http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Shows Winding Down - Whatchagonnado??  (Read 1612 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2005, 07:43:09 PM »

Amazing Race just wrapped up, Survivor is gone until September, Numb3rs just had it's finale, CSI's is this week, Enterprise is gone - I'm starting to get DEPRESSED!

What you gonna do as your favorite shows go away for awhile (or permanently)?

I've got Miami Vice Season 1 to finish (2/3's through it), then it's on to Voyager Season 1, and a list of movies out on DVD that I want to watch.

Hopefully it's enough to keep me entertained until my favorite TV shows come back.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 07:58:24 PM »

I'm going to watch Emergency! on DVD!!!! biggrin

Oh wait a minute. :?

Never mind. :evil:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 09:26:14 PM »

i'm catching a couple upcoming finales, then i'll be eagerly awaiting the start of SciFi's new season in july...no long wait for more Battlestar Galactica (and SG-1/Atlantis) Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 09:31:21 PM »

Finally catch up on my TIVO backlog

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 01:49:15 AM »

Ha! The best is yet to come:  Big Brother, 3 times a week on tv!  Plus, 24/7 action on the live feeds!  And it goes on for months!
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 02:45:23 AM »

Yeah, but....

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 08:24:01 PM »

Oh, I'll be fine.  Since most of my TV watching is based on cable series, I'll have the following:

Entourage
Rescue Me
Battlestar Galactica
WWE Raw
WWE Smackdown

And by September, the new season of Nip/Tuck will be on.  I'll be just fine.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 03:06:37 AM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
Yeah, but....

Lol! She rubs me the wrong way bigtime. She is just so...annoying to me for some reason. It isn`t her fault! :wink:
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 01:48:04 PM »

CBS announced last week that summer reality ratings hit Big Brother will return for it’s sixth season on Thursday July 7th at 8pm est.  The thrice-weekly reality show will also air on Saturdays and Tuesdays throughout the summer, with Thursdays once again being the live eviction show.

Often criticized for her robotic delivery and apparent lack of interest in the show, Julie Chen will return as host, a gig she likely has for the duration of the series after her recent marriage to CBS President Les Moonves.

Recognizing Big Brother as the flagship of their summer reality programming, CBS is set to air the longest of three weekly broadcasts of new reality show "Rock Star" at 10pm est, after the Tuesday edition of Big Brother.  In addition to this one hour show, there will be two half hour weekly editions of Rock Star and the hope is that this new series will benefit from the lead-in of Big Brother with fans sticking around to top up their reality fix.

Early rampant rumours that this would be celebrity or All-Star edition were quashed with the announcement in March that applications were being sought.  Prospective houseguests were invited to submit a two-minute video, two colour photos and their completed application form before the April 8 deadline, for their change to follow in the footsteps of season 5 winner, Ohio’s Drew Daniel.

Although surprises are promised, there is no indication of whether this season will succumb to the gimmick laden antics of season 5, with the twin twist and the live brother and sister reunion. According to producer Arnold Shapiro the aim was to find a memorable cast for this personality-driven show.

“Big Brother 6' has some big surprises that will soon be revealed,” said Shapiro. “Our goal this summer is to assemble the most colourful, competitive, and charismatic houseguests we've ever had”.

One such surprise is a new two-storey house for the “hamsters” to play in.
The set used through the first five series was demolished after season five wrapped and was replaced by an office building.  The new two-storey house, with a more loft-style layout has been constructed on former “Yes Dear” studio space and will once again house a myriad of camera’s to catch shots for the television show and the 24 hour live feeds.  The house will as usual have a back yard and will feature a swimming pool almost twice the size of that at the previous set for those essential bikini shots.

The description of Julie Chen's "robotic delivery and apparent lack of interest in the show" sounds about right to me.

Last year, the CBS website aired a live hour-long show called Housecalls that was hosted by Marcellas from Big Brother 4, and Gretchen, a California radio talkshow host.  They were both avid watchers of the live feeds, enabling them to offer a lot of interesting insights and to ask a lot of sharp questions of the evicted houseguests they interviewed.  It was an excellent show, and if they're not going to kick Julie Chen and her collection of camel-toe hip-huggers out on the street, I hope they'll at least bring Housecalls back again this season.

-Autistic Angel
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 02:05:01 PM »

I'll find a show that the wife enjoys as well and put bit torrent to work.  Maybe the Sopranos, as we have never seen them before.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »

Well, I still have to finish West Wing Season 4 and I'm going to get Scrubs and News Radio Seasons 1 so I should have enough to keep me busy. But even with that, where am I going to get my reality TV fix  :shock:  Tongue
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 07:19:29 PM »

I think I'll just sit here and hope someone resurrects Eyes.  *shrug*  I dunno...maybe I'll just watch Firefly and Stargate in the evening until someone puts another good mystery show on the air.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 08:48:15 PM »

CSI re-runs, CSI DVDs, playing with the dogs, avoiding watching Big Brother with my wife

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 11:41:54 PM »

Six Feet Under starts agian June 6th.

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 02:25:44 AM »

The Shield.

-- heard great things.  Maybe Carnivale and The Wire too.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 02:43:44 AM »

I am going to watch DVDs of tvshows and movies and wait anxiously for my ever-dwindling list of must see TV shows to come back on.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 08:07:30 AM »

Spend more time on games with free time unitll the best series on TV comes back July 15th.  biggrin
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 02:30:05 PM »

Stargate, Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis should be back soon, so I'm not too worried. Dr Who is still going, and like pr0ner I enjoy Wrestling. And GTA:SA is out soon, so no telly for awhile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: