http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 12:09:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 135: Bones vs Rampage  (Read 384 times)
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »

UFC 135
Saturday, Sept. 24, 2011
Pepsi Center in Denver

PPV
Jon Jones vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck
Rob Broughton vs. Travis Browne
Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi
Mark Hunt vs. Ben Rothwell

SPIKE TV
Aaron Riley vs. Tony Ferguson
Tim Boetsch vs. Nick Ring

PRELIMS
Ricardo Romero vs. James Te Huna
Cole Escovedo vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Junior Assuncao vs. Eddie Yagin

So Jon Jones is defending his Light Heavyweight belt against Quinton Jackson tomorrow. Thoughts?
McNutt
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:50:12 PM »

I've dropped off the UFC radar lately, so I haven't seen Jon Jones.  Rampage is getting old, but he's still got it.  I'd like to see this fight.

I haven't seen Matt Hughes fight since he fought GSP, so that's been awhile.  I'm worried he won't have the magic anymore.  I still think the most exciting fight I've ever seen was the rematch of Matt Hughes and Frank Trigg.  Trigg caught Hughes with a low blow and I thought it was all over.  Watching him turn it around and end it in round one was freaking amazing.  I used to think Koscheck was a typical wrestler who could put anybody on the ground, but didn't know where to go from there.  He really improved his game though and became a good finisher too.  I think this will be a bad night for the hall of famer.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

I think Jones wins it, unless he gets caught by one of Rampage's hard hits.

Jones by submission or decision.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »

Quote from: McNutt on September 23, 2011, 02:50:12 PM

I've dropped off the UFC radar lately, so I haven't seen Jon Jones.  Rampage is getting old, but he's still got it.  I'd like to see this fight.

I haven't seen Matt Hughes fight since he fought GSP, so that's been awhile.  I'm worried he won't have the magic anymore.  I still think the most exciting fight I've ever seen was the rematch of Matt Hughes and Frank Trigg.  Trigg caught Hughes with a low blow and I thought it was all over.  Watching him turn it around and end it in round one was freaking amazing.  I used to think Koscheck was a typical wrestler who could put anybody on the ground, but didn't know where to go from there.  He really improved his game though and became a good finisher too.  I think this will be a bad night for the hall of famer.

Jones is lookin' pretty sharp. He should beat Rampage.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »

Yeah it's probably going to be a very rough night for Rampage. Jones has a reach advantage of almost twelve inches and he has displayed far more versatility in his striking game. Jones is also a very strong wrestler, so Rampage may find it difficult to even fall back on that if things aren't going his way.

I think Rampage needs to rush in and try to end it quickly. The only advantage Rampage can really bring to Bones is his raw punching power and durability. I very highly doubt he's going to outpoint Jones on the feet, and I don't see him doing much to Jones on the ground, if he can even get him there in the first place.

I can't imagine Hughes beating Koscheck at this point in their careers, but stranger things have happened.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

Jones is great, but the talk of him being the greatest ever is SO premature. It reminds me of when Machida won the title. Everyone was like Karate is Back and that Machida would reign a thousand years.

Jones is a phenomenal talent but GOAT already?  Come on.

As for the fight: Something way back in the back of my mind says that Rampage is going to steal this fight (i'd love to see him as champ again), but if I was putting money on this fight I'd bet Jones.  Rampage does not match up stylistically well for this fight and as others have said elsewhere, he's basically just a boxer now...

I don't know much about kosheck, but think hughes is a classy no frills guy. Would like to see him win, but no one seems to think he can.

I think the Mark Hunt Rothwell fight is hilarious. Not too long ago Rothwell was the up and comer. now he's fighting Hunt who is about as one dimensional as it gets in MMA.  Rothwell should win if he doesn't try to stand toe to toe for too long.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:11:34 PM by ATB » Logged
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »

I've been going back and forth about ordering this fight, but at the end of the day I only want to see the Jones and Rampage match, so the cost of the PPV just isn't worth it to me

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »

Quote from: Zekester on September 23, 2011, 02:50:42 PM

I think Jones wins it, unless he gets caught by one of Rampage's hard hits.

Jones by submission or decision.

I agree. Rampage can be fun to watch and has had some impressive fights but he is the past in MMA. Jones is the future and is already beyond most guys even though he is still very young. After seeing him just destroy Shogun I don't see a chance for Rampage unless he gets lucky and catches him early.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 03:34:07 AM »

Damn - that was even less close than I was expecting.  I thought Rampage would hang a bit... but he was completely outclassed.

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 05:53:35 AM »

After watching that and I had to fight him next I would of shit a brick, he looked amazing in there. I expected to be a little more competitive then what it was.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »

Rampage:

"Iím in the best shape of my life,Ē Jackson said. ďI expected to close the distance and overthrow Jon Jones, but heís great, guys. I thought it was hype, but the kid is good. I have to take my hat off to him. This is the best Iíve ever been. Jon Jones is here to stay. Whoever fights him next, I donít know, man. I canít see nobody beating him. This is the best Rampage ever, and he kind of had me mesmerized.Ē

stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 25, 2011, 01:48:35 PM

Rampage:

"Iím in the best shape of my life,Ē Jackson said. ďI expected to close the distance and overthrow Jon Jones, but heís great, guys. I thought it was hype, but the kid is good. I have to take my hat off to him. See, my hat is in my hand. This is the best Iíve ever been. Jon Jones is here to stay. Whoever fights him next, I donít know, man. I canít see nobody beating him. This is the best Rampage ever, and he kind of had me mesmerized.Ē

FTFY.
Laughed my ass off at that part.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: