http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 12:20:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Network - The 4400 - Anyone see it?  (Read 1276 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2004, 10:19:05 AM »

The 4400 was on Sunday night at 9:00pm (EST)

Did anyone from Console Gold see this?

I personally thought it was pretty good.

As of now, there are about 6 main story lines... some of them intertwined.

The only real negative (in my opinion) is the female lead.  How unusual!   :wink:

I plan on watching it regularly if it stays pretty good, which so far it is.

Link :

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 12:11:31 PM »

I saw the commercials but I couldn't get a good grip on what this show is actually about...is it just that complicated?  I don't want to have to take notes when I watch TV. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 02:50:19 PM »

If they replay it I will watch it.  I thought it sounded interesting but I forgot it was on.  Now to check my local listings...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 02:51:48 PM »

I thought it was a movie...guess I'll have to check it out.  Is this going to be on every Sunday before Dead Zone I take it (Dead Zone is a great series by the way)?

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 04:05:20 PM »

Ron -  It's not that complicated.  Leave the notebook at home.   :wink:

Loren - I think they are calling it an "extended series" or something like that.  It has multiple shows coming up, and I expect they will make more depending on how it does?  Not sure.  I think it will be preceding Dead Zone each Sunday... not sure about that either though.   :?

You were one of the people I thought for sure would have seen this.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 04:07:02 PM »

Didn't look at all interesting to me to tell you the truth, plus there wasn't a new Dead Zone this week frown

Funny thing, even though my username has to do with X-Files, I'm like Scully and really don't believe in that kind of stuff biggrin

I think Six Feet Under on HBO would supercede this show even if I liked it.  I'll catch it in a rerun though...I also forgot about Monk on Friday, so I need to catch that as well.

Looks like USA's schedule is FUBAR online currently.

You know what series I'm looking forward to?  The Grid on TNT (starting July 19th) with Dylan McDermott and Juliana Margulies.  It sounds like a 6-hour limited series:

2 hours on July 19th
1 hour on July 26th
1 hour on August 2nd
2 hours on August 9th...and done.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 04:33:43 PM »

Looking forward to The Grid myself.   biggrin

LD

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:18:54 PM »

Yeah this is an old thread but I have been conditioned to use available threads when discussing a given topic in a forum(ie I use the 'search' function).

Well, season 2 is upon us and it is good.   I think the two lead actors have really connected with their roles and are alot of fun to watch.  I like their new boss.  I liked the 'cult' angle that things are taking.  The Evil Baby of Death has me intrigued.  My jaw dropped when Cletus and the boys met their fates.  :shock:

I don't know, this show has got me hooked.  It beats Lost by miles, I mean this show isn't afraid to put some cards on the table, that's refreshing.  The only bummer is that it is still gonna be a limited run.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 11:49:19 PM »

I watched it for the first time last night...I'm interested in getting the DVD so I know what happened before then.  I'll be honest, I was watching the commercials before it came on last year and it made it seem like a "based on a true story" type of things...kind of like X-Files was.  I only missed the first episode of that show, then I watched it religiously.

I caught up on a bit of the backstory on the website, but I need to get my hands on that DVD.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 12:02:01 AM »

I think it'll be worth your time.  The first 'season' did try real hard to be the Xfiles pt2, and the strain showed a bit.  That's why I liked this season's start so much, they've loosened up alot and are now hitting their own stride.  Similarities are still there, but there's a freshness to their approach too.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 01:07:43 AM »

Saw a little preview of this at the theatre during "The Twenty" and it looked good.  Totally forgot it was on and saw it was the second season...seems a little over my head.

Can I just jump in and watch?

TheMissingLink on PSN
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 01:39:45 AM »

I'd say yeah.  Sure you missed alot of stuff, but the thing is that knowing the basic idea is enough to enjoy the show with, and they give a quick recap at the beginning of the show.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 04:26:46 AM »

Excellent, gotta catch the next episode!

TheMissingLink on PSN
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 01:03:32 PM »

Good show. Thank God for dvr's....USA may have more commercials than I've ever seen in my life.

Demon Baby is scary. Nice resolution to the Tower of Babel storyline.

Does the cult leader (rich guy with beard...can't think of his name) remind anyone of the Simpson's episode where Homer gets a job with a huge corporation and they move from Springfield only to find out the CEO who hired Homer is some kind of crazed master criminal. I swear they look the same. biggrin

-Randy

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 02:20:05 PM »

I keep thinking they want Beardo man to be the evil guy, at least it seemed like that last year, but now that baby seems pretty evil too...

I wonder if it is possible that neither of them is supposed to be good...  Maybe the future people think that a struggle against super villians is going to make the human race stronger and more able to resist whatever it is that causes them to want to kidnap people and send them back in time with super powers.

At the end of last season, I was willing to believe that some of the 4400 were good and some of them were evil, but now it looks like maybe all of them are evil, no matter what they try to do.

I will be surprised if Beardo turns out to be the good guy though.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 07:22:11 AM »

Just picked up the first season DVD today (and damn if it isn't a hard DVD to find).  Watched all six episodes tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit.  At the beginning I was a bit iffy on some of the casting but I thought it all gelled very nicely in short order and found myself becoming pretty involved in all of the characters quick.  And damn if Billy Campbell doesn't make a great charismatic bad guy.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting USA to rerun the the Season Two premiere this weekend.  This has earned itself a season pass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: