http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 09:00:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U-verse and Me  (Read 602 times)
rickfc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Why so serious?

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »

Today, I replaced DirecTV with AT&T's U-verse.  This means that I now pay AT&T for TV, landline, cell phones and internet.  With all that, I'm going to end up saving ~$80/month. That's with their U450 package, which nets me every channel, premiums included, and 18Mbps down/1.5Mbps up.

I'm super excited.  nod

Rick
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »

I love Uverse!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »

I miss Uverse.  Moved a mile away to a brand new community, and AT&T were to cheap to lay fiber while the land was empty.  frown
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 03:30:29 AM »

Enjoying my Uverse so far too, haven't had any issues the first 6 months.  Sadly my discount rate just ended so the price is kind of crazy.  I think I was able to recover some discount online today but I'm not 100% sure.  Only other complaint is I wish they would allow larger hard drive capacity or hookup to an external drive.  I have no idea how much HD I can keep and the DVR isn't too good at telling you, so I'm always a bit paranoid.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:25:34 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 15, 2010, 03:30:29 AM

Enjoying my Uverse so far too, haven't had any issues the first 6 months.  Sadly my discount rate just ended so the price is kind of crazy.  I think I was able to recover some discount online today but I'm not 100% sure.  Only other complaint is I wish they would allow larger hard drive capacity or hookup to an external drive.  I have no idea how much HD I can keep and the DVR isn't too good at telling you, so I'm always a bit paranoid.

Call them. They love to hook you up with the latest deal they've got going to lure in the new customers. Exactly the opposite of Comcast.

Damn happy with U-Verse for well over a year now.  Especially love programming my DVR via iPhone.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:12:12 AM »

AT&T did UVerse upgrades in my area a year ago and it's still not available.   icon_mad

How is the UVerse On Demand?  A lot of shows I watch are available on Comcast's so I use that instead of the DVR when I can.

(HBZ)
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on February 15, 2010, 05:25:34 AM

Quote from: rittchard on February 15, 2010, 03:30:29 AM

Call them. They love to hook you up with the latest deal they've got going to lure in the new customers. Exactly the opposite of Comcast.

Damn happy with U-Verse for well over a year now.  Especially love programming my DVR via iPhone.

Indeed.  The rep who took my order told me to call after the service was installed to get an additional $15 off/month, and to call once those deal expired to keep getting more discounts.  The tech that came out to connect was professional, well-dressed and gave me a switch and extra cables to connect my consoles to it instead of using wireless.

AT&T is going out its way with U-verse.  More companies (AT&T included) should treat their customers like this.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »

They'll keep doing it until they decide not to.  There will likely come a day when the policies reverse and they become the worst of the assholes.  I saw it happen at Cingular twice over a period of three years. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 03:57:42 PM »

I love my U-Verse as well.  The connection speeds are insane.  The only thing to be aware of is the limit of 2 HD streams at a time.  If you have more than 2 HD TVs in your house it can be a big issue.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 15, 2010, 03:57:42 PM

The only thing to be aware of is the limit of 2 HD streams at a time.  If you have more than 2 HD TVs in your house it can be a big issue.

Weird...I have a limit of 4 total connections, up to 3 HD at once.  I have two TV's hooked up at the moment, so I can be watching an HD feed on both TV's and be recording another HD feed and 1 SD.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on February 15, 2010, 05:46:03 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on February 15, 2010, 03:57:42 PM

The only thing to be aware of is the limit of 2 HD streams at a time.  If you have more than 2 HD TVs in your house it can be a big issue.

Weird...I have a limit of 4 total connections, up to 3 HD at once.  I have two TV's hooked up at the moment, so I can be watching an HD feed on both TV's and be recording another HD feed and 1 SD.

I think it's related to your distance from the multiplexer.  A friend about a quarter mile down the street from me only gets 1 HD stream.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

Mine is pretty much what is advertised in the commercials - 2 HD streams (play or record) and 2 SD streams (play or record) simultaneously.  It's a tiny bit frustrating as there have been a couple of "hot" TV hours (particularly on Thursday) where I would have liked 3 HD streams but for the most part it's been great.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »

My parents just got UVerse and were told 3 HD streams is coming this year.  I also only get 2 HD like the current ads say.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »

We just switched to Uverse.....basically a move to save money over the prior AT&T/Dish combo. So far, so good. It is nice to be able to record four items at one time and to be able to watch the TV while recording a channel you are not watching.

We are getting some big discounts as they screwed up the install date and we ended up going a week with no phone or internet service.

We have the U-200(250) option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: