http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 12:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultimate Spiderman  (Read 380 times)
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »

New topic for new character.  I've got no problem with a new Spiderman, might even check out Ultimate now.
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

I just read about this! So he's now a blatino and his name is Mike Morales... and possibly gay. Way to go, Marvel! That's some risktaking right there. I think it's a bold and funny choice all at once.  nod
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

Is he also an amputee? I mean, if you're going to play the minority card Marvel, you may as well go all out. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »

Peter Parker is known as Spider-Man, if you're not going to have him play the role why not make a totally new hero?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 03, 2011, 02:45:06 PM

Peter Parker is known as Spider-Man, if you're not going to have him play the role why not make a totally new hero?

I agree.

In other news, I heard DC doesn't want to lag behind in political correctness.. so they're killing Bruce Wayne and the new Batman will be a transvestite asian. He only puts on the Batman costume because, well *sigh* , he has to. The rest of the time he wears Victoria's Secret.. even at corporate board meetings.  nod
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:57:10 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on August 03, 2011, 02:56:14 PM

I agree.

In other news, I heard DC doesn't want to lag behind in political correctness.. so they're killing Bruce Wayne and the new Batman will be a transvestite asian. He only puts on the Batman costume because, well *sigh* , he has to. The rest of the time he wears Victoria's Secret.. even at corporate board meetings.  nod

Kingpin is black, he should be asian.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on August 03, 2011, 02:56:14 PM

I agree.

In other news, I heard DC doesn't want to lag behind in political correctness..

well they are having the new African version of Batman, called Batwing, who looks like he has power armor and goes by the traditional tribal name Sony T'tark.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »

I try to avoid Marvel comics as they eventually turned into mostly emo whiny crap comprised almost entirely of x-men spin-offs and other offal, but i fondly remember them from my teens (back when electricity was still new and exciting).  So I have to ask:  what exactly is this "Ultimate" stuff I keep hearing about?  It seems like they're drawing from that line for the movies...at least I get that from some interviews I've read.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 03:31:37 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 03, 2011, 03:27:17 PM

I try to avoid Marvel comics as they eventually turned into mostly emo whiny crap comprised almost entirely of x-men spin-offs and other offal, but i fondly remember them from my teens (back when electricity was still new and exciting).  So I have to ask:  what exactly is this "Ultimate" stuff I keep hearing about?  It seems like they're drawing from that line for the movies...at least I get that from some interviews I've read.

The Ultimate line was Marvel's way of starting select series anew, without any of the accumulated backstory.  they tended to be a bit edgier too.

it started out with Spider-Man, and then the X-Men, and then the Ultimates (Avengers).  along the way they had other mini-series with other heroes like the Fantastic Four and Daredevil.

[edit]  here's the wiki article on it.  I didn't realize they were on their third relaunch.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:35:01 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 02:27:26 AM »

Since they killed Peter Parker (and I haven't read it), why can't a new person take up the hero code name?
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 04:15:47 AM »

Quote from: sgoldj on August 04, 2011, 02:27:26 AM

Since they killed Peter Parker (and I haven't read it), why can't a new person take up the hero code name?

Peter's heirs still hold the trademark.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »

Marvel has treated those of us who started reading the Ultimate line when it came out like crap. First, that Ultimatum storyline which slaughtered dozens of main characters with no real pay off, and now they kill Peter Parker in a lame, emotionally jarring way. Are they really ending Peter's storyline with an unheroic, rather pathetic death?

Death has been fairly permanent in the Ultimate line. But I suppose I won't find out from first hand sources if that's the case here. I'm out. Marvel can take the scraps of the once-awesome Ultimate universe and go pound sand for all I care.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: