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 06:00:04 PM »

Marc Singer you complete me. biggrin

I watched this also as a kid and loved it. I didn't get freaked out by the effects all that much until Diana showed that's she's the queen of deep throat action. slywink

I also second Michael Ironside as being a great character. Just a really bad guy who figured out that aliens were much worse. I love it. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: