http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:48:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USC/Texas  (Read 2586 times)
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2006, 01:28:37 AM »

I swear to God, if I see "2 time defending champion" next to USC's name one more time I am gonna vomit. Even the BCS's own network is ignoring LSU's championship. Pathetic how much disrespect LSU gets for that 2003 BCS title. What next, putting "national champion" beside the name of a school that wins the Sagarin ranking championship?

My prediction:

USC 34
Texas 28

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 01:38:14 AM »

Texas is playing undisciplined at this point.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 01:42:30 AM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
Texas is playing undisciplined at this point.

Very.

Bad call going for it at mid field.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 01:51:33 AM »

Very bad for Texas so far. My pre game prediction, (I know its after kickoff but I just clicked on this thread now) is USC 41-Texas 31.

Go USC!!
Blonco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 02:42:37 AM »

Man, I have seen some bad kicking by kickers lately.  Also, cant believe the refs missed Young's knee down...no review...

You're going to hell with gasoline pants on!
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 02:52:50 AM »

Looks like Texas has gotten into their game.  I wonder if they can keep it up in half two?
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 03:06:39 AM »

OK...who put Crisco on Leinart's shoes?  If he slips one more time I'm going to start yelling "FIXED! FIXED!"  biggrin
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:17:18 AM »

Quote from: "Blonco"
Man, I have seen some bad kicking by kickers lately.  Also, cant believe the refs missed Young's knee down...no review...

These refs are pretty bad.  They also had to review just to see that Texas got the INT in the endzone.  Texas should have had another INT but the refs called it an incomplete pass.  The one where #4 came down with the ball in complete control and it popped out when he hit the ground.  Terrible refs, and a couple terrible calls by both coaches.  Annnnnnnnd what the hell did Bush lateral that ball for?  They would have had at least 3 more points.  Texas is up at the half, but I fully believe USC will come out and win the game.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 03:33:13 AM »

I love college football.  My favorite sport and I soak it up every Saturday.

BUT

I will be so glad when this game is over.  I'm tired of the same stuff ESPN has been recycling the past month.  I've seen the "Vince Young gets hit by a car" story 100 times now.  The whole "USC is the best team EVAR!" stuff.  Everything surrounding this game is just so overdone I can't even begin to express my disgust.  The entire month leading up to this has been overhyped and overblown.

I'm rooting for a great finish.  Maybe a little Texas win just to make the ESPN people look like asshats.

I still can't believe WV beat UGA.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 04:07:02 AM »

For the love of god USC, play some defenese. Ifirmly believe you will still win the shootout this game is threatening to become, but PLAY DEFENSE. Your defense is fast and nimble, press everyone up, the passes are all underneath, and the runs are coming outside and getting way too much yardage. Tighten it up, swarm the ballcarrier. That is all.

And win.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 04:32:23 AM »

I love Keith Jackson.

TheMissingLink on PSN
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 04:51:04 AM »

Go USC.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 04:58:29 AM »

Get ready to hear "3 Time Defending Champion".
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 05:19:33 AM »

Jesus fucking christ, you KNEW they were going to run that play. HE HAD TO RUN THE FUCKING BALL! WHY THE FUCK ISN'T A LINEBACKER SPYING HIM FOR THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME?
jesus tapdancing christ, USC wins this game 8 out of 10 times they play on a neutral field, and they give it away.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 05:20:21 AM »

Get ready to hear "3 Time Defending Champion".

"Maybe I spoke a little hastily there..." - Tommy Smothers
:wink:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 05:20:59 AM »

May I eat my post?  :wink:
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 05:22:31 AM »

May I eat my post?  :wink:

Here.  Have some ketchup.  Tongue

(Yes, it's the first image in google when searching for "ketchup.")

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 05:26:18 AM »

USC's non-existent D showed its true colors.

WHY didn't Leinart go for the end zone on that last play?  Fuck it....throw it up and see what happens ala Colorado.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 05:27:18 AM »

Vince Young is awesome.  He is Texas.

Fuckin hell of a ball game.  Good times.

gellar
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 05:28:04 AM »

Damn. Texas won. Good for the state and the Big 12 overall, but my boss is going to go crazy when he gets into the office on Friday. Yes, he's at the Rose Bowl, and he's a huge Texas guy even though he only got his masters there. His ego already knows no bounds (not unlike Vince Young) and this sure doesn't help.

Crap.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »

Quote from: "gellar"

gellar

Yup. Vince Young won the Rose Bowl, not Texas. I need to amend my post because its obvious that Texas is just a front for Vince Young. Everytime it was "on the line," I'd start a mental count on how long before Young would run it in.

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 05:29:46 AM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"

Here.  Have some ketchup.  Tongue

(Yes, it's the first image in google when searching for "ketchup.")

Me likey ketchup.  :lol:  I should be wrong more often.

On that note....I'm off to bed laughing my ass off. Thanks Crayola!  Cool
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 05:31:02 AM »

Wow, what an exciting game to watch!  I used to think Vince Young was overrated but I am a believer now.  USC knew what was coming and they still couldnt stop it.  What a great a game.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 05:32:41 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

gellar

Yup. Vince Young won the Rose Bowl, not Texas. I need to amend my post because its obvious that Texas is just a front for Vince Young. Everytime it was "on the line," I'd start a mental count on how long before Young would run it in.

I totally agree... not that there's anything really wrong with that though.  The guy deserves this win.

Ultimately, USC had a few too many mistakes on offense to pull this off.  Namely, Bush's fumble.  You can't do that and beat Vince Young.

gellar
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 05:34:48 AM »

So if Miami '01 is the greatest team ever and USC '05 is the second greatest, where does '05 Texas rank?

Watching the end of that game was painful.  Not because I was rooting for USC (or Texas), but because I was about to jump out of my chair and, unlike the rumored defenses, actually try to tackle somebody.  Yuck!

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 05:35:38 AM »

OK.  As much as I love USC (and love to pop off about them)....

Texas earned the win... period.

All hail Vince Young... THE most awesome perfomance I can remember.

Congrats to Texas fans everywhere.  EXCELLENT game.

Now excuse me while I go try and come up with finding a way to face people at work in 6 hours.

"Oh... would you look at THAT!  My door is screwed up and won't open.  Huh?  No... my phone doesn't seem to work either.  Bizarre...."

crybaby

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 05:45:55 AM »

VY is the man, that was amazing to watch.  If he doesn't leave for the NFL he's crazy.  There are NFL GMs drooling over this guy tonight.  How in the world did he stay so level-headed and calm on that last drive??  He looked like a seasoned pro driving his team down for the win.  250+ passing yards and 200 rushing yards?  That's crazy.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 05:49:35 AM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
VY is the man, that was amazing to watch.  If he doesn't leave for the NFL he's crazy.  There are NFL GMs drooling over this guy tonight.  How in the world did he stay so level-headed and calm on that last drive??  He looked like a seasoned pro driving his team down for the win.  250+ passing yards and 200 rushing yards?  That's crazy.

The problem is... his skill won't translate to the NFL.  At best he is Donovan McNabb.  The NFL defenses are SO MUCH FASTER that he won't just be able to outrun them.  A lot of his poise, I'd gather, comes from knowing that when it comes down to it, he's the best damn athlete on that field.  He won't have that in the NFL.  He'll be exciting to watch for sure, but he won't come to the same level of success as an NFL QB as a pocket passer.  In the draft, even trying to put aside my USC homerism, I'd still take Leinart over Young.

I'd love to be proven wrong though, he is fantastic to watch.

gellar
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 05:57:52 AM »

Wow Vince Young made USC's defense his bitch!  That kid's something, he really is.  

BTW - I also hope you are wrong gellar.... I would love to see that guy in the NFL and actually do good.  Would make for an exciting team if he had good frontline protection.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 06:02:11 AM »

Yeah it just doesn't translate.  I mean Reggie Bush, for example, will be a quality NFL running back, but he can't possibly dominate in the bigs like he did in college.  He's running behind a gigantic offensive line that dwarfs 90% of the competition.

It's even worse for VY.  He's faster than 99% of the guys on the field.  He's bigger and stronger than more than half of them.  He won't have that kind of advantage in the NFL.

gellar
depward

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 06:11:59 AM »

I dislike Vince Young.  I hate the running quarterback.  I mean, yeah it's "legit" and all.  But I hate the way quarterbacks are slowing transitioning into ones that can run for 200 yards.

Too bad USC had to get screwed over several times due to poor officiating and lose to Texa - I MEAN Vince Young.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
I dislike Vince Young.  I hate the running quarterback.  I mean, yeah it's "legit" and all.  But I hate the way quarterbacks are slowing transitioning into ones that can run for 200 yards.

I hated it too when I was playing NFL2k5 online. :lol:

I don't have a problem with running QB's so long as they are actually good at throwing the ball.  Michael Vick (a great runner, probably not even the best QB on the team) shouldn't ruin it for everybody!

Vince looked good last night but I don't see him pulling that shit on an NFL defense.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »

Great game.  I was watching it with a buddy and 3 moments stuck out:

SC going for it on 4th down, with Leinart trying a sneak.  With White and Bush on your team you do that?  WTF?!?

Bush trying to lateral after a big run, with SC ahead. WTF PT2

At the end, the last TX td.  We'd been screaming "Put a spy on him for God's sake!" all game, but for that last play we both looked at each other and said "You KNOW Young will try to run it in/he's gonna feel he has to do it himself".  These running QBs can't beat you throwing, that's why every team doesn't have one, it's a gimmick.  Force him to beat you throwing, because he can't.  But nooooooo...  SC looked like the last thing they thought would happen is that he would try to run it in.  WTF PT3
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 12:48:50 PM »

Here we go.  Three pictures of Vince Young taped to my door as I walk in to my office.

Oh what a joyous day this is going to be.   :?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 02:31:11 PM »

Heheh have a good day!  smile  You gotta give Young the props though.  Seriously, he bent over the whole USC defense and had his way with them.  That was a serious throttling!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Vince looked good last night but I don't see him pulling that shit on an NFL defense.

Oh I do. And the joy I'll feel when he gets pwned by some huge linebacker the first time he tries to run is going to be huge. smile

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 03:58:39 PM »

VY's talent probably won't translate directly into the NFL, but that doesn't mean there aren't NFL GMs salivating over him now.  

I was trying to remember last night, how many running or scrambling QBs have won the Superbowl in the last 20 years?  I can’t think of any off the top of my head.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »

VY's talent probably won't translate directly into the NFL, but that doesn't mean there aren't NFL GMs salivating over him now.  

I was trying to remember last night, how many running or scrambling QBs have won the Superbowl in the last 20 years?  I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Steve Young.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »

Quote from: "jblank"

Steve Young.

Werd.  Though every scrambling QB is compared to Steve Young.  I think only Vince has a chance to live up to that.  He can actually throw a ball and is tough as nails.

I still worry for his safety though.  NFL Linebackers aren't going to miss tackles.

gellar
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2006, 07:28:12 PM »

Quote from: "jblank"

Steve Young.

Werd.  Though every scrambling QB is compared to Steve Young.  I think only Vince has a chance to live up to that.  He can actually throw a ball and is tough as nails.

I still worry for his safety though.  NFL Linebackers aren't going to miss tackles.

gellar

I don't know. I don't think VY will do great in the NFL. At the absolute best I think you're looking at another Culpepper (which certainly doesn't suck....usually).

First, the trajectory on his throw is too low. If he doesn't change his delivery 25-30% of his passes are going to get knocked down at the line.

Second, he's not going to be able to walk through tackles like he did last night. NFL LB's and Safeties hit a heck of a lot harder then some of those USC players.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: