http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:58:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV - good solution for not enough inputs  (Read 824 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2004, 12:39:43 AM »

Looking at the "greatest remote" thread got me thinking about buying a really nice universal remote but my TV doesn't have enough inputs for all my stuff so I have to use a switch box to manually switch between stuff.

That works fine and all but it makes it sort of pointless to get a universal remote because I still have to do so much manual work.  I couldn't, for example, hit "play movie" and have it turn on the TV, tuner, DVD, correctly select the right input, and play the movie becuase I would always have to get up to switch from the TiVo to the DVD player manually anyway.  

I can't imagine that this is an uncommon situation.  It seems that with the number of things to plug into a TV anymore (consoles, DVDs, TiVo, etc. ) many people would have this.

So what is the best solution (short of buying a new TV)?  Are there any remote controled switching boxes?  That would make a universal remote useful becuase it could control that.  However I have only seen the manual kind in the console game isles.  

What do you gurus of A/V stuff know that might help a fella?

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 01:18:57 AM »

http://www.beachaudio.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=338

Only $537... Tongue Should be a  simple thing to do, but I can't seem to find one cheaper wth component inputs and IR.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 01:44:35 AM »

Cool!  I bought two just so I would have a spare!  :shock:

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 02:06:35 AM »

The next option woulf be a receiver with component switching. My current dream receiver is a Denon with 3 component inputs. It's about the same price as the switch above, but with other benefits.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 03:46:02 AM »

What model Denon is that coopasonic?  I've been looking for a receiver with multiple component inputs, but the most I've seen (at a reasonable price) is two.

I'm currently using an Audio Authority 1154 component switcher - http://www.audioauthority.com/1154pr.html - it allows for four component devices with either analog or digital audio - there's no remote, but it'll automatically sense the device you turned on and switches accordingly.  I have mine tucked behind the rest of my equipment and have never needed to get up to switch devices. It's not bad for the price ($175 when I bought mine last year)
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 04:03:41 AM »

Quote from: "Laner"
What model Denon is that coopasonic?  I've been looking for a receiver with multiple component inputs, but the most I've seen (at a reasonable price) is two.

Denon AVR-2105 $650

3 to 1 component video switching, 4 to 1 optical digital.

7.1 channel, 90watts per...

mmmmmm

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 04:56:14 AM »

The back of that receiver is giving me a chubby.  Damn, the thing is almost a cube!

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: