http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 10:12:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uwe Boll's boxing 'stunt'  (Read 775 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2006, 12:17:39 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

They pick LowTax from SomethingAweful?   Sad really.  I'd have loved to beat Uwe's ass.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 01:56:24 PM »

That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Obviously the guy didn't know how to fight.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 25, 2006, 01:56:24 PM

Obviously not.  I'd have really enjoyed being chosen for that so I could beat Uwe till he felt as bad as I do after watching any of his movies.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 02:21:07 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 25, 2006, 02:12:38 PM

Quote from: ATB on September 25, 2006, 01:56:24 PM

Obviously not.  I'd have really enjoyed being chosen for that so I could beat Uwe till he felt as bad as I do after watching any of his movies.

So it would be one of those old tyme 100 round fights?  icon_wink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 02:23:24 PM »

They should have put in a ringer  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »

Uwe looks to be pretty well built, at least when compared to your stereotypical Internet personality. No wonder he coasts through these things so easily.

How did you get not get in on this, KD? You could have lied about your background a little. "Karate? No, I don't know a thing about martial arts. I also weigh 130 pounds, and I'm anemic." I'm not sure if you could adequately perform "monkey steals the peach" while wearing boxing gloves, but you still could have pounded a little sense into the guy.  icon_smile

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Szgany
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »

According to what Lowtax has been posting, Uwe sparred with a "critic" ,who actually had some boxing experience, the day before. Uwe refused to go against him in the actual fights, though. He also mentioned that said critic had to stop the sparring, because Uwe was actually trying to kick his ass. I've mentioned on the OO boards that Lowtax says they were all told before the fights that is was nothing but a pr stunt, that no real fighting would take place, which obviously wasn't the case. There was also the promise of gear and boxing lessons before the fights, which were never provided. The GBS forum at SA is open to the public, I believe. The threads about the fights can be found there.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 05:47:54 PM »

Uwe is a trained boxer of some smallish measure of reknown, from what I hear.  Hence the reason he's challenging people to a boxing content and not a "movie-making" contest icon_twisted
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 05:49:25 PM »

Quote from: kathode on September 25, 2006, 05:47:54 PM

Uwe is a trained boxer of some smallish measure of reknown, from what I hear.  Hence the reason he's challenging people to a boxing content and not a "movie-making" contest icon_twisted

I was a professional fighter for a while.  Took the state championship 6 times and nationals 3 times.  I may not make shitty movies, but I can sure punch people in the face.  We all have to be good at something...and for Uwe and I, apparently it is punching.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 07:10:06 PM »

Took the state championship 6 times and nationals 3 times.

I'm beginning to think KD's not even a real person.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 07:12:01 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 25, 2006, 07:10:06 PM

Took the state championship 6 times and nationals 3 times.

I'm beginning to think KD's not even a real person.

This is about me not posting my picture isn't it? slywink

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 12:54:31 AM »

I'll never understand all the Uwe hate.
Seriously, what was wrong with Bloodrayne? I went to the theaters to see it and picked up the DVD (which also had the PC version of the game) the day it came out.
I'm looking forward to Dungeon Siege when it's released. (Been delayed again.)

And I've also had the pleasure of talking to Uwe through email several times (he has AOL lol) made a few suggestions to him and he seemed very open-minded and like he really cared about his fans. He doesn't get why so many people bash his movies when he thinks he's doing the video game industry a favor by porting games to the big screen.
And to be honest, neither do I.
If someone doesn't like a movie personally, then hey, that's life. We all agree to disagree on things, and movies are no different.
A movie like Bloodrayne you can be almost assured would have never been made if it weren't for Uwe, so whether you liked it or not, it's not like anyone else would have stepped to the plate to make a movie of it.
And the same with dungeon siege..

On bigger name titles, like WOW and Halo, it's being handed off to different people.
People complained about Doom (which Uwe never made)  which IMO, was a pretty decent movie.

I dont know maybe I just have a strange taste in movies, I even though Battlefield Earth was great, yet, people bashed it left and right. WTF was wrong with it?!   icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 09:03:36 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 26, 2006, 12:54:31 AM

I'll never understand all the Uwe hate.
Seriously, what was wrong with Bloodrayne? I went to the theaters to see it and picked up the DVD (which also had the PC version of the game) the day it came out.
I'm looking forward to Dungeon Siege when it's released. (Been delayed again.)

And I've also had the pleasure of talking to Uwe through email several times (he has AOL lol) made a few suggestions to him and he seemed very open-minded and like he really cared about his fans. He doesn't get why so many people bash his movies when he thinks he's doing the video game industry a favor by porting games to the big screen.
And to be honest, neither do I.
If someone doesn't like a movie personally, then hey, that's life. We all agree to disagree on things, and movies are no different.
A movie like Bloodrayne you can be almost assured would have never been made if it weren't for Uwe, so whether you liked it or not, it's not like anyone else would have stepped to the plate to make a movie of it.
And the same with dungeon siege..

On bigger name titles, like WOW and Halo, it's being handed off to different people.
People complained about Doom (which Uwe never made)  which IMO, was a pretty decent movie.

I dont know maybe I just have a strange taste in movies, I even though Battlefield Earth was great, yet, people bashed it left and right. WTF was wrong with it?!   icon_biggrin

Awesome post. Assuming you were being sarcastic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: