http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 09:18:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U2K Infects QT3  (Read 4470 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2006, 11:55:58 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on August 15, 2006, 11:52:05 PM

If you'd really like to see some good U2K posts, check out his posts on The Superficial.
I didn't even make it halfway through that thread and my head started to hurt.  Seriously. 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 12:19:16 AM »

Did anyone click on this: http://u2konline2006.com

It doesn't go anywhere...does that mean it's u2koffline2006.com?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2006, 12:25:15 AM »

If you read my link to BC, you'll see that I'm actually a fan of his and still am though I don't have the op to read anything he writes anymore.

Three finger salute in CG was a work of genius consistently.

I just found it so very odd that he put me through the wringer the way he did.  I was looking for another board to post on post OO, but have settled in fine here and at BC.

And Calvin: There is absolutely NO WAY it has been 2 years since you changed handles. Let's see. Hmm. I'll bet you a um... gum filled lollipop (the actual brand name would just open me up to 'fixed that for you' dirty posts).

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2006, 12:39:09 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 15, 2006, 09:40:02 PM

Quote from: ATB
The whole saga told blow by blow on BC.

I don't know anything about trying to register on QT3, nor have I ever corresponded with Tom Chick, but this line...

Quote from: ATB
I fear there may be some kind of filter on your machine that's zeroing out what I actually type and replacing it with preconceived judgements?

...literally made me laugh out loud.  icon_biggrin

-Autistic Angel

Thanks. Maybe that's why Chick didn't want me to be there. He knew I could outwit him slywink.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:40 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on August 15, 2006, 11:52:05 PM

If you'd really like to see some good U2K posts, check out his posts on The Superficial.

LOL. The responses in that thread to his idiocy rule. icon_lol

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 04:53:26 AM »

I tried to reg at QT3 at one point.  Found myself chasing my tail trying to justify why I should be there.  Since I just wanted to add to the conversation and contribute to the community, I stopped looking for a reply.  I mean really...who wants THOSE kind of people in their forum??  Too much effort for such a small payoff.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 05:36:43 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on August 16, 2006, 04:53:26 AM

I tried to reg at QT3 at one point.  Found myself chasing my tail trying to justify why I should be there.  Since I just wanted to add to the conversation and contribute to the community, I stopped looking for a reply.  I mean really...who wants THOSE kind of people in their forum??  Too much effort for such a small payoff.

I've had a registration since before they started validating them.  Still works, I just checked.  I've made 11 posts.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2006, 11:43:19 AM »

I read QT3 consistantly myself, if for no other reason than they have some good computer games talk going on from time to time.  I am also, in general terms, a Tom Chick fan.

That being said, I find the general theme over on their gaming boards to be comical.  I have a special place in my heart for anyone that takes themselves so seriously, that they will get into 4 or 5 page long debates over things that don't mean dick.  These guys could find fault with anything, and I do mean anything.  Michael Jordan could score 70 points in a night, hit the game winning shot in overtime, and collapse from exhaustion after the game.  But if he missed 1 out of 12 free throws in the game, the QT3 guys would talk about that missed free throw for 3 pages.  And to top it all off, they are ridiculous enough to justify their negativity.  Personally, I think it's both hysterical and sad at the same time.  But hey, what do I know.  I'm sure some people look at my love for sports as sad; to each his own I guess.

And Ebonstone - regarding your comment of u2k being "serious" or not.  I can completely understand this.  For the longest time I had thought "Kobra" was a fictitious creation of Hiro or Brin or Gellar.  I'm serious, I did.  I thought he was "created" to simply piss everyone off on the OO boards, and that he was a totally made-up persona.  Can you imagine my thoughts when I started realizing he might actually be real? 

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:50:48 AM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2006, 12:05:52 PM »

He is?  eek

Ye Olde Farte
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »

have a special place in my heart for anyone that takes themselves so seriously, that they will get into 4 or 5 page long debates over things that don't mean squat.

Sounds an awful lot like another site too.  ninja
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2006, 01:22:19 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 16, 2006, 12:46:32 PM

have a special place in my heart for anyone that takes themselves so seriously, that they will get into 4 or 5 page long debates over things that don't mean squat.

Sounds an awful lot like another site too.  ninja
Will you stop with the snide remarks about my Hello Kitty fansite?!  Just because you didn't make it through the application screening, doesn't mean you have to badmouth us wherever you go! icon_mad
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2006, 06:05:57 PM »

It begins.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »

Gotta love it.  U2K brings the funny.   retard

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2006, 08:16:30 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on August 16, 2006, 06:05:57 PM

And yes, he's still gonna relaunch the Dreamcast:

I have plans to do it, one day. Thats pretty much all i can tell you at this point, i mean i just plan to make more games for the system in the future, and for those who dont own a dreamcast, they are out of luck i guess.

The plan is simple tho, buy what i need, get a team and make more games. So i guess just look foward to it , in the future. At this moment, on the gaming issue, i am just interested in running my abandonware site/ gaming site and 2 forums( yes i run 2 forums ) , and making pc games and making mods. My website is to open aug 20th, 2006.

The jokes are just too easy, so I won't even try to do so.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2006, 09:01:19 PM »

My website is to open aug 20th, 2006.
I can hardly wait.  icon_twisted

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2006, 09:41:46 PM »

It sure takes a long time to go worldwide.  And "real soon now", like tomorrow, is always a day away.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2006, 09:59:35 PM »

Quote from: Untouchable2K
I posted on gaming trend under the alias: The General , and Knightshade was the one who banned me. I havent forgot, i have a very good memory and i know what went down.

Watch your back, Ron.  They never forget! ninja2

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »

Well, if it makes you feel any better ATB, it looks like you probably got posting priveledges the same time U2K did.

Quote from: Tom Chick
Untouchable2K was actually never supposed to be activated.

All of the unactivated accounts got switched on when the software was updated. So every now and then, someone from a long time ago logs in and finds, hey!, they have posting privileges. The result is weird episodes like Untouchable2K's brief Borat-like contributions.

-Tom
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2006, 10:42:15 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 16, 2006, 10:07:07 PM

Well, if it makes you feel any better ATB, it looks like you probably got posting priveledges the same time U2K did.

Hmm. I don't actually care enough to check.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2006, 12:00:31 AM »

Quote from: stiffler on August 16, 2006, 09:59:35 PM

I posted on gaming trend under the alias: The General , and Knightshade was the one who banned me. I havent forgot, i have a very good memory and i know what went down.

NO!!  OH NO!!  I need to get my wife and mother to a safe place.  U2k is gonna spend all 15k a year he makes at his castle in Beverly Hills and go all Icy Hot Stuntaz on me and mine!  Oh the humanity!!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2006, 12:37:54 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on August 17, 2006, 12:00:31 AM

Quote from: stiffler on August 16, 2006, 09:59:35 PM

NO!!  OH NO!!  I need to get my wife and mother to a safe place.  U2k is gonna spend all 15k a year he makes at his castle in Beverly Hills and go all Icy Hot Stuntaz on me and mine!  Oh the humanity!!

No, no, he makes more then 15k a year. That's just the bottom end of his payscale, you know. So, as a warning, if you see any 5'1" actor/model wannabees wearing a T.A.T.U shirt, walk the other direction.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: